New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

hawkeye217

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've checked this thread, but has anyone figured out how to turn on/off the LEDs on the button yet via ONVIF, Hikvision's API, or some code other than through the switch in the app?

DoorBellDummy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We are just assuming you have a standard trans. You will need to find it to verify what size it is. I would leave as is, the power kit is needed when connected to a Chime, regardless of what type of transformer one has.
Here is another issue that pops up with the standard trans., you may experience random reboots, WiFi disconnects, loss of RTSP streaming. Not to say any of this will happen to you but just be aware if you have these issues, more than likely it is because the Doorbell is under powered.
Have you tried another App, to check Mech. Chime option? EZVIZ App sucks now that they took that option away after install. They also defaulted Mic On when receiving a Button Press Call.
The DB1 has been running 2 days with no issue. I had it streamed live for 2 days on the Qnap nas. It did say it dropped off a second here and there but nothing noticeable when live stream. Today I started messing the video bitrate/fps with batch config and also moved the DB1 over to Synology nas. Not sure if this is coincidence or the VA transformer issue is showing after 2 days? I hope thats not the case and hope it’s my weak 2.4ghz as I plan to upgrade the router. At the moment the video sometimes pauses for up to 10 seconds. The fps fluctuates between 0 to 20+. My other wifi indoor camera is at a steady 25 fps on 2.4 ghz. Very strange.

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The DB1 has been running 2 days with no issue. I had it streamed live for 2 days on the Qnap nas. It did say it dropped off a second here and there but nothing noticeable when live stream. Today I started messing the video bitrate/fps with batch config and also moved the DB1 over to Synology nas. Not sure if this is coincidence or the VA transformer issue is showing after 2 days? I hope thats not the case and hope it’s my weak 2.4ghz as I plan to upgrade the router. At the moment the video sometimes pauses for up to 10 seconds. The fps fluctuates between 0 to 20+. My other wifi indoor camera is at a steady 25 fps on 2.4 ghz. Very strange.
I think it is time to track down your trafo and read the voltage and VA numbers, so you and we don’t have to guess anymore.

tommyd75

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you trying to connect from outside your network via VPN or without?
Both.
When I connect via the VPN or on Wi-Fi from within the house it works fine.
But when I disconnect from Wi-Fi or VPN and just connect via my phones LTE I get a couple of scones of live video then it freezes.
I had tried opening the ports like the 101 says bait that didn’t help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
UPDATE

@alexdelprete

Removed the DB from my account using the Ezviz app -- upon setup it DID ask what type of Chime, thus selected Mechanical -- but that did not fix it. Still, not ringing the chime. The app DOES show the Chime setting now, and it is set to Mechanical (it allowed me to choose during setup)

I did a complete factory reset (hold button for 15 seconds, etc). Then I created Laview account (did have one before - just had Ezviz/Hik acct) added the DB back and the app sees it. BUT, indoor chime is still not working.

AND... NOW I cannot add the doorbell to the Ezviz, Guarding Vision, or Hik iVMS-4500 apps !? No matter if I try the serial # or the LAN IP! Ezviz app tries and says (owned by acct <provides my acct name) and the Guarding Vision does the same but has a button for Ask to share... which I did, but not seeing anything happen. Any ideas here?

btw, do you know if there is anything we can really do (like hidden pages/features) with www.hik-connect.com ? Not sure why that page exists when it doesnt seem to give us any real control?
1. Chime not working: if you're sure it is enabled in the app, problems could be the power supply or how you connected everything. Did you use the power-kit?
2. Can't add camera to ezviz/etc.: what account are you using when you try to add the camera to ezviz/GV/HC apps? the old account or the new account? if it's the new, it won't work, because the camera is bound to the old account.

Last edited:

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've checked this thread, but has anyone figured out how to turn on/off the LEDs on the button yet via ONVIF, Hikvision's API, or some code other than through the switch in the app?
You can't turn the light on/off through the app with GV or HC apps, if I recall correctly. With ezviz app I can't remember.

UPDATE: my apologies, You can, actually. with GV and Hik-Connect, the option is called "Indicator". with ezviz it's called "Status Light".

Last edited:

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
And your indoor camera sits next to the db1? Put the DB1 at 5 mt from your wifi router with no obstacles and check if it drops fps. My doorbell is at 90feet from my mesh repeater, on the external gate of the house, fixed on a wall, and the stream is perfect because the signal is very good. Fix your wifi before complaining about the camera. If you have doubts, put the db1 very close to the router and do your tests so you're convinced. Plenty of users here that tested this camera, no important issues regarding wifi. It works. :)

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Both.
When I connect via the VPN or on Wi-Fi from within the house it works fine.
But when I disconnect from Wi-Fi or VPN and just connect via my phones LTE I get a couple of scones of live video then it freezes.
I had tried opening the ports like the 101 says bait that didn’t help.
The ports in the 101 have been identified by a user who sniffed the traffic on the LAN, they should be accurate (note: the user didn't specify for each port if it's TCP or UDP). If you see some frames and then it freezes, it's the firewall that is blocking something. Debug it using the firewall tools and check, filtering logs with the ip of the camera, what traffic is being allowed/blocked.

Personally, I would NEVER expose the camera to the internet in that way, just use VPN. I don't think these cameras are so secure to be exposed directly on the internet.

Last edited:

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The Laview version of the app allows the LED ring around the button to be turned on and off...
Yes, my bad. I edited my reply. You can, actually. with GV and Hik-Connect, the option is called "Indicator". with ezviz it's called "Status Light".

I checked with ONVIF Device Manager, I don't see in the exported interfaces/menus any way to do it via ONVIF. You can with other video parameters (WDR, BLC, etc.)

1594597231499.png

hawkeye217

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, my bad. I edited my reply. You can, actually. with GV and Hik-Connect, the option is called "Indicator". with ezviz it's called "Status Light".

I checked with ONVIF Device Manager, I don't see in the exported interfaces/menus any way to do it via ONVIF. You can with other video parameters (WDR, BLC, etc.)

View attachment 66279
Yeah :( I had contacted Laview about it last year and was hoping that maybe with a firmware update there'd be a way to control it. It's just quite bright and I'd love to use some code to turn it on and off rather than leave it on all the time or manually control it through the app.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah :( I had contacted Laview about it last year and was hoping that maybe with a firmware update there'd be a way to control it. It's just quite bright and I'd love to use some code to turn it on and off rather than leave it on all the time or manually control it through the app.
Some semi-transparent tape on the borders of the button? :)

hawkeye217

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Some semi-transparent tape on the borders of the button? :)
Ha :)

The ideal use case for me would be to turn on and off the LEDs when motion was detected by the PIR, making it more obvious that the PIR was not actually the ring button. Most of my visitors have figured it out by now, though...

LTek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1. Chime not working: if you're sure it is enabled in the app, problems could be the power supply or how you connected everything. Did you use the power-kit?
2. Can't add camera to ezviz/etc.: what account are you using when you try to add the camera to ezviz/GV/HC apps? the old account or the new account? if it's the new, it won't work, because the camera is bound to the old account.
1. Yes, Powerkit is installed. I can tell because the chime buzzes without it.
2. Maybe. It looks like when I used the LaView app, it created a new account for me. Do you know if I can use my old account in the LaView app? I liked the Ezviz app but the Laview app looks really similar. What differences do you see?

tommyd75

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The ports in the 101 have been identified by a user who sniffed the traffic on the LAN, they should be accurate (note: the user didn't specify for each port if it's TCP or UDP). If you see some frames and then it freezes, it's the firewall that is blocking something. Debug it using the firewall tools and check, filtering logs with the ip of the camera, what traffic is being allowed/blocked.

Personally, I would NEVER expose the camera to the internet in that way, just use VPN. I don't think these cameras are so secure to be exposed directly on the internet.
Thanks I’ll just keep using it on VPN.
I agree about exposing it, my Ubiquity Gateway must be blocking something else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DoorBellDummy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And your indoor camera sits next to the db1? Put the DB1 at 5 mt from your wifi router with no obstacles and check if it drops fps. My doorbell is at 90feet from my mesh repeater, on the external gate of the house, fixed on a wall, and the stream is perfect because the signal is very good. Fix your wifi before complaining about the camera. If you have doubts, put the db1 very close to the router and do your tests so you're convinced. Plenty of users here that tested this camera, no important issues regarding wifi. It works. :)
I reset the DB1 and now wifi is fine. Weird.

DoorBellDummy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not I noticed the "door bell" doesn't have ring sound outside when I press the button. Hmmmm that's a new one as the app has it enabled. Must be related to the "reset". More investigation. :)