New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've just reset the thing and the password isn't the verification code as per the instructions at the start - guessing they have changed it.
Chiming in here. What are you trying to do? Initial setup does not need DB password. Is your DB up and running? Batch Config. Tool has it's own user/password separate from the DB user/password if you are trying to add your DB in BCT.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

ive had the DB1 for just over a year.
Recently it’s started to stop functioning every couple of days. I.e stops responding to the app, not detectable / accessible from LAN and doesnt ring the attached chime.

If I look on the app there are multiple motion events (without any motion) some every 30s-2minutes (screenshot attached) these always seem to be overnight around 0200

I need to remove the power supply, wait for the internal battery the run down. Then when I remove the SD card and format the SD card.

then if I put the SD card back and reattach power starts working again. Chime, app and accessible from lan.

has Anyone got any suggestions or ideas as to what the cause is. Some of the motion events show a vertical line flicker across the screen - there no true motion as I have cameras in same location which show no activity.

any help would be greatly appreciated

james
Has anything changed on your network?

randyth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the db1 running for exactly one year in combination with a mechanical chime (using the power kit) just fine.

Recently I've been looking at the wireless ezviz chime so I can have another chime on the second floor (the mechanical chime isn't that loud).

My question: can the db1 work simultaneously with a mechanical chime and the ezviz wireless chime (or any other wireless chime for that matter)?

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the db1 running for exactly one year in combination with a mechanical chime (using the power kit) just fine.

Recently I've been looking at the wireless ezviz chime so I can have another chime on the second floor (the mechanical chime isn't that loud).

My question: can the db1 work simultaneously with a mechanical chime and the ezviz wireless chime (or any other wireless chime for that matter)?
I have the DB1C and have it working with both a mechanical chime and the EZViz wireless chime

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

My question: can the db1 work simultaneously with a mechanical chime and the ezviz wireless chime?
Good question. I have entertained that same thought. I would assume yes since the EZVIZ Chime has it's own power. To my understanding your DB1 will connect via WiFi to the EXVIZ Chime and the Chime to your AP/Router. As long as nothing changes in your DB, your existing Mech. Chime should continue to work. This is just a theory though.

Depending on your transformer, you can increase your Chime volume by increasing your voltage. Ex. If you have a 16v trans. and went to a 24v trans. the hammer would strike harder therefore increasing the volume. Several here have experienced this. Only thing with this, will this degrade/damage/break your Chime over time?

If you do get the EZVIZ Chime, let us know how it goes.

HTH

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have the DB1C and have it working with both a mechanical chime and the EZViz wireless chime
So is it true, your DB1C connects to your EZVIZ Chime via WiFi and the EZVIZ Chime to your AP/Router?

randyth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cool to know the db1 can work simultaneously with the mechanical AND wireless chime.
Now the question is: which wireless chime is recommended? (The official ezviz chime...or a third party wireless chime)

Last edited:

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So is it true, your DB1C connects to your EZVIZ Chime via WiFi and the EZVIZ Chime to your AP/Router?
No it's hard-wired to the mechanical chime (using the Ezviz power kit) but connects wirelessly to the Ezviz chime. I tried (and failed with) 2 or 3 transformers before finally succeeding with the Ezviz transformer. On paper the specs of the other transformers were fine (24VAC) but for some reason they wouldn't power up the DB1C.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Cool to know the db1 can work simultaneously with the mechanical AND wireless chime.
Now the question is: which wireless chime is recommended? (The official ezviz chime...or a third party wireless chime)
Not aware of any third party Wireless Chime that would work with our DB. If you find any please share, thanks.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No it's hard-wired to the mechanical chime (using the Ezviz power kit) but connects wirelessly to the Ezviz chime. I tried (and failed with) 2 or 3 transformers before finally succeeding with the Ezviz transformer. On paper the specs of the other transformers were fine (24VAC) but for some reason they wouldn't power up the DB1C.
Sorry, the connection I was referring to is Network. Does your DB1C connect to your Router/Access Point (AP) or does it connect to the EZVIZ Chime?

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry, the connection I was referring to is Network. Does your DB1C connect to your Router/Access Point (AP) or does it connect to the EZVIZ Chime?
It can connect to either - it's configurable in the app (under the settings for the chime). But in order to use the RTSP stream in Blue Iris it needs to be connected to the router/AP

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It can connect to either - it's configurable in the app (under the settings for the chime). But in order to use the RTSP stream in Blue Iris it needs to be connected to the router/AP
Thanks, I did not think about the RTSP stream, makes sense...

Reaction score
Over the last few days I don't get any kind of alerts for motion on my DS-HD1. I have push notifications enabled and hadn't changed any of the settings recently but today it quit recording events and putting them in the notification area. The notification beep will beep if I have it turned on but no notifications to my phone and no events recorded in the app. If I go back and look through the playback function the events seem to be there. I tried deleting the app and rebooting the doorbell with no success. Any ideas?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Over the last few days I don't get any kind of alerts for motion on my DS-HD1. I have push notifications enabled and hadn't changed any of the settings recently but today it quit recording events and putting them in the notification area. The notification beep will beep if I have it turned on but no notifications to my phone and no events recorded in the app. If I go back and look through the playback function the events seem to be there. I tried deleting the app and rebooting the doorbell with no success. Any ideas?
We have had Cloud issues from time to time. Usually last about a week. Other issues that have caused this is phone updates. What phone do you have, which App are you using?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
iPhone 12 with IOS 14.8.1 and I’m using the Hik-Connect app.
There is your problem, you have a fruit phone :), Just kidding, Android guy here...So I would give it a few days and see if continues. If so consider trying the EZVIZ App. Not sure how the Hik App is these days but the EZVIZ App has a whole new look to it...I actually like it more now.

saxopete

n3wb
Reaction score
Chiming in here. What are you trying to do? Initial setup does not need DB password. Is your DB up and running? Batch Config. Tool has it's own user/password separate from the DB user/password if you are trying to add your DB in BCT.
I want to put the Hik firmware on it so can record to the NVR and link up with my automation. The batch tool just reports password incorrect - can also not connect to it via RTSP with either the verification code or any other code once reset. I have an EZVIZ-DB1. Any ideas welcome before I throw the thing down the road :D

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I want to put the Hik firmware on it so can record to the NVR and link up with my automation. The batch tool just reports password incorrect - can also not connect to it via RTSP with either the verification code or any other code once reset. I have an EZVIZ-DB1. Any ideas welcome before I throw the thing down the road :D
Is everything else working correct? Did you test the RTSP in VLC? Did you buy it new or was it used?

⦁ RTSP Streaming for VLC (VideoLAN Media Player) Under Media/Open Network Stream (Ctrl+N)...Enter your RTSP Link/Info for Live Video Stream

The Batch Config. Tool has it's on username/password that is separate from the Doorbell.

So when you go to Add, this is where it does not except the password? I assume you are able to ping the Doorbell from the PC that is running the Batch Config. Tool, correct? The Verification Code (password) is All Caps and 6 characters. ex. ABCDEF

1638186915463.png

saxopete

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi David,

Thanks for coming back to me - I work in IT so tried most of these things - It has port 554 open and VLC prompts for creds but the default creds do not work tried various and admin and the verification code on the back of the doorbell. I bought the doorbell brand new and yes can ping it. It works perfectly fine in the EZViz app - just can't pop it on the NVR.

Thanks
Peter.