New IPC-Color4K-T-2.8 From Empire Tech shows Initilized out of the Box

dchomes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
New IPC-Color4K-T-2.8 From Empire Tech connected to Config Tool, shows Initilized right out of the Box. Shouldn't all new Cams require initialization so I can set up password etc? My previous cams from Andy required me to initialize them.
Config tool also shows the Model as E892DD - Is that correct?
The details page shows SN is different than SN listed on the box. Shouldn't they match?
I question if this was a returned camera possibly. Not sure how to proceed.
I sent a message on Empire Techs website but I thought I would also ask here.
I appreciate any guidance you can provide.
Thank you.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wonder if it is another bait and switch return someone did to @EMPIRETECANDY and bought a cheap camera and his camera and then sent the cheap camera back to him

I'd suggest reaching out to him and let him start the complaint process with Amazon.

dchomes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Purchased on Amazon and order says Sold by: EmpireTech-Andy
Box Has correct model information along with Empire tech printed on the box.
Silver tag on bottom of the cam has IPC-Color4K-T-2.8 printed on it but I did notice the mounting base plate has Lorex formed into the side of it.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Purchased on Amazon and order says Sold by: EmpireTech-Andy
Box Has correct model information along with Empire tech printed on the box.
Silver tag on bottom of the cam has IPC-Color4K-T-2.8 printed on it but I did notice the mounting base plate has Lorex formed into the side of it.
Someone went to the effort to make it look like his. Took the sticker off and put it on the other.

What got them was the base plate is different.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
to my knowledge returns to amazon of third party sellers cannot sell again, they need to return to someone.
only if amazon is the seller it is possible that used stuff will be shipped as "new".

maybe chinese factory fault. they also produce these lorex cams.. and they look similiar ;)

post some pictures ? also of the label on the cable ?

dchomes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good call @wittaj. Looks like you are correct.
The cable label looks obviously modified.
I don't think the two different color LEDs are correct either?
Lorex is on the base.
No UP stamped on the cam housing. I assume it should have.
I guess I'm not installing it tonight! efing thieves....I can't stand that. Sorry for Andy having to also deal with this crap.
I'm confused this happened since what @duplo wrote makes sense.
I will have to wait for Andy to contact me to go through the process I guess.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In theory every camera return in the USA for Andy is supposed to go to his guy here in the states to evaluate and go on the refurb list if it is a working camera, but that doesn't mean Amazon will do so in every instance.

If the person indicated incorrectly that they didn't even open the box, it may get put back on the "Amazon shelf"?

It just sucks that people do crap like this.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
So sorry for this @dchomes , amazon sometimes return the returns to sell if they find they are very new(We always forbid them to do this), that is the problem, We will get it replaced,so Please return this camera to Amazon and RETURN reason is defective, when we receive the wrong cams we will make a case with amazon. Thanks a lot.

Here have the same story.
(1) Amazon cheating Return | IP Cam Talk

dchomes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So sorry for this @dchomes , amazon sometimes return the returns to sell if they find they are very new(We always forbid them to do this), that is the problem, We will get it replaced,so Please return this camera to Amazon and RETURN reason is defective, when we receive the wrong cams we will make a case with amazon. Thanks a lot.

Here have the same story.
(1) Amazon cheating Return | IP Cam Talk
Thank you, Andy. Sorry you have to deal with these issues. I already ordered a replacement on Amazon and I will return this one as defective.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Make sure you go on Amazon and leave a very negative review like everyone else who has some small issue that could have been taken care of by reaching out to Amazon or the seller.

It's amazing how many negative reviews I see because the person ordered the wrong color or the item showed up broken. Chances are, if it shows up broken that it wasn't the sellers fault. File a claim and return it; there's no reason to leave a 1 star review against the seller for something UPS did.

I know Andy had a couple negative reviews a little while back. I would definitely leave some comments about how he handled this to help his rating.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Thought you’d have worked it out by now but the general public are all in the main self centered idiots and cannot be trusted!