New nvr "older" cameras

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello I have new dahua nvr 5216 poe and have problem just couple of new cameras I can see older starlight 2mp I can see and status is red dots on older cameras ,what do I need to do to see them ?

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IPC-HDW5231R-Z cameras mainly+ 1 ptz
Yes correct cameras are plugged into poe ports

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello I have new dahua nvr 5216 poe and have problem just couple of new cameras I can see older starlight 2mp I can see and status is red dots on older cameras ,what do I need to do to see them ?
Hi @mmdb

I few thoughts I had:

Did the older cameras work prior to connecting to the NVR? ..
Are you testing with known good cables?
Do you have the user / passwords?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would do a factory reset of the cameras and then plug them into the NVR one at a time and do not plug the next one in until the previous camera shows up on the display.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
If you made a new and or different password for the new NVR then you may need to manually input the password in the Cameras tab/Device search/Add

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Sometimes going this route will activate the camera. I moved some cables around in the garage, and put everything on one switch, and for whatever it's not turning green, The reason i have not had time to play around and get it feeding into the NVR, but I'm ok cuz its still working in Blue Iris and being recorded to that drive.

1676199750297.png
1676199875814.png

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok now so in the time it took to write the post above, and paste in the screen shots, I hit the Save button once more. I'll be damned if waiting on the NVR to come to it's senses didn't take care of the problem.
SO now that cam is being recorded to both BI and the NVR,
For me though, the only problem with that is my NVR is a 4108, with a Rage inducing 80 Mbps Wan port.....
I may be looking at a 320 Mbps 5216 just for the bandwidth....

Last edited:

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks flintstone ..yes with new nvr I put new password for nvr ..I will try to change password for cameras but what is default password for cameras ? It's 6 characters I presume because I see 6 dots ?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah dont get fancy.
same user pass.
there is no default password for the cams on an NVR really. they usually are factory set to DHCP so upon boot up, the NVR will assign it an Ip address and the password, which will be the Admin Passowrd of the NVR

ClubMakati

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm pretty new at this but had a situation like OP's picture when I got a new Lorex(Dahua) NVR to use with cameras the previous tenant in our office left behind. Default camera password didn't work that I found online and my new NVR password didn't work. I took them all down one by one and did a manual reset. That solved the issue.

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes hard reset did the trick mostly ...and for everyone that have same problems ...after hard reset on cameras bedded to delite channel for camera and after add it again and that did the trick ...now just need to see why ptz command don't work from nvr ...

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got to move ptz camera just through w10pc ..first login to nvr then camera list than in added device we need to press internet sign blue letter e and it will pop up new tab for that camera and from there you can move ptz pan tilt zoom etc ....