New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

Jayal

n3wb
Reaction score
Just tried all of my 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks, same result.

Are you able to enter the DB by browser? Because the message I get is weird:

Access Error: 404 -- Not Found
Can't locate document: /doc/page/login.asp

Im not sure there is possible to manage the Doorcam thru web interface?

I suspect wifi incompatibility causes your problem (as in my case)...

After the first setup the Wifi on my Doorcam setup it chooses to use WPA1 (and not WPA2) at least in the BCT settings for the Doorcam.
(And according to my Wifi settings only WPA2 is allowed).

I will temporarily change my wifi to allow WPA1 security and test. Please do too if you got time :)

/ J

evanfrank

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all:

Apologies in advance as the answer is probably out there somewhere but I read the 101 and can't find it. I just got the EZVIZ DB1 installed, it is working great with the EZVIZ Android app. I'm on V5.2.4 build 200904. Video and audio look great, mechanical chime is ringing when DB button is depressed, both live and recorded video played back from the EZVIZ cloud look great.

I've got the camera connected in Blue Iris v4. Problem is BI only shows 1 frame every 4-5 seconds, even though the video is fantastic in the EZVIZ app.

Attached are the settings in BI v4. I'm not seeing any ONVIF options. Could the issue be bc it's BI v4 and not v5? Will it not work in BI v4?

Many thanks for the help!

BI 4 EZviz DB1.PNG

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all:

Apologies in advance as the answer is probably out there somewhere but I read the 101 and can't find it. I just got the EZVIZ DB1 installed, it is working great with the EZVIZ Android app. I'm on V5.2.4 build 200904. Video and audio look great, mechanical chime is ringing when DB button is depressed, both live and recorded video played back from the EZVIZ cloud look great.

I've got the camera connected in Blue Iris v4. Problem is BI only shows 1 frame every 4-5 seconds, even though the video is fantastic in the EZVIZ app.

Attached are the settings in BI v4. I'm not seeing any ONVIF options. Could the issue be bc it's BI v4 and not v5? Will it not work in BI v4?

Many thanks for the help!

View attachment 84924
Look un BI Settings/Cameras

1616157014235.png

I am not familiar with BI version 4 so forgive me, I came in late to this game so I am pretty much still a Novice with BI. Question, are you recording in Blue Iris? When you Inspect do you get anything like this which confirms ONVIF?

1616154241004.png

These are my BI v5 settings but maybe they can help you (I know this is probably more info than you need but just figured I would share):
I have two feeds, one 24/7 and the other Motion, so below I included only my motion settings (If you need 24/7 settings let me know):
Oh yeah, since I have a nVidia Graphics card I took advantage of this in BI, not sure if version 4 has this.
1616155355711.png

1616154330097.png1616154394146.png

If you want to change from 15 FPS (Frames per Second) (Default) to 30 FPS video you will need to change to FULLFRAME in Batch Config. Tool.:
Two things to keep in mind, I would make sure you have a good WiFi signal and be aware this will require more bandwidth/storage space if recording...(I have been running 30 FPS for almost 2 years now, no problem...
1616154574553.png

More BI 5 screen Caps for you:

1616155120739.png1616155176340.png
1616155271493.png1616155630551.png

Last edited:

tidalev

n3wb
Reaction score
Any Vera automation users out there? It looks like Vera has finally released (after talking about it for years) a doorbell in their product line - VistaCam 1200 doorbell. And it appears to be the same hardware as RCA HSDB2A / EzViz DB1 / LaView / etc. being discussed here.

LInk: Vista Cam 1200

As I already own two RCA HSDB2A units I'm not necessarily looking to replace those just to get the Vera firmware and attempt integration into Vera. So I'll try upgrading my Vera controller firmware to latest (as they added compatibility with their "new" doorbell/camera products) and see if that will let it pair with my RCA doorbells (which are running LaView firmware to get rid of the RCA logo).

Otherwise, I wonder what it would take to obtain the Vera version of doorbell firmware for testing....
I am in the same situation. Any luck with pairing your existing Doorbells to Vera?

markfoy

n3wb
Reaction score
With that utilize the batch configuration program to change the DB from Ad-Hoc mode to manage mode, change the AP such that it goes to your main SSID.
Hi, This is exactly where I get stuck. I have been able to connect IVMS to the DB wifi but can't find a way to move it to my house wifi network.
How do you use the SADP to change the AP to go to main SSID of the main wifi?
If it is helpful, I use the DECO Mesh routers to create wifi throughout the house.

Attachments

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@markfoy

You have to be able to log in to the DB with the admin and password using the Hikvision Batch Configuration program. By accident my DB has gone to AP mode. In AP mode used my laptop to connect to DB AP mode and changed the settings from AP mode to client mode.

BTW when first starting the DB it does come up in AP mode with a default password. You can log in and configure the DB to your liking totally bypassing the smartphone app.

IE: SSID = what you see with your WiFi configuration and softap_XXXXXX (Verification Code)..you will see the soft AP SSID name when you scan your wifi network.

It is written NOT to change the admin password if using any of the cloud apps. I changed mine and added another admin user.

Personally here do not utilize the cloud app at all. I VPN to my home network to see recordings, et al. I also utilize Zoneminder and configuring it to trigger events via MQTT.

I have DB rings and DB PIR MQTT messages going to Home Asisstant and Homeseer and analog rings / PIR going to my Leviton OmniPro 2 panel.

Here mostly all Linux. I do keep a W2016 server running for Windows stuff and RDP to via Ubuntu Linux. You must be able to log in to the DB with the admin login and password. Here created two users for the DB.

HikvisionDBWiFi.jpg

Last edited:

markfoy

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks @pete_c
I think the issue I have is the Batch configuration tool.
It appears the one I downloaded is different than the one you show on your screen shot.
I don't have the option of changing the SSID. What I am able to change is the IP and Gateway address of the DB. And even when I change that, it is not registered and it goes back to it default figures.
Can you give me a link to the Batch config. tool?

@markfoy

You have to be able to log in to the DB with the admin and password using the Hikvision Batch Configuration program. By accident my DB has gone to AP mode. In AP mode used my laptop to connect to DB AP mode and changed the settings from AP mode to client mode.

BTW when first starting the DB it does come up in AP mode with a default password. You can log in and configure the DB to your liking totally bypassing the smartphone app.

IE: SSID = what you see with your WiFi configuration and softap_XXXXXX (Verification Code)..you will see the soft AP SSID name when you scan your wifi network.

It is written NOT to change the admin password if using any of the cloud apps. I changed mine and added another admin user.

Personally here do not utilize the cloud app at all. I VPN to my home network to see recordings, et al. I also utilize Zoneminder and configuring it to trigger events via MQTT.

I have DB rings and DB PIR MQTT messages going to Home Asisstant and Homeseer and analog rings / PIR going to my Leviton OmniPro 2 panel.

Here mostly all Linux. I do keep a W2016 server running for Windows stuff and RDP to via Ubuntu Linux. You must be able to log in to the DB with the admin login and password. Here created two users for the DB.

View attachment 85170

Attachments

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Using an older version of Batch Configuration. I updated it last year and the newer version would not work for me on Windows 2016 server.

Here is a link to the old one.

Hikvision UK Portal

Here is an older link:

Batch Configuration V2.0.2

BatchConfiguration.jpg

I also utilize the Windows ONVIF Device manager program and can see my two usernames and passwords there.

The Onvif application always locks up with Windows errors after tinkering with it a bit or saving stuff.

OnVif.jpg

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Using an older version of Batch Configuration. I updated it last year and the newer version would not work for me on Windows 2016 server.

Hikvision UK Portal

Here is an older link:

View attachment 85173

I also utilize the Windows ONVIF Device manager program and can see my two usernames and passwords there.

The Onvif application always locks up with Windows errors after tinkering with it a bit or saving stuff.

View attachment 85174
Have you tried this Liniux Man :)

1616352372731.png

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Hikvision UK Portal

Here is an older link:

View attachment 85173

View attachment 85174
Here is another one to try...

markfoy

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks @pete_c
I think the issue I have is the Batch configuration tool.
It appears the one I downloaded is different than the one you show on your screen shot.
I don't have the option of changing the SSID. What I am able to change is the IP and Gateway address of the DB. And even when I change that, it is not registered and it goes back to it default figures.
Can you give me a link to the Batch config. tool?
Thanks!! @pete_c
Now it has joined my home wifi :)
BUT, the ivms app on my phone is not progressing to allow me configure the chime. How do I do that?
Is this something I can do on the Batch tool and if so, where?

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is this something I can do on the Batch tool and if so, where?

I initially ran one of the cloud apps once (Nelly version) and configured the door chime then deleted configuration via the app and removed the app.

You can try to see if you can install the app and connect to your DB with the current configuration.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Had my first hiccup with my LaView DB in almost 2 years. Had to cut power at the breaker, I waited 30 seconds and powered back on. Saw solid red for the first few seconds, :idk: , then flashing red, then it finished it's booting. Back online...

We had something strange happen last night around mid-night according to my pfSense logs, this morning no Internet yet modem lights looked fine. Rebooted router, WAN link came up. pfSense has been pushing out update fixes recently with their 2.5 release.

Marty McFly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry to post about this again but I was hoping to clarify something about ONVIF support. I have an EZVIZ DB1 with Ezviz firmware (no ONVIF). Right now the only way for me to get from the standard doorbell RTSP:/ feed to an HTTP:/ feed is through 3rd party web server software (using tinyCam monitor pro on an Android device). If I flash to an ONVIF supported firmware, will this give me a direct HTTP:/ feed I can access? I have read over the post on page 101 quite a few times but haven't come across this answer. Thanks so much for all of the amazing information in this thread.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry to post about this again but I was hoping to clarify something about ONVIF support. I have an EZVIZ DB1 with Ezviz firmware (no ONVIF). Right now the only way for me to get from the standard doorbell RTSP:/ feed to an HTTP:/ feed is through 3rd party web server software (using tinyCam monitor pro on an Android device). If I flash to an ONVIF supported firmware, will this give me a direct HTTP:/ feed I can access? I have read over the post on page 101 quite a few times but haven't come across this answer. Thanks so much for all of the amazing information in this thread.
There is no HTTP feed on this DB. You have to do what you are doing with a web server, Blue Iris has one too...

Steve_LV

n3wb
Reaction score
Steve_LV said:
I installed a DS-HD1 doorbell and had it working. I then installed another one to the other side of my condo, and the first one went offline and started flashing red. I found this forum and read the F.A.Q. about the DS-HD1 doorbells, so I took the power off for an hour, and that didn't reset it, so I left the power off for 48 hours, but it still won't come on the network or accept a reset. I assume the problem was both of them had the same port number (8000), so I changed the one that is online to (8080) and I can see it fine. Any ideas on how to reset the original one, or get the network to see it? I'm using a Eero Wifi 6 router.
Thanks,
Steve
So when you say the DB is not accepting the reset are you getting the voice prompts you get when you first setup the DB? I would post this question on our Thread:

Steve_LV

n3wb
Reaction score
No, I don't get the voice prompts after holding the reset button for either 5 or 20 seconds. The doorbell just keeps flashing red slowly, about one every 20 seconds.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No, I don't get the voice prompts after holding the reset button for either 5 or 20 seconds. The doorbell just keeps flashing red slowly, about one every 20 seconds.
Thanks Steve for posting here, we have many here that follow this Thread. Sounds like it is getting stuck somewhere in the boot process. Blue Flashing usually relates to connecting to the network, sounds like it does not make it that far. So there has been several here who were able to fix/get past where you are at. I would try what these guys did on their bricked DBs, your does not seemed bricked, just sounds like it needs a full reset though.

From our 101:
SOLID RED BUTTON LIGHT; = BRICKED!!! (UPDATE: We have a solution to fix bricked DBs, try this by - Skinah or argus) (So Far (as of August 2020) THREE people to date has been able to recover their Doorbell past this point/problem, see usafltg)

Steve_LV

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you, putting the firmware on the sd card did get me back to be able to reset. When I went to the Hik-Connect app, both cameras were showing as offline, even though the other one was still on the network. I had to delete the first camera from the app, then the second one showed up. I was then able to re-add the first one from scratch, and now they are both working.
Thanks again,
Steve