New NVR I lost 5 cameras on a remote Poe switch.

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Bought a new NVR after my old NVR died. Same model as the old one.
Somehow I lost 5 cameras on a remote Poe switch.All my cameras on the NVR are operating fine but the ones in my garage are not, I tried to add them but all say “failed to find the network host” with the ip numbers of each camera.
I have a Ethernet cable going from my router in the house hardwired to a router in my garage where the five cams reside. Any suggestions?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
All my cameras on the NVR are operating fine
Are these connected to PoE ports on the NVR?
If so -
the ones in my garage are not
On the old NVR, had you changed 5 PoE ports to connect to the LAN-connected cameras by changing the mode to Plug&Play instead of Manual, and specifying the LAN IP address of the camera as the target?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
SHow us a picture of your NVR camera Registration page

On Dahua NVRs as long as the remote switch is on your LAN same as your NVR, the cameras would be recognized in the top pane and can be manually added on the camera registration page..

If you can't see them , its possible A) your switch, or the connection to it, has gone bad or B) something changed on your home network router

add-network-cam.jpg
add-network-cam-2.jpg

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok I’ve included a photo of the screen. As you can see I deleted a camera above in the search box. If I add it it stays red.NVR Monitor.jpg

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure Im following what you did but,... on the bottom the two cameras showing red, D2, D3, are using the wrong port for internal PoE ports. (10.1.1.x)
37777 should only be used for cameras on an external switch not being connected to the internal switch.
Usually when they show as port 37777 at bottom its because they were manually pushed or added there. On cameras using the internal PoE ports of the NVR, they should be allowed to migrate to the bottom pane by themselves.

Are D2, D3 on an external switch? And if so, what is that external switch plugged into at the NVR? a PoE port or the NVR LAN port?

Looks ot me like some unnecessary network tricks are being applied and need unfucked

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oh, thank you for the reply- this really needs to be unfuckek:)
Yes all the cams offline are on an external POE switch The switch
Is hardwired into an apple AirPort Extreme.in a remote location ( my garage)
The Extreme is hardwired into another AirPort Extreme in my house and then the NVR.
Any ideas will be appreciated!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Does the last Extreme connect to the NVR LAN port, ...not a PoE port I hope..?

What about D4? Is it also on that switch?

Basically if they are on the external switch they shouldnt have 10.1.1.x IP's at all.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is your NVR LAN and router on the same subnet.......192.168.x/xxx. ?
Those 10.1.1.xx addresses are given by the NVR 's POE ports.

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Basically if they are on the external switch they shouldnt have 10.1.1.x IP's at all.
Yes

Yes it does
Is your NVR LAN and router on the same subnet.......192.168.x/xxx. ?
Those 10.1.1.xx addresses are given by the NVR 's POE ports.
yes it is

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
You must have applied some change in the old NVR that allowed network hosts to be found rather than the current " failed to find the network host" error messages.
Unfuckingfortunately we don't we a config file backed up to try to apply to new device. ( might not work anyway if firmware is different enough)

/me goes to NVR and backs up his config file...
D2 and D3 might need to be looked at in the cam gui to see what the DHCP/ Static Ip settings are like.
It appears they have or had a POE switch connection before using 37777, but their IP's are messed up.
If, in fact d2 and 3 are local to the NVR, they should not be showing port 37777,
But I suspect they are remote.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
All my cams are on a seperate Switch even though i have POE ports on the NVR....for what ever reason, my network access to the cams is very responsive via the switch versus the NVR internal POE with its 80Mbps ( maybe not even full Duplex) bandwidth cap.

1705132926648.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
So if D4 is on that same external switch, and it’s working and correctly assigned a 192x address from the router, D2 and D3 should look the same.

Fastest way out of the mess is to 1) delete D2,D3 from the Reg page, 2) default D2/D3 by either their GUI or the onboard factory default button, while connected. They should be assigned a 192 address.
Then connect the switch back to the NVR, discover them, and manually add to the bottom pane.

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
All my cams are on a seperate Switch even though i have POE ports on the NVR....for what ever reason, my network access to the cams is very responsive via the switch versus the NVR internal POE with its 80Mbps ( maybe not even full Duplex) bandwidth cap.

View attachment 182587
8 cams are on the NVR’s built in Poe switch.
The other five cameras are on a remote Poe switch in my garage . Those 5 cameras are the ones that are out. It’s wired together like this:
The NVR is connected to a switch. Also in that switch are a cable

View attachment 182587

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The other five cameras are on a remote Poe switch in my garage . Those 5 cameras are the ones that are out. It’s wired together like this:
The NVR is connected to a switch. Also in that switch are a cable
Let me start that again...
The other 5 cameras are on a remote Poe switch in my garage . Those 5 cameras are the ones that are out. It’s wired together like this:
In my house the NVR is connected to a switch. Also on that switch are a cable to an Airport Extreme router and a cable to the Poe switch in
the garage. From the Poe switch it goes to another Airport extreme which provides wifi to the garage.
All my cameras are on the 10.1.1x scheme.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
They should not be and D4 isnt.
D4 is correct if connected to an external switch.
D2, D3 are not.

You shouldnt have external switch attached cams using the same 10.1.1.x network that the internal NVR PoE port cams are using

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
NVR and garage cams need to be matching IP schemes.
Internal IP cams ( plugged into NVR) would default to 10.x.x.x as thats the New out of the box default IP scheme of the internal network of the POE NVR
they are on thier own network inside the NVR.