New New New and lost! Can't initialize camera...

IPCJIM

n3wb
Reaction score
After having our car broken into I finally got my butt in gear to start the process of installing a surveillance system. Eventually looking at having very good front of house coverage and most of the back year covered.

Total newbie! I've read the cliff notes and been reading here as much as I can. I am new to cameras and networking so I have a lot to learn. I started putting together equipment to setup and test.

I have a desktop to run blue iris on
I picked up a BV-Tech 9 Port POE Switch - Model SW801-AB
I picked up a Loryta IPC-T2431T-AS to mess around with.
I also have a tplink ac4000 router

I hooked everything up tonight in hopes of getting to play around and learn a bit but hit a brick wall. I can not seem to initialize the camera using the configtool, The tool finds the camera but when I try to initialize after I enter my password and email and click next it stalls then shows the screen below. (network timeout error). Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Capture1.JPG

I'm feeling pretty defeated, If I can't get through this seeming simple step I am worried about when I get the more complex parts of the install.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Maybe one of these can help.

Reaction score
Don't Panic!

Reset the cam. Take the cover off where the microSD card is located. Make sure the cam is plugged into the POE switch and the POE switch has power. Hold the reset button down for a slow count of 10.
DSC_4593.JPG

The cam's IP will be 192.168.1.108. Make sure that your PC is on 192.168.1.xxx

Run the config tool. Initialize the cam. Change the password but do not give it an email address.

Use MS Edge to log in to the cam's web browser at 192.168.1.108 and from there reset the IP address to something else.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
The PC doesn't have to be on the 192.168.1.xxx subnet. Config tool finds the cameras from other subnets. I do it all the time. For comparison my config tool version is 4.11.3 . The gotcha is that after the camera is initialized, you have to go to search settings and change the password to whatever the camera's password is, if you want to change the camera's IP address.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
After having our car broken into I finally got my butt in gear to start the process of installing a surveillance system. Eventually looking at having very good front of house coverage and most of the back year covered.

Total newbie! I've read the cliff notes and been reading here as much as I can. I am new to cameras and networking so I have a lot to learn. I started putting together equipment to setup and test.

I have a desktop to run blue iris on
I picked up a BV-Tech 9 Port POE Switch - Model SW801-AB
I picked up a Loryta IPC-T2431T-AS to mess around with.
I also have a tplink ac4000 router

I hooked everything up tonight in hopes of getting to play around and learn a bit but hit a brick wall. I can not seem to initialize the camera using the configtool, The tool finds the camera but when I try to initialize after I enter my password and email and click next it stalls then shows the screen below. (network timeout error). Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

View attachment 68369

I'm feeling pretty defeated, If I can't get through this seeming simple step I am worried about when I get the more complex parts of the install.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome @IPCJIM

Let us know what ends up working for you.

Thanks