New LaView / Dahua owner. Self installed, looking for tips!

jospaz2

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the following system:

LaView NVR: LVS-DHN6208 (LaView Saturn 8 CH NVR)
Laview Turrent: 4x LVS-DHPTK3682W-28 (LaView Saturn 4K 8MP PoE IP Turret Cameras)
Dahua Eyeball: 1x IPC-HDW5231R-ZE (Dahua 2MP WDR IR Eyeball Network Camera)
Dahua Dome: 1x IPC-HDBW4231F-AS (Dahua 2MP IR Mini Dome Network camera)
Router: Deco M5 mesh

So far I have everything set up with junction boxes and all. One of my LaView turrets was working fine but all of a sudden it got very blurry. Not sure whats going on there but have to trouble shoot that when I get some free time. Might be a defective camera. Right now I only have local access to cameras but will be setting things up for remote viewing soon. I honestly have no idea where to start in terms of configuring the NVR and the various cameras. What is the best way to go about the config? Is there a guide I can read/follow?

Regarding the camera that doesn't seem to be working, it also has some glare from a motion sensor LED flood light. I'm contemplating changing that light to be a constantly on with aid of a photosensor. The light is in an alley/gangway so having the LED light very bright and motion activated is best but I think real world and camera may be conflicting on this. If I go "always on" I think I have to get something a little less bright as it would be odd to have this area super bright all night long. May get some complaints from the neighbors. Would love some suggestions.

Thanks!