New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, though you posted a screenshot of IVMS, not Batch configuration tool. In the Batch Config app (screenshot I posted), there is no remote config option. Note that I am on a mac - don't know if another OS has a different version of the same tool.
Here is my iVMS-4200, have not used it in awhile:

1587998936763.png

hawkeye217

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I agree. I emailed product support to get this implemented. Please email them as well - the more the better.
I've emailed them before about this same issue (both LaView and EZVIZ). I also emailed them to ask if it'd be possible to control the LEDs around the button from an ONVIF command or API call. I have them turned off permanently but I would love to be able to turn them on with an API call or even have them turned on automatically when the PIR detects motion. I don't want to leave them on all the time as they're super bright and visible at night. I'm using the Hikvision API to turn off the WDR during the day and then turn it back on at night, and I'd love to be able to do something similar with the LED ring!

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Now I'm interested in uncompressing the firmware to see what goodies I can find ;)
Would be awesome if you could figure out a way to alter them. Crazy but when we load Batch Config Tool, for a short burst you see all of the options removed...

1588000799691.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've emailed them before about this same issue (both LaView and EZVIZ). I also emailed them to ask if it'd be possible to control the LEDs around the button from an ONVIF command or API call. I have them turned off permanently but I would love to be able to turn them on with an API call or even have them turned on automatically when the PIR detects motion. I don't want to leave them on all the time as they're super bright and visible at night. I'm using the Hikvision API to turn off the WDR during the day and then turn it back on at night, and I'd love to be able to do something similar with the LED ring!
Yeah I too called LaView, did not get far, they would not let me talk to the Software Dept., as they called it. So never got past Tier 1 support, they pasted on my request :)

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Would be awesome if you could figure out a way to alter them. Crazy but when we load Batch Config Tool, for a short burst you see all of the options removed...

View attachment 60557
It's not that it showed and disappeared. It's the app showing all settings the app can do for ANY Hikvision cams but then narrows it down to what is supported by the specific cam

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Pliable Pixels

You should see the gear wheel to configure the Doorbell camera. Noticed on the bottom of your screen shot that the doorbell security is activated. Mine is not.

Thinking I did you the batch configuration to turn down the volume. Screen shot is as David posted above.

It is the same configuration shown in IVms 4200 running here on Linux.

Pliable Pixels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmmm, loaded Batch Config Tool. The Remote Configuration are the same in both, only issue is iVMS-4200 sometimes does not show the CCD option I think that is one of the reasons most here use the Batch Tool, also it loads faster.
Yes, you have more icons next to the doorbell than my batch config too. Not sure if you are on a mac as well - if not, it may be platform features related. Anyway, not an issue - the IVMS UI works just fine.

Interestingly, for some oddball reason the bell isn't sounding as loud as it did on day 1. I thought maybe one of the volume sliders did something but setting them to 0 made no difference. Anyway.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, though you posted a screenshot of IVMS, not Batch configuration tool. In the Batch Config app (screenshot I posted), there is no remote config option. Note that I am on a mac - don't know if another OS has a different version of the same tool.
Batch Config tool is part of iVMS, or Ezviz Studio. You can also download it as a standalone tool from Hikvision's site. Same functions in all of them.

I confirm what David said: you can modify the volume in the video&audio settings, check attached screenshots.

1588086506564.png1588086535255.png

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Pliable Pixels

I do not think that you are logged in to your Video Doorbell. That is why you are not able to change the settings using the Hikvision batch configuration program.

When you first install the Doorbell camera in the batch configuration program it'll ask you for the admin password and it will save it.

In fact you need to use the admin password with all of the aforementioned programs that run on Windows / Linux.

jeproks

n3wb
Reaction score
I had a 1st gen LaView doorbell and replaced it with an EZVIZ DB1after 2 year because it keeps disconnecting from the Guarding Vision app. I setup the Laview as a IP camera on my LTS HD-TVI DVR. Anyways, I was surprised that the 2nd gen does not have a web interface nor I can change the admin password. I tried adding it to my 5 yr old DVR and it's complaining that the 6 character password is risky. 2nd, it says parameters incorrect and won't display anything. After reading this thread, I downloaded the batch config tool and changed the resolution from 2048x1536 to 1280x960 since the max resolution supported by my DVR is 1080P. That worked but I'm wondering why they didn't have 1920x1080 on the drop down?

Pliable Pixels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Pliable Pixels

I do not think that you are logged in to your Video Doorbell. That is why you are not able to change the settings using the Hikvision batch configuration program.

When you first install the Doorbell camera in the batch configuration program it'll ask you for the admin password and it will save it.

In fact you need to use the admin password with all of the aforementioned programs that run on Windows / Linux.

Thanks @pete_c, I am actually logged in. I re-added and entered my password. The difference between the screenshots others are posting any my batch config app are that my app does not show as many icons as options next to the camera. I don't know what OS everyone else is using - maybe a Windows or Linux app has more options than the mac? Works just fine with IVMS

gnuB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Batch Config tool is part of iVMS, or Ezviz Studio. You can also download it as a standalone tool from Hikvision's site. Same functions in all of them.

I confirm what David said: you can modify the volume in the video&audio settings, check attached screenshots.

View attachment 60610View attachment 60611
Well....it says you can modify the volume, whether it actually does is another story. I reached out to Nelly’s and they told me to try newer YS_NDB313-W_EN_NEU_5.2.4_191216 firmware. I did not see this version on the 101, have any of you tried it yet?

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't know what OS everyone else is using - maybe a Windows or Linux app has more options than the mac? Works just fine with IVMS

Using Windows Server 2016 here for my Wintel apps via RDP.

I have iVMS for Linux that I have used for testing and it works fine.

Try install a Windows Virtual box on your Mac.

or try to reinstall it on your Mac.

I did not see this version on the 101, have any of you tried it yet?

I'll give it a try. Where is the download link?

gnuB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't know what OS everyone else is using - maybe a Windows or Linux app has more options than the mac? Works just fine with IVMS

Using Windows Server 2016 here for my Wintel apps via RDP.

I have iVMS for Linux that I have used for testing and it works fine.

Try install a Windows Virtual box on your Mac.

or try to reinstall it on your Mac.

I did not see this version on the 101, have any of you tried it yet?

I'll give it a try. Where is the download link?
Box <- they emailed me link.

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had a 1st gen LaView doorbell and replaced it with an EZVIZ DB1after 2 year because it keeps disconnecting from the Guarding Vision app. I setup the Laview as a IP camera on my LTS HD-TVI DVR. Anyways, I was surprised that the 2nd gen does not have a web interface nor I can change the admin password. I tried adding it to my 5 yr old DVR and it's complaining that the 6 character password is risky. 2nd, it says parameters incorrect and won't display anything. After reading this thread, I downloaded the batch config tool and changed the resolution from 2048x1536 to 1280x960 since the max resolution supported by my DVR is 1080P. That worked but I'm wondering why they didn't have 1920x1080 on the drop down?
Maybe the Lens, the DB has a Fisheye Lens which is not standard viewing...