New LaView / Dahua owner. Self installed, looking for tips!

jospaz2

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the following system:

LaView NVR: LVS-DHN6208 (LaView Saturn 8 CH NVR)
Laview Turrent: 4x LVS-DHPTK3682W-28 (LaView Saturn 4K 8MP PoE IP Turret Cameras)
Dahua Eyeball: 1x IPC-HDW5231R-ZE (Dahua 2MP WDR IR Eyeball Network Camera)
Dahua Dome: 1x IPC-HDBW4231F-AS (Dahua 2MP IR Mini Dome Network camera)
Router: Deco M5 mesh

So far I have everything set up with junction boxes and all. One of my LaView turrets was working fine but all of a sudden it got very blurry. Not sure whats going on there but have to trouble shoot that when I get some free time. Might be a defective camera. Right now I only have local access to cameras but will be setting things up for remote viewing soon. I honestly have no idea where to start in terms of configuring the NVR and the various cameras. What is the best way to go about the config? Is there a guide I can read/follow?

Regarding the camera that doesn't seem to be working, it also has some glare from a motion sensor LED flood light. I'm contemplating changing that light to be a constantly on with aid of a photosensor. The light is in an alley/gangway so having the LED light very bright and motion activated is best but I think real world and camera may be conflicting on this. If I go "always on" I think I have to get something a little less bright as it would be odd to have this area super bright all night long. May get some complaints from the neighbors. Would love some suggestions.

Thanks!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have the following system:

LaView NVR: LVS-DHN6208 (LaView Saturn 8 CH NVR)
Laview Turrent: 4x LVS-DHPTK3682W-28 (LaView Saturn 4K 8MP PoE IP Turret Cameras)
Dahua Eyeball: 1x IPC-HDW5231R-ZE (Dahua 2MP WDR IR Eyeball Network Camera)
Dahua Dome: 1x IPC-HDBW4231F-AS (Dahua 2MP IR Mini Dome Network camera)
Router: Deco M5 mesh

So far I have everything set up with junction boxes and all. One of my LaView turrets was working fine but all of a sudden it got very blurry. Not sure whats going on there but have to trouble shoot that when I get some free time. Might be a defective camera. Right now I only have local access to cameras but will be setting things up for remote viewing soon. I honestly have no idea where to start in terms of configuring the NVR and the various cameras. What is the best way to go about the config? Is there a guide I can read/follow?

Regarding the camera that doesn't seem to be working, it also has some glare from a motion sensor LED flood light. I'm contemplating changing that light to be a constantly on with aid of a photosensor. The light is in an alley/gangway so having the LED light very bright and motion activated is best but I think real world and camera may be conflicting on this. If I go "always on" I think I have to get something a little less bright as it would be odd to have this area super bright all night long. May get some complaints from the neighbors. Would love some suggestions.

Thanks!
Welcome @jospaz2

Issue: One of my LaView turrets was working fine but all of a sudden it got very blurry.
Try cleaning the lens, perhaps some dirt go on it? Vandalism? Check that you're viewing the 8MP stream.

Issue: Remote access
See the VPN notes, remember not to port forward.

Issue: LED motion sensor light, yes that can disrupt the camera.
Consider putting a Dahua OEM 4MP starlight+ model in that location and running it in color mode all the time with a always on light which is not too bright, but bright enough to help the better performing low light camera get a good color image.

Reaction score
welcome and read as much as you can in the forums. You can search the forums by typing keywords in the search section. just click on the magnifying glass. Good luck