New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well....it says you can modify the volume, whether it actually does is another story. I reached out to Nelly’s and they told me to try newer YS_NDB313-W_EN_NEU_5.2.4_191216 firmware. I did not see this version on the 101, have any of you tried it yet?
So strange, I remember checking all new firmwares for all brands first of this year and this one was not posted. It has a Dec. 2019 date. Guess they held off.
Updating 101, thank you. If you have a Nelly's DB I would try it.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Box <- they emailed me link.
Added to 101, thank you again:

191216 (2019-12-16) This link is to Nelly's Site...

Glad they are keeping older firmware versions on their site:

1588157411592.png

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So strange, I remember checking all new firmwares for all brands first of this year and this one was not posted. It has a Dec. 2019 date. Guess they held off.
Updating 101, thank you. If you have a Nelly's DB I would try it.
I can't wait till someone finds a 5.2.7 variant of the firmware (any brand) when we do I'm switching to it to support my 256gb SD card.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I can't wait till someone finds a 5.2.7 variant of the firmware (any brand) when we do I'm switching to it to support my 256gb SD card.
I will keep my eye out. Going to check all the brands firmware to see if any more new versions came out.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well....it says you can modify the volume, whether it actually does is another story. I reached out to Nelly’s and they told me to try newer YS_NDB313-W_EN_NEU_5.2.4_191216 firmware. I did not see this version on the 101, have any of you tried it yet?
the observation made by the user was that he didn't see config options in his tool. I confirmed they are there. And Pete confirmed in the past that he lowered the volume using those.

gnuB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the observation made by the user was that he didn't see config options in his tool. I confirmed they are there. And Pete confirmed in the past that he lowered the volume using those.
I suppose it could just be a bug on my db but I have not been able to get the mic volume to adjust, even tried setting the two sliders to zero, didn’t change anything.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I suppose it could just be a bug on my db but I have not been able to get the mic volume to adjust, even tried setting the two sliders to zero, didn’t change anything.
I will test it. I don't know if @pete_c can share his experience on those two settings, and how he managed to lower the output volume.

What model and fw are you using?

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK this morning updating the firmware on my Nelly branded Doorbell to version posted above.

Gonna do this via WIndows 7 laptop versus DP to W2016 server.

1 - using Batch Configuration V.2.0.0.6 Build 20170901
2 - backed up configuration
3 - updated firmware to V191216 as posted above in link

No issues. Do not see much of a difference relating to options ghosted out in the Batch Configuration Program.

newfirmware.jpg

4 - Turn audio input and output settings to zero - states saved when saving.

5 - looking at logs. Nothing significant.

6 - rebooted device

7 - checked output volume when ringing doorbell.

The volume is lower but "ding" is still present.

8 - checked microphone input volume using VLC

No change in microphone volume.

Last edited:

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wondering if the HikVision firmware allows for volume adjustments.

It doesn't make sense that it saves the volume configurations with no errors then reads the configuration and shows it at zero volume.

It is lower but not off at a zero setting.

gnuB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I will test it. I don't know if @pete_c can share his experience on those two settings, and how he managed to lower the output volume.

What model and fw are you using?
V5.2.
OK this morning updating the firmware on my Nelly branded Doorbell to version posted above.

Gonna do this via WIndows 7 laptop versus DP to W2016 server.

1 - using Batch Configuration V.2.0.0.6 Build 20170901
2 - backed up configuration
3 - updated firmware to V191216 as posted above in link

No issues. Do not see much of a difference relating to options ghosted out in the Batch Configuration Program.

View attachment 60658

4 - Turn audio input and output settings to zero - states saved when saving.

5 - looking at logs. Nothing significant.

6 - rebooted device

7 - checked output volume when ringing doorbell.

The volume is lower but "ding" is still present.

8 - checked microphone input volume using VLC

No change in microphone volume.
I just installed new firmware and same results. Can you explain how you’re using VLC, not quite sure I follow what you are doing there.

gnuB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
⦁ RTSP Streaming for VLC (VideoLAN Media Player) Under Media/Open Network Stream (Ctrl+N)...Enter your RTSP Link/Info for Live Video Stream
Thanks, still trying to figure out how to get my db to work with Synology ONVIF (it shows thumbnail and alerts when PIR senses, I think it’s resolution issue). Trying to quash issues before moving to the next one.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, still trying to figure out how to get my db to work with Synology ONVIF (it shows thumbnail and alerts when PIR senses, I think it’s resolution issue). Trying to quash issues before moving to the next one.
A lot of us use VLC, it allows us to look at our stream from the DB. Good for testing...I sometimes have it running on my PC in a window just to monitor. Also, it was what I used to test 3 streams at once...

Diabolic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you having issues adding rhe camera to synology? I was able to add the camera to my synology as a onvif but another guy made a custom template to add it. Either appears to work fine. Let me know what issue you are having?

gnuB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you having issues adding rhe camera to synology? I was able to add the camera to my synology as a onvif but another guy made a custom template to add it. Either appears to work fine. Let me know what issue you are having?
I was able to add it as ONVIF. It shows connected, thumbnail, and sends alerts but when I try and view the feed it is just a grey screen. I read something about it possibly being a resolution setting but I have not been able to mess with that yet.

Diabolic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was able to add it as ONVIF. It shows connected, thumbnail, and sends alerts but when I try and view the feed it is just a grey screen. I read something about it possibly being a resolution setting but I have not been able to mess with that yet.
Try this, this is from KlaverBoer who posted it earlier. My issue is when I add it this way I constantly get disconnects. See if you have better luck, I might have messed part of this up.

You cannot add the Ezviz DB1 camera to your Synology using the normal way. But you must connect to your Synology using SSH.

1) First open a SSH connection to your Synology.
2) Create a new file for example : Ezviz-DB1.conf It should be placed in /var/packages/SurveillanceStation/target/device_pack/camera_support
3) Change the ownership of the file to the same user and group of the other conf files in my case that is SurveillanceStation:SurveillanceStation
4) Edit the Ezviz-DB1.conf file with sudo vi
5) Paste the following lines into the conf file:

[Ezviz*DB1]
api = custom
resolution_h264 = 2048x1536
default_resolution_h264 = 2048x1536
fps_h264_2048x1536 = 5,10,15,20,25,30
fps_h264_1280x720 = 5,10,15,20,25,30
default_fps_h264_2048x1536 = 15
default_image-quality = 5

h264 = rtsp
mpeg4 = rtsp
mjpeg = rtsp
motion = h264,mpeg4,mjpeg

motion_param = sensitivity,threshold
rtsp_keepalive = none
rtsp_protocol = auto,udp,tcp

6) Save and close the file

7) Now go to the Surveillance Station management page
8) Add a new camera. Complete Setup.
9)
Brand: Ezviz
Camera Model: DB1
Port: 554
Username: admin
Password: Activation code of your doorbell
10) Next
11) In the next screen (Video) i did not change anything
12) In the Recording settings. You can change what suits you
13) In the Schedule settings i only use Motion Detection. But Continuous also works fine.
14) Once the camera is added. Now you have to edit the camera
15) In Device Settings go to the Advanced tab
Transport protocol: udp
Streaming Information Source: Streaming
16) Every setting where you can choose the quality i have chosen High Quality.
17) It should work now

gnuB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try this, this is from KlaverBoer who posted it earlier. My issue is when I add it this way I constantly get disconnects. See if you have better luck, I might have messed part of this up.

You cannot add the Ezviz DB1 camera to your Synology using the normal way. But you must connect to your Synology using SSH.

1) First open a SSH connection to your Synology.
2) Create a new file for example : Ezviz-DB1.conf It should be placed in /var/packages/SurveillanceStation/target/device_pack/camera_support
3) Change the ownership of the file to the same user and group of the other conf files in my case that is SurveillanceStation:SurveillanceStation
4) Edit the Ezviz-DB1.conf file with sudo vi
5) Paste the following lines into the conf file:

[Ezviz*DB1]
api = custom
resolution_h264 = 2048x1536
default_resolution_h264 = 2048x1536
fps_h264_2048x1536 = 5,10,15,20,25,30
fps_h264_1280x720 = 5,10,15,20,25,30
default_fps_h264_2048x1536 = 15
default_image-quality = 5

h264 = rtsp
mpeg4 = rtsp
mjpeg = rtsp
motion = h264,mpeg4,mjpeg

motion_param = sensitivity,threshold
rtsp_keepalive = none
rtsp_protocol = auto,udp,tcp

6) Save and close the file

7) Now go to the Surveillance Station management page
8) Add a new camera. Complete Setup.
9)
Brand: Ezviz
Camera Model: DB1
Port: 554
Username: admin
Password: Activation code of your doorbell
10) Next
11) In the next screen (Video) i did not change anything
12) In the Recording settings. You can change what suits you
13) In the Schedule settings i only use Motion Detection. But Continuous also works fine.
14) Once the camera is added. Now you have to edit the camera
15) In Device Settings go to the Advanced tab
Transport protocol: udp
Streaming Information Source: Streaming
16) Every setting where you can choose the quality i have chosen High Quality.
17) It should work now
Awesome, thank you. I will try this and see if it works.