New Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I 4MP?

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a simple question, if you order a Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I 4MP (English Version), should the Hikvision manufacturer's box (white and red color) the camera is in be sealed if it's new? There was no seal/tape over tap, nor any plastic covering the box as how I receive all electronic devices which I order as new.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can't count on it. But just check the product that it is undamaged and in good condition and works . Where did you buy it?

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It doesn't come sealed. Nor does all electronic devices you've ordered, unless you don't have a TV for example?

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yesterday I received a POE 8 port switch tightly packaged around in plastic, needed a knife to cut the plastic...last week I received 2 Chromecasts, both tabs were taped like a seal. Even my new cell phone I received last month manufacturer package was covered with plastic. I had 3 new >50 inch HDTV shipped to my house over the last 2 years and all were sealed not open, installation crew opened box at my home with me present.

It doesn't come sealed. Nor does all electronic devices you've ordered, unless you don't have a TV for example?

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So it seems you don't have any problem with money at least so where did you buy the cameras from?

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Some bubble wrap shouldn't make you happy anyway. Custom can open the box and hopefully reseal it sometimes they don't

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Amazon seller. All parts are in the box.

What is "EXVIZ Cloud P2P" they want me to add my device to?

You can't count on it. But just check the product that it is undamaged and in good condition and works . Where did you buy it?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Even if there was a seal, box needs to be opened by the chinese vendor to hack the firmware.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If they ask I wouldn't do it. Or do it and make sure to put some heavy password on it otherwise they can get acess to it. I'm not a big fan of ezviz if you don't really need it for some reason

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Amazon seller. This cam is sixty dollars less than what I paid for Samsung outdoor IP cam which I returned after a week because it failed.

So it seems you don't have any problem with money at least  so where did you buy the cameras from?

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
O guess you got the answers anyway here. Just try it out and hopefully it works twice as good as the Samsung camera ☺

Anto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is what happened to my Samsung unit if interested:

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a simple question, if you order a Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I 4MP (English Version), should the Hikvision manufacturer's box (white and red color) the camera is in be sealed if it's new? There was no seal/tape over tap, nor any plastic covering the box as how I receive all electronic devices which I order as new.
PoE?