New member with a few questions

Lobst

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey there, I stumbled upon this website. As the official Hikvision website has little to none information I'm trying my luck here.

Currently I run a handful of cameras; models: DS-2CD2142FWD-I, DS-2CD2532F-IS and DS-2DE5184-A, DS-2ZMN2007
Everything is working fine, but I think it's time to upgrade to face detection and plate detection. I found out that these cameras don't have fd/pd.

My main questions are
1. Do you need a specific NVR for FD/PD cameras?
2. Is there a list somewhere of specific cameras that have face detection/plate detection. (What kind of NVR is needed to support them?)
3. Are there any problems with region that the cameras will be installed at?
4. Basically what do I need for face detection/plate detection to work? Maybe there is a complete list somewhere in this website?

Also is there a way to store all the data (video capture) somewhere in the cloud instead of NVR HDD?

P.S. Maybe Dahua cameras are better than Hikvision for these options? I'm only familiar with Hikvision though.

Thank you in advance.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey there, I stumbled upon this website. As the official Hikvision website has little to none information I'm trying my luck here.

Currently I run a handful of cameras; models: DS-2CD2142FWD-I, DS-2CD2532F-IS and DS-2DE5184-A, DS-2ZMN2007
Everything is working fine, but I think it's time to upgrade to face detection and plate detection. I found out that these cameras don't have fd/pd.

My main questions are
1. Do you need a specific NVR for FD/PD cameras?
2. Is there a list somewhere of specific cameras that have face detection/plate detection. (What kind of NVR is needed to support them?)
3. Are there any problems with region that the cameras will be installed at?
4. Basically what do I need for face detection/plate detection to work? Maybe there is a complete list somewhere in this website?

Also is there a way to store all the data (video capture) somewhere in the cloud instead of NVR HDD?

P.S. Maybe Dahua cameras are better than Hikvision for these options? I'm only familiar with Hikvision though.

Thank you in advance.
Welcome, start out by reading the cliff notes in the wiki link at the top of the page.

Then read in the LPR subject section about plate capture.