New Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-I2

Dutchie30

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just joined the forum. Looks like great info here!

Apologies for what is probably a horribly noob question, but where are the POE ports? Or does this unit simply connect to a POE switch (along with the rest of the cameras)..? Thanks!

Was trying to PM you, Dutchie30, but it says I need 5 posts first. Boo.
I bought one without POE ports because I have my own POE switch. So this unit simply connects to that switch, along with all the other cameras indeed.

Reaction score
Thanks! I've been doing my first real deep dive into this tech the last few weeks and am finding the HIK info so incredibly lacking, it's a wonder they sell anything. Everything I read, however, seems to indicate their stuff is one of the best picks at this lower price range, so I've bought a couple of cameras. Installed the first one yesterday outside and just using the LiveView for now.

I want something that I can (as close as I can get) see up to 8x 1080p or 8x 4k feeds at the same time, if possible. I already own a POE switch, so this unit looks like a good option!

Dave88LX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have had no problems with mine. It is an upgrade from the DS-7608NI-E2 which I also have. The fan on mine is pretty quiet but I would not put it in a bedroom.
Hi, would you mind elaborating a little on what specs or features you've noticed that make it a worthwhile upgrade? Sometimes things are newer but you can't tell the difference, but in this case it sounds like you can?

Thanks.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Two things that were important to me was the 4mp camera feature which the previous unit did not have. The other was that it can handle two 6tb hard drive storage units. I am sure there are other things if one was to sit down and compare the specifications between the two.

skynet

n3wb
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator: