New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

brad_g

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I guess to sum it up succinctly
1) I won't flash the RCA with Nellie firmware!
2) has anybody flashed RCA with ezviz firmware to get Google assistant support?
3) I'm curious about how people get this thing powered up just for testing as I don't want to do a full physical install and brick and have to take everything apart.
4) any really good reason to keep the ezviz with it's higher cost?
5) for onvif any reason to choose hikvision or laview firmware
#1 Good idea. Read the 101 for brick warnings.
#2 I can't answer this
#3 I screwed a doorbell transformer to a board, wired it up to a mains plug, put the fuse in line with the doorbell, and plugged the whole thing into a power strip that had an on-off switch so I could easily cycle power on the doorbell. Definitely was worth doing this on the bench before installing it in its permanent location. I also set up a separate wifi router so I could quickly connect the doorbell and my phone to the internet to configure it and then drop the wire internet connection from the wifi router so that I could see what happened without sending my video to China. Having a dedicated wifi router also allowed me to pin a specific IP address to the MAC address of the doorbell, so when I reset it and reconnected it to the router, it always had the same IP address.
#4 These doorbells all seem to be very very similar. The only difference seems to be the propensity of the RCAs to brick if you install certain FW. I only have the EZViz. But it seems to me that if the RCA is less expensive, and you read the 101 carefully and avoid the bricking FW, then you should be fine to return the EZViz.
#5 If it is confirmed that the RCAs are now shipping with ONVIF-capable firmware, and there is not something you specifically need from the other firmware that you can't get with the RCA, then I would stick with the FW that came with the camera. I don't use Google assistant, but there are portions of this thread that cover it extensively. You may find that you need a specific FW to run GA. A forum search will yield a lot of information on that.

JSnP

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey All

Have been lurking here for last couple of years. Have 3 RCA Doorbells (HSDB2). One I purchased 2 years ago and it has been running great. Just got , what I thought was an upgraded versions . I checked firmware and its running V5.2.4 Build 180703
RCA V5.2.4 180703 (2018-07-03) sounds like it is older than current RCA V5.2.4 190124 (2019-01-24)

Dasbooter

n3wb
Reaction score
RCA V5.2.4 180703 (2018-07-03) sounds like it is older than current RCA V5.2.4 190124 (2019-01-24)
Yes it is a little confusing why onvif would be supported in a older firmware although if I go way back in this thread I think somebody mentioned an older version of an rca doorbell had onvif support. Also saw Aocam mentioned way back in this thread with an unbranded doorbell from home hardware.

This thread is fountain of knowledge but I'm really seeking a safe path to flash an RCA HSDB2A Rona to I believe latest hikvision with onvif.

I've read the 101 warnings. Can somebody elaborate on the reset procedure that's warned against in the 101 versus the one being said should be done during flashing to a different "brand" firmware. I'm guessing hard versus soft reset?

I don't know if I'm missing it but is there comprehensive how to for flashing to a different firmware. I swear I remember reading something about flashing stepwise the ezviz firm ware to newest then going from there but now I can't find that<NVM this is further down the 101 to prevent the rca logo on the ezviz when flashing laview which sounds :lmao: I've def confused myself going backwards and forwards thru this thread and the 101.
I've soldered and flashed, flashed over WiFi, flashed with a sdcard before so I'm not completely stupid but I seen to have confused myself

Last edited:

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Personally I believe the hardware is identical. The smart apps are similar but different. Here unregistered my doorbell from the cloud apps and do not utilize them.

That is me. I am not tethered to any of my 5 cellular accounts or smart phones.

We are in the process of updating the FAQ post #101. All of what is currently posted there is a synopsis of Forum users posts and experiences summary.

brad_g

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes it is a little confusing why onvif would be supported in a older firmware although if I go way back in this thread I think somebody mentioned an older version of an rca doorbell had onvif support. Also saw Aocam mentioned way back in this thread with an unbranded doorbell from home hardware.
I saw this as well. I do not believe anyone has an archive file copy of the older RCA FW that was delivered on your doorbell. So be aware that if you flash your doorbell, you probably can never go back home, so to speak. You will be able to load the new RCA FW, but that won't have ONVIF. So that means you will have to run LaVIEW or HikVision FW if you want ONVIF.

This thread is fountain of knowledge but I'm really seeking a safe path to flash an RCA hs2dba from Rona to I believe latest hikvision with onvif.
Unfortunately I cannot help you. I have gone from EZViz to a newer version of EZVis, and I have run LaVIEW and HikVision, all on an original EZViz DB-1.

I've read the 101 warnings. Can somebody elaborate on the reset procedure that's warned against in the 101 versus the one being said should be done during flashing to a different "brand" firmware. I'm guessing hard versus soft reset?
I believe the 101 has an error with reference to the warning about doing the reset. Let me tell you what I found. I really needed ONVIF. Also, I was looking for the software motion alarms in addition to the PIR alarms. HikVision seemed like the way to go. But... I read about the reset warning. So I flashed from old EZViz to newer EZViz, and then to HikVision. I did not do any hard resets. There were several problems with this approach.
  • I found that using the HikVision Batch Configuration tool, when I went to make changes, the camera responded with some sort of strange warning that the variable failed to set properly or something like that. Changes made with the Batch tool did not "stick".
  • I could not register the doorbell with HikVision using the HikConnect app, and therefore, I could not set some things such as the doorbell type (a regular analog chime), change the video to HDR, and set the PIR sensitivity. All of these things needed to be set using the HikConnect app.

Then I saw some posts later that said you needed to do a reset after the FW change in order for the doorbell to work properly. So I went back to the newer EZViz FW, and after reflashing, I held down the hard reset button on the doorbell. All good. I removed the EZViz logo using the Batch tool, and then I unregistered the doorbell from the EZViz app. Then I flashed the HikVision FW. Once the flash was done I did a hard reset, connected the doorbell to my bench wifi network using the Batch tool, and then registered the doorbell with the HikConnect app. Once I had set the parameters the way I wanted them in HikConnect, I dropped the internet connection from my wifi network, and that is what I have been using.

As for the resets, you can do a hard reset with the button on the doorbell. The Batch tool has two resets in software. One appears to be a soft reset. It did NOT fix the batch tool configuration problem. There is another reset. If I remember correctly, it says something about restoring factory settings. From what I can tell, this does the same thing as holding down the button on the doorbell itself. So either of those methods seem to work.

One other note. I did try out several other versions of FW, LaView, for example. Everytime I went to a non-native FW, I always went back to EZViz first. For example, HikVision => EZViz => LaVIEW => EZViz => HikVision. I never went from HikVision directly to LaView, for example.

I don't know if I'm missing it but is there comprehensive how to for flashing to a different firmware. I swear I remember reading something about flashing stepwise the ezviz firm ware to newest then going from there but now I can't find that<NVM this is further down the 101 to prevent the rca logo on the ezviz when flashing laview which sounds :lmao:I've def confused myself going backwards and forwards thru this thread and the 101.
I've soldered and flashed, flashed over WiFi, flashed with a sdcard before so I'm not completely stupid but I seen to have confused myself
No, there is no definitive guide on flashing FW. That's because most of us only have one or two doorbells, so we know what we have done for our setup, but not for others. Also, I am hesitant to tell you exactly what to do for the RCA, because I know several people have bricked theirs. (Although there is reported to be a de-bricking process that works and involves leaving the doorbell unpowered for a long time. IDK). So you can do what I did, but it is a royal PITA - believe me. I started at the beginning of this thread with a notebook and started experimenting. Finally came up with a procedure that works for me. Unfortunately, I was not paying attention to how to do things if you start with an RCA, so I can't say for sure what will work for you.

There is some strange stuff out there. For example, at one point I was back at the EZViz FW, then flashed LaVIEW without remembering to turn off the EZViz logo. After the hard reset the camera had an !RCA! logo burned in to the screen. Talk about strange. Anyway, I am happy to answer any questions you may have, but since I did not start with the RCA, maybe someone else who has traveled that specific road can help you.

brad_g

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We are in the process of updating the FAQ post #101.
Hi Pete,

As you will see in my note above, I believe the warning about not doing a hard reset in the 101 is wrong. It sure threw me for a loop for a while since I was unable to get the batch config tool to work properly because I was trying to follow the 101. Burned several hours before I saw your post about doing the reset and describing the same flaky behavior if you don't. So if you are revising the 101, please fix this error.

Thanks

Dasbooter

n3wb
Reaction score
Personally I believe the hardware is identical. The smart apps are similar but different. Here unregistered my doorbell from the cloud apps and do not utilize them.

We are in the process of updating the FAQ post #101. All of what is currently posted there is a synopsis of Forum users posts and experiences summary.
I plan to use it with home assistant. The motion eye add-on at first. I believe in the 101 you are mentioned as giving tips on HA. I'm thinking perhaps to use onvifmqtt although there maybe other ways to trigger in HA. Then the cast service to send video and TTS for announcements might be a good start. The microphone seems like a big challenge if your not going to utilize an app.

It's still all predicated on safely flashing to onvif capable firm ware (I thought the hikvision cuz it was latest of the variety)

I appreciate all the combination/collection of knowledge here. As I unbox things and start using software it will probably fall more into place but I appreciate all the work u guys are doing to make things more organized

brad_g

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I plan to use it with home assistant. The motion eye add-on at first. I believe in the 101 you are mentioned as giving tips on HA. I'm thinking perhaps to use onvifmqtt although there maybe other ways to trigger in HA. Then the cast service to send video and TTS for announcements might be a good start. The microphone seems like a big challenge if your not going to utilize an app.

It's still all predicated on safely flashing to onvif capable firm ware (I thought the hikvision cuz it was latest of the variety)

I appreciate all the combination/collection of knowledge here. As I unbox things and start using software it will probably fall more into place but I appreciate all the work u guys are doing to make things more organized
The ONVIF2MQTT utility works really well. It is a great thing. And if you are a little bit fluent in Linux you don't have to run a separate docker machine - it is just a node js app that you can run as a service. Let me know if you need any help with that.

As for the FW upgrade, you already have ONVIF. And if you want to verify that, you can quickly run the ONVIF2MQTT utility and you will know in a few minutes. So...

Why are you wanting to upgrade your FW? You can certainly do it, but why make things more complicated? In my case, the EZViz was available at the time on Amazon for $89, and the HikVision was $149. So it was definitely worth it to buy a non-ONVIF camera and mess with the FW. But in your case, maybe you don't have to go through that?

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here is what I am running in Docker today on my mini combo computer (BT3 Beelink computer).

I am having issues with appdaemon for whatever reasons it keeps restarting.

Code:
~#docker ps
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                          COMMAND                  CREATED             STATUS                  PORTS                    NAMES
771fc6fdcd9f        acockburn/appdaemon:latest     "./dockerStart.sh"       7 days ago          Up Less than a second   0.0.0.0:5050->5050/tcp   appdaemon
4b986ea7e23a        homeassistant/home-assistant   "/init"                  2 weeks ago         Up 7 hours                                       home-assistant
d6e6891aaa75        dfarkov/onvif2mqtt             "docker-entrypoint.s…"   2 months ago        Up 3 days                                        onvif2mqtt
8c7d3ee95182        omnilink-bridge                "mono OmniLinkBridge…"   7 months ago        Up 3 days                                        omnilink-bridge
Got appdaemon running but still having issues:

Code:
~# docker ps
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                          COMMAND                  CREATED             STATUS              PORTS                    NAMES
2e2d1624611e        acockburn/appdaemon:latest     "./dockerStart.sh"       2 hours ago         Up 48 minutes       0.0.0.0:5050->5050/tcp   appdaemon
4b986ea7e23a        homeassistant/home-assistant   "/init"                  2 weeks ago         Up 10 hours                                  home-assistant
d6e6891aaa75        dfarkov/onvif2mqtt             "docker-entrypoint.s…"   2 months ago        Up 3 days                                    onvif2mqtt
8c7d3ee95182        omnilink-bridge                "mono OmniLinkBridge…"   7 months ago        Up 3 days
Code:
2020-06-07 19:57:40.197948 INFO AppDaemon: SIGTERM Recieved
2020-06-07 19:57:40.198657 INFO AppDaemon: AppDaemon is shutting down
2020-06-07 19:57:53.672741 INFO AppDaemon: AppDaemon Version 4.0.3 starting
2020-06-07 19:57:53.673228 INFO AppDaemon: Python version is 3.8.2
2020-06-07 19:57:53.673590 INFO AppDaemon: Configuration read from: /conf/appdaemon.yaml
2020-06-07 19:57:53.673954 INFO AppDaemon: Added log: AppDaemon
2020-06-07 19:57:53.674334 INFO AppDaemon: Added log: Error
2020-06-07 19:57:53.674741 INFO AppDaemon: Added log: Access
2020-06-07 19:57:53.675133 INFO AppDaemon: Added log: Diag
2020-06-07 19:57:53.708956 INFO AppDaemon: Loading Plugin HASS using class HassPlugin from module hassplugin
2020-06-07 19:57:53.731054 INFO HASS: HASS Plugin Initializing
2020-06-07 19:57:53.731479 INFO HASS: HASS Plugin initialization complete
2020-06-07 19:57:53.732551 INFO AppDaemon: Initializing HTTP
2020-06-07 19:57:53.733500 INFO AppDaemon: Using 'ws' for event stream
2020-06-07 19:57:53.761429 INFO AppDaemon: Starting API
2020-06-07 19:57:53.770288 INFO AppDaemon: Admin Interface is disabled
2020-06-07 19:57:53.770905 INFO AppDaemon: Dashboards Disabled

Last edited:

Dasbooter

n3wb
Reaction score
As for the FW upgrade, you already have ONVIF. And if you want to verify that, you can quickly run the ONVIF2MQTT utility and you will know in a few minutes. So...

Why are you wanting to upgrade your FW? You can certainly do it, but why make things more complicated? In my case, the EZViz was available at the time on Amazon for $89, and the HikVision was $149. So it was definitely worth it to buy a non-ONVIF camera and mess with the FW. But in your case, maybe you don't have to go through that?
Your right. I need to get the camera up and running. I'm unsure if I will have the same firmware as @Aocam I am just really skeptical about the firmware supporting onvif. If it does is there a way to pull it for posterity? I read some posts discussing but I think u need a Ethernet connection. Reading through things has saved me when others have pentulately bricked.

I'll see if I can get this rolling when I get a day off. Also I really like docker even tho I've been messing with Linux since edgy eft and feisty fawn Ubuntu distros

RCA was 105$ , ezviz was 139$ both are on sale. Ring is hahahahaha 209 for latest. The numbers tell the story

Last edited:

gjortz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I just wanted to report my experience installing the Nelly DB in a home with two existing chimes. I can't thank David L enough for his support during this endeavor. First, I upgraded the transformer to this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Thermostat-Doorbell-Transformer-Compatible-Honeywell/dp/B07L9X9V57/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=16v+24v+40va&qid=1590751931&sr=8-2

Then, I asked Nellys to send me a 2nd doorbell kit. Once I had the doorbell kit installed on each chime as per the directions for one chime, the whole enterprise worked just fine. No deviation from the provided instructions for wiring the DB kit to the chime was necessary. I followed the same instruction for both chimes.

I hope this helps someone in the future.

g

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So then does the RCA firmware have onvif?! Is that confirmed in the screenshots!?

I recently purchased an ezviz db1 for $139 Canadian and when I saw Aocams (thanks @Aocam ) post went down to Rona and bought the RCA on clearance for 105$. So now I'm debating which device to keep after reading thru the thread in part (it's huge of of course).

I'm running home assistant and the motion add-on. I think my minimum requirement is an rtsp stream for that. To get the camera to generate motion events itself I believe I need onvif support? Is that correct? Ezviz is the only one supporting Google assistant support but has no onvif ?

I guess to sum it up succinctly
1) I won't flash the RCA with Nellie firmware!
2) has anybody flashed RCA with ezviz firmware to get Google assistant support?
3) I'm curious about how people get this thing powered up just for testing as I don't want to do a full physical install and brick and have to take everything apart.
4) any really good reason to keep the ezviz with it's higher cost?
5) for onvif any reason to choose hikvision or laview firmware

Thanks for taking a crack at any of these

PS I thought for home assistant users with Google home the Cast service might be a useful with Google nest hubs
Sorry for late reply, with working all weekend and last night our AC stopped working, woke up 80 degrees, got to 85 before our AC guy came out at 4pm to find burnt wire, so stayed away from my hot computer room today :)

I see Brad did a great job in answering most all your questions.

So not so good news on question 2, what we have found, with RCA users trying this here, Google Assistant only works natively on the EZVIZ DBs. RCA users tried EZVIZ firmware (no Google or Alexa Skills) worked, also tried LaView FW (no Alexa Skills) worked. I also tried EZVIZ FW on my LaView, no go on the Google Assistant (Alexa Skills works). Our thought is since EZVIZ is paying for these services and they must keep a database of the serial#s of their DB units they verify. So in away it is a hardware issue. You could always try the EZVIZ firmware (BUT you would give up your older FW with ONVIF and not be able to get it back), not advisable.

Unfortunately we do not have a copy of your version of FW.

My guess is that you got one of the first Firmwares from RCA before they butchered up and removed ONVIF and other options. Which does not make sense why they do not include ONVIF, not like they have NVRs for sale. My only guess is to maybe cut down on their Technical Support calls, wonder how many people have called LaView with their Synology, Non-LaView NVR questions...Just found out recently LaView no longer sell/carry the ONE Halo.

Our perfect DB would be to have ONVIF, Google and Alexa all in one FW. Hasn't happen yet...

Hope this helps a bit...

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your right. I need to get the camera up and running. I'm unsure if I will have the same firmware as @Aocam I am just really skeptical about the firmware supporting onvif. If it does is there a way to pull it for posterity? I read some posts discussing but I think u need a Ethernet connection. Reading through things has saved me when others have pentulately bricked.

I'll see if I can get this rolling when I get a day off. Also I really like docker even tho I've been messing with Linux since edgy eft and feisty fawn Ubuntu distros

RCA was 105$ , ezviz was 139$ both are on sale. Ring is hahahahaha 209 for latest. The numbers tell the story
So this was posted last week:
New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera EZVIZ was $89

Now it is listed on Amazon at $119 USED, like New WHAT??? :), so is EZVIZ also discontinuing this DB like LaView did?

1591661133586.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

This thread is fountain of knowledge but I'm really seeking a safe path to flash an RCA HSDB2A Rona to I believe latest hikvision with onvif.

I don't know if I'm missing it but is there comprehensive how to for flashing to a different firmware. I swear I remember reading something about flashing stepwise the ezviz firm ware to newest then going from there but now I can't find that<NVM this is further down the 101 to prevent the rca logo on the ezviz when flashing laview which sounds :lmao: I've def confused myself going backwards and forwards thru this thread and the 101.
So some of the early ONVIF post mentioned here were of the first Gen of Hik DB. I remember first reading that too and was sold on the DB until I went to RCA's site and no mention of ONVIF. When I went to LaView's site and talked to their Tech. department they promised they were going to turn on that feature in a future FW, which they did, my first post here :) Right when I got the Update notice I posted and the ONVIF revolution started from there :)

Please forgive us on the 101, I had a period where I was not able to keep it current so we are presently working on do so.

Yes our advise is to update any firmware to the latest version first before upgrading to another FW. With this DB, flashing (upgrading) is done thru WiFi via Hik software, when changing to another rebrands FW. You can update your existing FW via the mobile App. BUT in your case you would lose ONVIF.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Yes Pete, thank you for all your help.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I saw this as well. I do not believe anyone has an archive file copy of the older RCA FW that was delivered on your doorbell. So be aware that if you flash your doorbell, you probably can never go back home, so to speak. You will be able to load the new RCA FW, but that won't have ONVIF. So that means you will have to run LaVIEW or HikVision FW if you want ONVIF.

Unfortunately I cannot help you. I have gone from EZViz to a newer version of EZVis, and I have run LaVIEW and HikVision, all on an original EZViz DB-1.

I believe the 101 has an error with reference to the warning about doing the reset. Let me tell you what I found. I really needed ONVIF. Also, I was looking for the software motion alarms in addition to the PIR alarms. HikVision seemed like the way to go. But... I read about the reset warning. So I flashed from old EZViz to newer EZViz, and then to HikVision. I did not do any hard resets. There were several problems with this approach.
  • I found that using the HikVision Batch Configuration tool, when I went to make changes, the camera responded with some sort of strange warning that the variable failed to set properly or something like that. Changes made with the Batch tool did not "stick".
  • I could not register the doorbell with HikVision using the HikConnect app, and therefore, I could not set some things such as the doorbell type (a regular analog chime), change the video to HDR, and set the PIR sensitivity. All of these things needed to be set using the HikConnect app.

Then I saw some posts later that said you needed to do a reset after the FW change in order for the doorbell to work properly. So I went back to the newer EZViz FW, and after reflashing, I held down the hard reset button on the doorbell. All good. I removed the EZViz logo using the Batch tool, and then I unregistered the doorbell from the EZViz app. Then I flashed the HikVision FW. Once the flash was done I did a hard reset, connected the doorbell to my bench wifi network using the Batch tool, and then registered the doorbell with the HikConnect app. Once I had set the parameters the way I wanted them in HikConnect, I dropped the internet connection from my wifi network, and that is what I have been using.

As for the resets, you can do a hard reset with the button on the doorbell. The Batch tool has two resets in software. One appears to be a soft reset. It did NOT fix the batch tool configuration problem. There is another reset. If I remember correctly, it says something about restoring factory settings. From what I can tell, this does the same thing as holding down the button on the doorbell itself. So either of those methods seem to work.

One other note. I did try out several other versions of FW, LaView, for example. Everytime I went to a non-native FW, I always went back to EZViz first. For example, HikVision => EZViz => LaVIEW => EZViz => HikVision. I never went from HikVision directly to LaView, for example.

No, there is no definitive guide on flashing FW. That's because most of us only have one or two doorbells, so we know what we have done for our setup, but not for others. Also, I am hesitant to tell you exactly what to do for the RCA, because I know several people have bricked theirs. (Although there is reported to be a de-bricking process that works and involves leaving the doorbell unpowered for a long time. IDK). So you can do what I did, but it is a royal PITA - believe me. I started at the beginning of this thread with a notebook and started experimenting. Finally came up with a procedure that works for me. Unfortunately, I was not paying attention to how to do things if you start with an RCA, so I can't say for sure what will work for you.

There is some strange stuff out there. For example, at one point I was back at the EZViz FW, then flashed LaVIEW without remembering to turn off the EZViz logo. After the hard reset the camera had an !RCA! logo burned in to the screen. Talk about strange. Anyway, I am happy to answer any questions you may have, but since I did not start with the RCA, maybe someone else who has traveled that specific road can help you.
Very well said. Yes our 101 is errored now, at the time it was what we knew with the FWs then, mainly last year. As you know, we are working on updating it, we were just not wanting to remove anything yet as to reference back to those previous issues.
Thank you for sharing all your experiences and knowledge...I will save this message so we can use it to update...Oh and your previous messages too...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, I just wanted to report my experience installing the Nelly DB in a home with two existing chimes. I can't thank David L enough for his support during this endeavor. First, I upgraded the transformer to this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Thermostat-Doorbell-Transformer-Compatible-Honeywell/dp/B07L9X9V57/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=16v+24v+40va&qid=1590751931&sr=8-2

Then, I asked Nellys to send me a 2nd doorbell kit. Once I had the doorbell kit installed on each chime as per the directions for one chime, the whole enterprise worked just fine. No deviation from the provided instructions for wiring the DB kit to the chime was necessary. I followed the same instruction for both chimes.

I hope this helps someone in the future.

g
I want to add that gjortz has his two Chimes wired in parallel instead of series as I previously suggested. Also he used two power kits, one on each Chime.

Need to include this in the 101 for any future 2CHIME Owners, Touche :) Haha, I like saying Two-Chime haha, think the heat got to me today :)

brad_g

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So this was posted last week:
New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera EZVIZ was $89

Now it is listed on Amazon at $119 USED, like New WHAT??? :), so is EZVIZ also discontinuing this DB like LaView did?

This seems to be a very dynamic situation. I just looked for a friend yesterday and I found new ones listed but at $119, not $89.

brad_g

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I want to add that gjortz has his two Chimes wired in parallel instead of series as I previously suggested. Also he used two power kits, one on each Chime.

Need to include this in the 101 for any future 2CHIME Owners, Touche :) Haha, I like saying Two-Chime haha, think the heat got to me today :)
Two-chime - I like it!
Wiring the chimes in parallel makes a lot of sense. If you wire the bells in series, you are feeding one-half of the voltage to each chime, so probably not a best practice. Also, wiring the chimes in series means that the voltage drop across the two chimes, feeding the doorbell will be 2x that of having only one chime.

Wiring the chimes in parallel means that the voltage drop across the two chimes will be one-half 'x', providing more zap to the doorbell. The doorbell will like this if you are in a marginal situation voltage-wise at the doorbell because of wire length. (Note - this is NOT the same as the transformer being too weak to run the bell. That is a current limit issue, not a voltage issue).