New Imporx Mini PTZ Bullet Camera Config

beretverde

n3wb
Reaction score
My Imporx Mini PTZ Bullet Camera arrived this past week and Im running into the following issues.

IMG_20160503_182340.jpg

When I plug it into the hikvision NVR it appears to turn on, when its dark the 2 ir lights can be seen. It also goes through a full pan tilt initial calibration before centering itself.

2016-05-03.jpg

I followed the instructions on the included CD, setting up internet explorer with activex and then attempting to hit the default IP via the browser. When I do this i get the following.

Capture.PNG

In the sadp program that was included with the camera it only shows the hikvision NVR.

sadp.PNG
This is what my nvr configuration looks like.

IMG_20160503_183935.jpg

I know I need to access the camera via its default Ip in order to change the settings for the NVR to see it. Any guidance on how to do this? Thank you.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I believe Hikivision NVR is on it own gateway so any camera on the NVR cannot be accessed outside of NVR.

You will probably need to connect your camera to your home network first and access it from there but I assumed that you plug it in your NVR because it support PoE and you have no other way to power up the camera externally right?

Bill

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I dont have any first hand experience with this camera as I don't own one, but hopefully that will change in the future. Hopefully this helps you

beretverde

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, that video is a huge resource, but my problem is I cant see the camera via the NVR or the sadp tool. And when i try to access the camera via the default ip address 192.168.0.99 i dont get a response. So Im stuck, and must be missing something, which is why I was hoping my screen shots would shed some light on the matter.

beretverde

n3wb
Reaction score
I believe Hikivision NVR is on it own gateway so any camera on the NVR cannot be accessed outside of NVR.

You will probably need to connect your camera to your home network first and access it from there but I assumed that you plug it in your NVR because it support PoE and you have no other way to power up the camera externally right?

Bill
That's correct, I've been plugging it into the NVR because I don't have another way to power it. So I should go get a power injector and try directly from the router?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you need a power injector set up static IP to to the camera via browser to whatever ip scheme your NVR defaults too, Then Plug it in straight to your NVR you should be able to see it. Make sure the username and password match on both nvr and camera.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Plugin directly to your router/switch or anything other then NVR

Configure the cam settings via SADP (see Fig 1)

192.168.254.x IPv4 <- replace x with whatever available ip address you will use
192.168.254.1 Gateway
192.168.254.1 DNS

Everything else can be left default, including username/password, unless you want to change it.

Next plug in to NVR and add cam manually, simply add username/password for the ip address above. (see Fig 2)

Enable virtual host and access cam settings.

Done

Fig 1 The only updates you need in the camera UI

Fig 2 Only need to specify username/password for the IP address configured on the cam

Last edited by a moderator:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
That's correct, I've been plugging it into the NVR because I don't have another way to power it. So I should go get a power injector and try directly from the router?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
To configure it before plugging it in the NVR, you will need to power it up somehow on your local network.

A power injector would work but I would rather get one of those power brick with power jack. This way it will make a nice tester if your camera quit working and you can confirm it if the power by plugging it in directly to the power jack and see if the camera power back on again. Or get both an injector and a power brick which would come handy for testing and troubleshooting purposes.

Bill

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
One possible way to use NVR to power your camera and still keep it on the local network,

This is for expert level only but I never own a Hikivion NVR before so I couldn't tell you this will work or not and also it will expose your NVR plus all your camera to the net.

First you would have to configure your NVR with a static ip / subnet / gateway that is part of your network but the static ip have to be unique. It cannot have same ip as any other devices on your local network. Disable route and DCHP too. I would make the local network 192.168.0.x if it not then configure your local network router to use and assign that addressing.

Next you would unplug your NVR from your local network then plug one of the LAN ports (one that cameras are plugged into) into your local network switch or router.

Plug your camera into another port on NVR and try to see if you can detect it using your web browser at ip 192.168.0.99 (again make sure no other devices are using .99 ip addressing. If you set your router DCHP to start at .100 then you shouldn't have a conflict issue)

Again I don't know if it will work or not but ideally in networking world it should work this way and it does require at least expert level in networking before messing with this

It might be just easier for you to go buy a power injector :D

Bill

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
My suggestion, which I believe is much easier:
In the NVR web GUI, pick the PoE channel you want to connect the camera to, use 'Modify' to set it to Manual instead of Plug&Play.
Set the default username and password.
Note down the IP address of the channel.
Connect the PC that has SADP to a spare PoE port on the NVR.
You don't need to change the PC IP address or change anything on your router.
The camera will show in SADP.
Change the IP address on the camera to the address you noted down for the channel it's plugged in to.
Set the default gateway of the camera to 192.168.254.1 (assuming the NVR PoE interface is still at the default value).
Plug the PC back into the LAN.
Check the NVR web gui - the camera should be there now.

beretverde

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you all for your excellent responses. I was able to get it working during my lunch break today. I used a ham radio power supply to power the camera and plugged it directly into my router. As soon as I did that I was able to see it in SADP and I set the ip address within my NVR range. I then plugged it directly into the NVR then added the camera via the NVR web UI and it came right through. So thank you all for the guidance, it saved me countless hours!

beretverde

n3wb
Reaction score
That makes sense, Ive been tinkering with it in live view and I was curious why it wouldnt come through on the sub-stream.