New (poster) needs help

72schiada

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I've been lurking around on here for years. Currently have a ED9632H5NV-16P-A. I updated it with this firmware a while ago, probably the wrong one, 1.4.8.58721B230428.N4I.U1(32A84G) . Anyway, all my internal poe ports went dead and it only sees my outside ip cam on my networks subnet. I've bought blue iris and had some big hopes with it, but I see I have a lot to learn and dont really have the time right now. I am currently running 17 cameras 5mp - 8mp , 4k. Also have a split 180 that I can not get it to recognize. At this point, I think I am just going to buy a new NVR for the moment. Have 2 new new wd red disks, so if it doesn't' come with hdd,s, that's okay. if it does, its not a deal-breaker either. Is A TVT NVR still the way to go? I just want something reliable, easy to use and up to date. Also, being able to support the new split 180 cams and plate reckognition. My question was, where do I buy my tvt box? I am in usa, los angeles and dont see any real suppliers? Also, what is the exact model that I should be looking for. Need to support 32 cams. 16 on board poe is okay. Please help, wil also need help at some point figuring out blue iris. Nice to meet everyone and sorry for my stupidity, just am busy with alot of other things at the moment. Thanks again in advance for any help. ready to buy.

Thanks,
-Mike

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What make/model of cameras?

Since you know the cam's IP addresses on your LAN (I'd make those static, BTW) you should be able to tell BI the IP, username, password and click on "Find/Inspect", especially if they're ONVIF compliant.

Should you decide to go with a POE NVR, I highly suggest Dahua or Dahua-OEM'd as supplied by @EMPIRETECANDY ; he'll get you what you need quickly, at a great price and provides terrific customer service! :cool:

Lastly, you can obtain a LOT more helpful answers and assistance on here with Dahua than you would with TVT. And no shortage of help with BI either.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I updated it with this firmware a while ago, probably the wrong one, 1.4.8.58721B230428.N4I.U1(32A84G) . Anyway, all my internal poe ports went dead
Does the NVR web GUI or HDMI/VGA interface have tickboxes to enable / disable PoE for the camera PoE ports?

72schiada

n3wb
Reaction score
No, they were all working fine and then just suddenly went out. I plugged in an injector inline and it came back, so I think the power to the internal poe went out. I liked the Dahua as well, even got my last camera from Andy @ empire, just was getting alot of TVT supporters when I had mentioned Dahua. @EMPIRETECANDY , could you send me your email so I can put together some questions and then get an order going? Thanks everyone for the advice. ...So, Dahua should be better in every way, correct? No advantage to getting another TVT? Just don't want to be mad at myself later for making a bad decision.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No, they were all working fine and then just suddenly went out. I plugged in an injector inline and it came back, so I think the power to the internal poe went out. I liked the Dahua as well, even got my last camera from Andy @ empire, just was getting alot of TVT supporters when I had mentioned Dahua. @EMPIRETECANDY , could you send me your email so I can put together some questions and then get an order going? Thanks everyone for the advice. ...So, Dahua should be better in every way, correct? No advantage to getting another TVT? Just don't want to be mad at myself later for making a bad decision.
A PM ( mail envelope at upper right) might be quicker. :cool:

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
1. we don't known what is TVT and who sells it.. It is not a popular brand...
2. if your NVR is working, but only POE ports are dead, you can buy any POE switch and connect all cameras to POE switch... and POE switch to external port in NVR and on second port to the router... You will need to reconfigure IP addressed to Your network segment on all cameras and add cameras to NVR one more time, but they will work with Your actual TVT NVR..
3. if you want change NVR to a new one, new TVT NVR is simplest solution. It will simply work with Your cams.. Especially if Your cams are AI (are they???)
4. BlueIris (or other VMS) is second solution - but it require some work.. FOr this solution You will need enable ONVIF support & user/pass on all cameras (does they support ONVIF)..
5. third solution is buy a good NVR from Dahua or HIK and use ONVIF integration on cams.. please remember that in this solution only video will work (no events, no configuration of camera options from NVR etc).. these functions work only if cams & NVR are from the same company.. if you bought 180 cams from HIK/Dahua, you should buy NVR from the same company...
6. AI functions (human/car detections, plate recognition) are usually done on cams.. Does your cams support this features?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I've been lurking around on here for years. Currently have a ED9632H5NV-16P-A. I updated it with this firmware a while ago, probably the wrong one, 1.4.8.58721B230428.N4I.U1(32A84G) . Anyway, all my internal poe ports went dead and it only sees my outside ip cam on my networks subnet. I've bought blue iris and had some big hopes with it, but I see I have a lot to learn and dont really have the time right now. I am currently running 17 cameras 5mp - 8mp , 4k. Also have a split 180 that I can not get it to recognize. At this point, I think I am just going to buy a new NVR for the moment. Have 2 new new wd red disks, so if it doesn't' come with hdd,s, that's okay. if it does, its not a deal-breaker either. Is A TVT NVR still the way to go? I just want something reliable, easy to use and up to date. Also, being able to support the new split 180 cams and plate reckognition. My question was, where do I buy my tvt box? I am in usa, los angeles and dont see any real suppliers? Also, what is the exact model that I should be looking for. Need to support 32 cams. 16 on board poe is okay. Please help, wil also need help at some point figuring out blue iris. Nice to meet everyone and sorry for my stupidity, just am busy with alot of other things at the moment. Thanks again in advance for any help. ready to buy.

Thanks,
-Mike
Hi Mike ..

TVT .. so ideally you want to identify the oem and stick with that oem company nvr .. match the oem of the cameras with the oem of the nvr as well as any tech tier ..

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Thanks,
-Mike
searching for the following, brings up

ED9632H5NV-16P-A

note, it is listed as NDAA compliant .. so not certain who the original OEM would be ..

1707876086349.png

Attachments