New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you, hmmm, I know LaView sells a lot of Hikvision, did not know they sell Dahua too. Interesting...
The app in the video show a part where you setup your wifi information and passkey then aim the QR barcode to the camera len to send your wifi information to camera's firmware. That feature look and feel Dahua"ish" but I could be wrong and that Hikvision app have similar feature using QR code to set up wifi.

The current hikvision app which I use, it apply your wifi information with a built in device's wifi AP connect to your smartphone or tablet to send your wifi information into its' firmware.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The app in the video show a part where you setup your wifi information and passkey then aim the QR barcode to the camera len to send your wifi information to camera's firmware. That feature look and feel Dahua"ish" but I could be wrong and that Hikvision app have similar feature using QR code to set up wifi.

The current hikvision app which I use, it apply your wifi information with a built in device's wifi AP connect to your smartphone or tablet to send your wifi information into its' firmware.
I remember that EZVIZ (first time I set it up) works with the QR code for the initial setup. There's a QR sticker when you open the camera , behind the bell button IIRC, and also on the manual.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am all for it. The 101 grew Much Bigger than I expected. Haha, I just originally put together an Install guide and basic setup guide with a few trouble shooting tips from notes I kept. Having several of us editing the 101 would be a great idea. I still have a few more of your post to add plus a few more here, the PDF write-up from Dewcal and the Batch Config Tool version issue then you guys can take over. I will contribute if needed but I have no problem in turning over the 101 to you guys. As everyone can see in the 101, I am not a Technical Writer.

One thing I would like to add; I have kept every Firmware version to date we had available to us, it would be great if we could have those in a Dropbox or Google Drive, etc. for those who need them.
We can use Google Drive for everything, fw, utils, doc included. I have a Google One family subscription for 100GB. We can use it for this if you agree. :)

If you reach me on the telegram group we can discuss details. Did you see the post about it? :)

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I remember that EZVIZ (first time I set it up) works with the QR code for the initial setup. There's a QR sticker when you open the camera , behind the bell button IIRC, and also on the manual.
This is different.

On the Dahua app, you input your wifi information then it will generate a QR barcode where you aim it in front of your camera len. The firmware will detect your wifi information in the QR barcode and apply it to itself to link to your wifi then it beeps afterward that it made the connection to your wifi successfully etc.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is different.

On the Dahua app, you input your wifi information then it will generate a QR barcode where you aim it in front of your camera len. The firmware will detect your wifi information in the QR barcode and apply it to itself to link to your wifi then it beeps afterward that it made the connection to your wifi successfully etc.
The other way around, cool. :)

I'll watch the video, did you check the datasheet? What are the main differences with our DB1? Looks pretty good and solid...

brad_g

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is a very interesting question. If configured with an NVR or sw like my Synology Surveillance Station, the camera continuously sends the video stream and it also sends "PIR Alert" events in the stream, so the NVR/sw can record that information.

So I would say that it should work also without the SD card, since recording in some setups is done by the NVR/sw, so no need for SD card. But this is just an opinion based on how I would have designed it, not sure they decided to do something else.
I can confirm that ONVIF PIR motion events are sent without having an SD card inserted.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can confirm that ONVIF PIR motion events are sent without having an SD card inserted.
excellent. thanks for the info. I would say PIR events, without specifying ONVIF, because they are not related specifically to ONVIF, you have them also on firmware without ONVIF functionality, like the ezviz one.

@TechBill, we have confirmation of our hypothesis.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Back in stock on Amazon with the price dropped to 89.99 now

I noticed the RCA version dropped in price too:

Also when I was on LaView site I noticed they don't have our DB for sale anymore and it is not available on Amazon either.
Nor on Home Depot or Lowes, guess they are focusing on their new DB6, but check this out Zumimall, looks like the DB6 to me...
Point being, no more firmware updates from LaView on our DB, I am guessing...

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score

Also when I was on LaView site I noticed they don't have our DB for sale anymore and it is not available on Amazon either.
Nor on Home Depot or Lowes, guess they are focusing on their new DB6, but check this out Zumimall, looks like the DB6 to me...

When you posted the link on Zumimall DB, I followed a link to its' accessories for it and I spotted this tilt mount which is adjustable ... I wondering if the mounting hole on it matches the mounting holes on the DB1 plates ..

hrmmmmmmm

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When you posted the link on Zumimall DB, I followed a link to its' accessories for it and I spotted this tilt mount which is adjustable ... I wondering if the mounting hole on it matches the mounting holes on the DB1 plates ..

hrmmmmmmm

It would be great if it did, I like the adjustability.

1591200545177.png1591200603654.png

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

DB6 is a no-go for me. From their product FAQ:

1591226214599.png

brad_g

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
excellent. thanks for the info. I would say PIR events, without specifying ONVIF, because they are not related specifically to ONVIF, you have them also on firmware without ONVIF functionality, like the ezviz one.

@TechBill, we have confirmation of our hypothesis.
Actually, I can confirm that they are pull-point subscription ONVIF PIR events. I have wireshark captures from a conversation with a node-js app which first creates the pull-point subscription and then receives subsequent ONVIF PIR motion notification events. When asked to enumerate its properties, the doorbell (in my case, an EZViz DB-1 running HikVision FW) reports it also is capable of generating software motion events, although I have been having the same issue reported by others, which is that even though I have enabled software motion detection in the bulk HikVision app, the camera does not seem to generate those types of motion events. Have not had time to chase this down yet.

If I get a chance, I will upload a little bit more info based on what I have found.

doctoru30

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I ordered an EZVIZ DB1 doorbell from Amazon and I am waiting to receive it (it will take time because I live in Europe - RO).

Considering that in Romania there are no 16V CHIME, please recommend me a good one from Amazon.
What do you say about this model?
Newhouse Hardware CHM1 Door Bell Chime
Does it work well with EZVIZ DB1?

Another question I want to ask you is if I can power the dorrbell and chime from a toroidal transformer that I already have. 16V / 40VA
I attached pictures with him.

traf.JPGtraf2.JPG

Thank you very much for your help. I am new in this field.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,
I ordered an EZVIZ DB1 doorbell from Amazon and I am waiting to receive it (it will take time because I live in Europe - RO).

Considering that in Romania there are no 16V CHIME, please recommend me a good one from Amazon.

Another question I want to ask you is if I can power the dorrbell and chime from a toroidal transformer that I already have. 16V / 40VA

View attachment 63129View attachment 63130

All your specs look good, chime and trans., should work fine.

Here is a compatibility chart from our 101, you can search for each chime's specs to compare.

1591270714890.png

brad_g

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

There is no difference between a toroidal transformer and a typical iron plate transformer in this application. Yes, you can use that transformer.

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello,

This ring transformer will work but is not as safe as a bell transformer. Bell transformers can be shorted without catching fire, because they consist of wire with some resistance and therefor the current will be limited. Your ring transormer cannot be shortened. But than again if you install the fuse of the DB1 you. should be safe I guess.