David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FUTURE for 201

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
neuro said:
Does anyone have a link to a comparison between all of these cameras? I've been trying to follow this thread, and have had my eyes set on Nelly's version, but wasn't sure why everyone is using other brands.
We do not have a full comparison but the 101 lays out some of the differences. It depends on what you are looking for. The EZVIZ supports Alexa and Google, the LaView only supports Alexa. Certain brands come with different covers. Here is a small chart...

1590839726398.png
1590839647866.png

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah found that but could do with knowing what pin goes where.

Edit, and whilst your here, i do not have a chime so when i put the power kit in i wire it in series, then i basically put the sage wires to the same connections, sage in parallel to the power kit?

Cheers
Normally the power kit is needed when you have a chime, it helps regulate the power between the DB and the chime. Without a chime most install the fuse...
Unless I am missing something here with the Sage...

If you have not already seen these links, maybe these will help you:

⦁ Sage Sensor - TechBill - alexdelprete - TechBill (Sage with SmartThings)

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
just this to sort then on to curl/soap maybe, would like to get the answer doorbell bit in the settings to work on a geofence

Are you writing about shutting off the answer doorbell bit by using curl / soap to trigger an on and off of the application running on your smart phone while concurrently doing Geofence?

Here utilize multiple hard wired sensors in home for occupation related automation events. (combo PIR/Microwave and 180 degree ceiling sensors).

The automobiles have long range RFID tags which trigger events while parked in garage or driveway. The tags do not drain the batteries in the automobiles.

I did this mostly because I shut off my phones while at home.

I do use GV to transfer all calls to the house phones plus the Panasonic phone system allows for two cellular phones to be connected via Bluetooth for voice and messaging.
Found out though that Google voice is not available outside of the US.
Yeah we have GV too. When we got rid of our landline we got an OBi200 and a free (local) phone number from Google Voice. Nice to have free VoIP phone. Since we have a Panasonic (Link2Cell) system, it was easy to connect. So for those who don't know how the Link2Cell works, you connect your cell phones to the system via Bluetooth and when you get a call on your Cell Phone, all the Panasonic phones ring, so you don't have to carry your Cell Phone throughout your house. Also you get Text announcements too, only the announcement, it does not read your text for you. We have our wireless handsets all over the house, yet we still miss calls, haha, old age I guess :), or call screening since the system announces names from your cell phone contacts (Or you can setup separate contacts on the system).
You do not have to have a system like ours but do need an analog phone to connect the OBi too.
Some people use it just to have a fax line. There is a 2 line version, OBi202

EDIT: I see they have a Bluetooth adapter to connect your Cell Phone: OBiBT

Last edited:

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes here still very legacy relating to phones. Had two copper lines and one VOIP line for many years. Went to Ooma and GV a few years back.

Wife has always liked the larger sized phones with the Panasonic 2-Line phone base. Have two set ups here which are now 3rd generation. One in the home office and one in the kitchen. Phone lines are configured legacy style going to a Leviton phone patch panel then going via CatXX to office and kitchen plus powered by the power supply in the Leviton can with UPS. Overdone considering I do not use it that much these days. Lately doing video calls with the Amazon Show with family and friends.

pannyphones.jpg

Tried the Siemans two line system on one set up and it was very low on the WAF. Using Way2Call boxes here (very legacy) which do a primary connection to the phone lines.

I have added one cell line to the home stuff using a combination cell modem (WAP, Firewall, phone line and internet connection with a battery). This is the failover ISP connection and failover over phone connection. (really not much used).

Going off topic now and I apologize for this....

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Normally the power kit is needed when you have a chime, it helps regulate the power between the DB and the chime. Without a chime most install the fuse...
Unless I am missing something here with the Sage...

If you have not already seen these links, maybe these will help you:

⦁ Sage Sensor - TechBill - alexdelprete - TechBill (Sage with SmartThings)
This has been discussed in the past: in my personal experience, the power kit is always needed, strange power related issues happened with or without the chime...the power kit stabilizes things. Without the power kit the SAGE didn't work in my case. I also installed the fuse. Rock solid with this setup. :)

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here using a mixture of old and new. Many many years ago installed an Elk 930 / 960 board. The Elk 930 board is a phone line ring / doorbell voltage sensor which triggers a hard wired alarm panel zone. The Elk 960 is a debounce board for those that continously press the doorbell button.

So a doorbell press and or motion detection here triggers a TTS announcement via Microsoft SAPI speech plus an Alexa Announcement (testing). Alexa Show 5 does a pop up of doorbell video when someone presses the doorbell along with the TTS. This is the same as the current touchscreen interfaces which run on Microsoft embedded Windows. Microsoft SAPI and one Alexa Dot is connected to the whole house audio system (Russound).

I have noticed though that the Ring Doorbell power requirments was much more flexible than the Hikvision Doorbell requirements. Only used the Ring Doorbell though for a couple of months. I didn't update the Doorbell chime power supply until I installed the Hikvision doorbell.

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This has been discussed in the past: in my personal experience, the power kit is always needed, strange power related issues happened with or without the chime...the power kit stabilizes things. Without the power kit the SAGE didn't work in my case. I also installed the fuse. Rock solid with this setup. :)
I wonder why they did not implement the power kit in the DB, since it seems to be a must.

andycots

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just this to sort then on to curl/soap maybe, would like to get the answer doorbell bit in the settings to work on a geofence

Are you writing about shutting off the answer doorbell bit by using curl / soap to trigger an on and off of the application running on your smart phone while concurrently doing Geofence?
Yes or if BI could do it via curl, that would be the ideal solution for me, BI geofence works well, i do have smartthings but only for the Sage db and Alexa, i don't know enough about it all myself and would't know were to start, i do curl my cams for day/night settings and that was a stretch.

Cheers

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I guess it would not have this nice slick appearance. Its one of the smallest, best looking doorbells around I think.
Also space and cost probably. This camera has an unbeatable price/performance ratio, IMHO. There are overpriced doorbells which force you to subscribe expensive cloud services. But obviously intended audience is not the hobbyst like us. Not everybody likes or knows how to do these things, it requires a little bit of IT and electronic knowledge. Not for "apple users" let's say. :)

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes or if BI could do it via curl, that would be the ideal solution for me, BI geofence works well, i do have smartthings but only for the Sage db and Alexa, i don't know enough about it all myself and would't know were to start, i do curl my cams for day/night settings and that was a stretch.

Ahh....thank you I was curious.

Very legacy here...using wired Optex combo cameras and Opex outdoor wired PIRs plus a Cartell wired driveway sensors wired Geophone sensors (which are too sensitive).

All of this stuff was integrated to the Leviton OmniPro 2 combo security automation system plus Homeseer in the late 1990's.

Currently testing a doorbell pop up with Kodi that uses Curl.

just2bad

n3wb
Reaction score
If you upgrade to another vendor's firmware, you should reset config, otherwise there are a number of small problems like the one you mentioned. WDR works perfectly.
Which I did after each firmware change even if I did the reset none of the firmware I tried were able to let me activate WDR on anything under CCD menu without have the config tool crashing and not saving the change

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Which I did after each firmware change even if I did the reset none of the firmware I tried were able to let me activate WDR on anything under CCD menu without have the config tool crashing and not saving the change
First time I read about this problem in this thread. The only thing other users complained about WDR was that it was grayed out, and that's because BLC was on, they're mutually exclusive options. Is it the only option that crashes your Batch Config?

Did you try from a different PC? Which Batch Config version? A crash could mean that after the WDR change and save, the camera responds with malformed data that is not managed by the app.

just2bad

n3wb
Reaction score
Batch Config Tool? Have you tried the iVMS-4200 software (I use the legacy version 2)? Also you may try EZVIZ PC Studio.
In the ivms-4200 soft the CCD menu is not there so no way to try to enable WDR and in EZVIZ studio I can see the cam no problem but there's no way to really configure it like with config tool or ivms-4200 unlees there is and I just missed it

Last edited:

just2bad

n3wb
Reaction score
First time I read about this problem in this thread. The only thing other users complained about WDR was that it was grayed out, and that's because BLC was on, they're mutually exclusive options. Is it the only option that crashes your Batch Config?

Did you try from a different PC? Which Batch Config version? A crash could mean that after the WDR change and save, the camera responds with malformed data that is not managed by the app.
I tried from my laptop and from my BI vm same thing it craches. I tried to play with WDR, BLC, exposure, white balance, DNR all make the client to close itself or stays open with this error:

2020-05-30 12_42_34-Window.png

version of sotware is 3.0.3.8, firmware tried are EZVIZ 191211/200220 and HIK 200321

just2bad

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried from my laptop and from my BI vm same thing it craches. I tried to play with WDR, BLC, exposure, white balance, DNR all make the client to close itself or stays open with this error:

View attachment 62763

version of sotware is 3.0.3.8, firmware tried are EZVIZ 191211/200220 and HIK 200321
Figure out the problem I downloaded version 3.0.2.6 version of config tool and now I was able to enable WDR under CCD menu. There's something in version 3.0.3.8 I guees that is not compatible with the DB1 doorbell

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

View attachment 62763

That error message confirms what I wrote in my previous post: the app receives incorrect data from the device. That's because the underlying data structure is messed up. I think you didn't really reset the camera, it can happen.

How do you reset the camera after the upgrade? What happens right after the reset?

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Figure out the problem I downloaded version 3.0.2.6 version of config tool and now I was able to enable WDR under CCD menu. There's something in version 3.0.3.8 I guees that is not compatible with the DB1 doorbell
Great. I didn't even know 3.0.3.8 existed. Probably data structure for newer models/cams has changed. Stick to 3.0.2.6. :)