New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well said. There is a reason this Thread has over 200 pages, I am still amazed at how many options this DB has. Just look at our 101. Been thinking of maybe splitting the 101 up, adding a 201. Maybe 101 for Install and basics and 201 for more advanced options. I reserved page 201 first msg. just in case we do and time permits.
I was thinking with @pete_c maybe it's better if we port the 101 to a .docx format on Google Docs. So we can edit it in collaboration and not have to edit the post everytime, we just put a link to the docx in the 101 post. In that way we could put in chapters, an index, a FAQ appendix, etc.

What do you think?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In the ivms-4200 soft the CCD menu is not there so no way to try to enable WDR and in EZVIZ studio I can see the cam no problem but there's no way to really configure it like with config tool or ivms-4200 unlees there is and I just missed it
The Batch Config Tool is part of the EZVIZ Studio, I believe in Advanced Menu. I know this too was a problem with some users not seeing the Advanced Menu.

The iMVS-4200 has a glitch with the CCD menu not showing up at times. We found if you hit Refresh, this will sometimes fix this issue.

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Amazing job. I will review it later. You seem to write manuals as a job, are you an engineer?

@David L take a look at this document. Fantastic guide, for Android 9. :)
Not a formal engineer but have spent some 40 years in packaging technology where it helps to note down what you are doing so there is a chance of repetition! Lost count of number of manuals / guides written!

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was thinking with @pete_c maybe it's better if we port the 101 to a .docx format on Google Docs. So we can edit it in collaboration and not have to edit the post everytime, we just put a link to the docx in the 101 post. In that way we could put in chapters, an index, a FAQ appendix, etc.

What do you think?
Like the idea of a more structured document as it has now increased in size / complexity. I know I had to read it several times to glean the required information, part of that due no doubt to my slow uptake!

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The sun you see is from the RCA ezviz doorbell that I sent back. The Amcrest AD110 in my other picture doesn’t have that issue. Also both DB’s cover the same area, apart from the RCA ezviz which covers more of the sky. As a result of the added sky coverage that is not needed, a lot of image quality is lost in comparison.
The AMcrest AD110 is also hooked up to my Blue iris, via Onvif as pictured from my TVView attachment 62787. .
The wedges included with your RCA would allow you to lower the view but you will still have the issue facing the sun. The sun will be an issue for me in our backyard upon my turret camera install. Plan on installing a cover guard...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got one, and I sent it Back.

I got the Amcrest AD110 pic attached, to replace it. The picture quality is so much clearer. Both were in the H

the RCA is deffo not 3k, if it is the quality gets lost in the huge fisheye lens that lets it down.

That would be the Reolink RLC422W wireless dome camera which is bolted in the centre bulkhead of my van, in between passenger and drivers seat. When parked on the drive at home it records to Blue iris, it also records to the micro sd card within the camera which is good for when I’m out driving.
It is powered by a second auxiliary leisure battery that is under the passenger seat, that also powers a mains inverter next to the camera. The battery is charged by a dual charging relay via the alternator.View attachment 62810View attachment 62811
Our DBs come with Standard Def, factory settings, when you change to Hi-Def you get 3MP view. Also 15 FPS is factory settings which can be changed to 30 FPS.

This is from a VLC feed:

1591013251638.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Attached please find how I set my app up - hopefully it makes sense - if not come back to me with queries / corrections etc.
Thank you for taking the time to help others....Very nice...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

What do you think?
I am all for it. The 101 grew Much Bigger than I expected. Haha, I just originally put together an Install guide and basic setup guide with a few trouble shooting tips from notes I kept. Having several of us editing the 101 would be a great idea. I still have a few more of your post to add plus a few more here, the PDF write-up from Dewcal and the Batch Config Tool version issue then you guys can take over. I will contribute if needed but I have no problem in turning over the 101 to you guys. As everyone can see in the 101, I am not a Technical Writer.

One thing I would like to add; I have kept every Firmware version to date we had available to us, it would be great if we could have those in a Dropbox or Google Drive, etc. for those who need them.

1591016342602.png

Ex.
1591016395890.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Figure out the problem I downloaded version 3.0.2.6 version of config tool and now I was able to enable WDR under CCD menu. There's something in version 3.0.3.8 I guees that is not compatible with the DB1 doorbell
Will add this info to 101, thank you...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think you are the one to thank for starting the 101 - it certainly helped me!
I got here around page 29, last year close to end of summer. By the end of last year we were answering so many of the same questions of new owners that we needed a Sticky, problem was the original person that started the Thread was not responding and we did not want to lose all the very valuable info collected so we decided to make the 101, think it was on page 69. The 101 is really a huge collection from all the Great people here and all their expertise and experiences. I was just a Note collector. I actually figured we would have our Sticky and be done with it at one point, though to this day we are still adding to it.
At one point we thought of adding it as a Wiki here but with so many changes I think we may have a better plan to edit it offsite and link to it as well as the Firmware files.

redturbo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got here around page 29, last year close to end of summer. By the end of last year we were answering so many of the same questions of new owners that we needed a Sticky, problem was the original person that started the Thread was not responding and we did not want to lose all the very valuable info collected so we decided to make the 101, think it was on page 69. The 101 is really a huge collection from all the Great people here and all their expertise and experiences. I was just a Note collector. I actually figured we would have our Sticky and be done with it at one point, though to this day we are still adding to it.
At one point we thought of adding it as a Wiki here but with so many changes I think we may have a better plan to edit it offsite and link to it as well as the Firmware files.
Cant a moderator somehow move the 101 as the first post here so its the first thing that pops up when someone opens the thread.

I will admit when I first got on here I saw people referencing the 101 but had no idea what that was or where to look until I saw it on a signature of someone's post

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Cant a moderator somehow move the 101 as the first post here so its the first thing that pops up when someone opens the thread.

I will admit when I first got on here I saw people referencing the 101 but had no idea what that was or where to look until I saw it on a signature of someone's post
Thanks, so Mike, Staff Member here has a link he added to the first post, not to change the original post. It is linked to page 69 and I put a link to page 101, where I moved the 101 hoping it was easier to remember page 101. Now we are looking at possibly moving the 101 off the Forum for easier Editing by some long time members here. It is taking a village to keep the 101 up to date now :) Everyone will still contribute and we will continue to include links to their post in the 101...

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes it is still the top DB out there in it's price range. Still has the most options available of any DB out there too. And the best video quality, even being a fish eyed camera. I would rank Nest the next in line in video quality, but we tried to zoom in on a Nest and was unable to read a package label like you can on our DB. The eufy is a good contender in video quality but it has almost zero options. Neither of these fit this Forum/Thread group of DIYers...

Not sure if anyone saw this new DB coming but it look like another 1080p DB. What is interesting is the AI claim, guess it is replacing PIR. Not a fan of battery DBs but they have their place.

if you watch the video, it explain that it a dual powered doorbell. It can be powered by either a battery or hardwire.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you watch the video, it explain that it a dual powered doorbell. It can be powered by either a battery or hardwire.
Which video, strange? I clicked on the one they had and it is a Halo ONE Video:
So if it can also be hardwired that is great...

1591032631933.png