New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you reached out to EZVIZ Support? Sounds to me like the Cloud may be the issue, somehow the password got changed on the DB? After calling support, if they can't help, I would remove it completely from their Cloud, in the App remove the device, then delete the account. There is a way to do what we call a Hard Reset, normally it is for bricked DBs but it should get everything back to factory settings.

SOLID RED BUTTON LIGHT; = BRICKED!!! (UPDATE: We have a solution to fix bricked DBs, try this by - Skinah or argus) (So Far (as of August 2020) THREE people to date has been able to recover their Doorbell past this point/problem, see usafltg)

It requires applying power while holding down the reset button, I have not had to do this or even tried it but all those who have stated it works.

I would call EZVIZ first, these DBs have a year warranty.

nepats197

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone have release notes for firmware 211011? Or 200321 for that matter? I still haven't found out what either of these provide so not upgrading from 191211. It's working fine so don't see a need to upgrade to potential issues. But if it provides more features I might try it.

I have the EZVIZ DB1 and using EZVIZ app.

NickTheGreat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Weird question, but does anybody else get any phantom rings with this thing? Yesterday I got two. We were downstairs and heard it, and no one was there. Then 5 minutes later got another one. This time my wife was by the window and did not see anybody press the button. And we do have a secondary ringer on the back of the house for some reason, but I’m 98% sure nobody was back there.

There was nothing on the App and nothing in Blue Iris captured either. I feel like this happened maybe once or twice before, but is a fairly isolated incident. I've got the LaView flavor if it matters.
I'm starting to get phantom ding-dongs many times a day. Like 4 or 6 or 8. I made sure the IR is turned off and it still does it. I had upgraded my transformer last year, so I feel like it's not a current issue.

Thankfully I installed a toggle switch in my doorbell circuit so I can kill it easily. Comes in handy with this stupid thing. :rolleyes:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm starting to get phantom ding-dongs many times a day. Like 4 or 6 or 8. I made sure the IR is turned off and it still does it. I had upgraded my transformer last year, so I feel like it's not a current issue.

Thankfully I installed a toggle switch in my doorbell circuit so I can kill it easily. Comes in handy with this stupid thing. :rolleyes:
Do you hear the Doorbell Chime too or just your indoor chime?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone have release notes for firmware 211011? Or 200321 for that matter? I still haven't found out what either of these provide so not upgrading from 191211. It's working fine so don't see a need to upgrade to potential issues. But if it provides more features I might try it.

I have the EZVIZ DB1 and using EZVIZ app.
One of the firmwares, I think the 200220 added more control on the Doorbell Chime.

This is my list of DB1 Firmwares:
1638209214914.png

As far as the Hikvision 200321 build firmware, pretty much most here are using it since it adds ONVIF support.
Bottom line, if everything is working fine for you I would not change anything.

HTH

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My Ezviz DB1 was working fine for over a year and a few days ago after pushing the doorbell button indoor chime was constantly buzzing, so I unplugged it from the power. Unfortunately, after turning it on, the chime was still making a continuous buzzing sound, so I have unplugged the power kit. This way I get rid of the buzzing sound, but nothing is happening when I press the doorbell sound. Did anyone have the same problem? I'm presuming that I need a new power kit, but I don't even know where to buy it.

BTW I have a standard setup with a doorbell, transformer and chime.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My Ezviz DB1 was working fine for over a year and a few days ago after pushing the doorbell button indoor chime was constantly buzzing, so I unplugged it from the power. Unfortunately, after turning it on, the chime was still making a continuous buzzing sound, so I have unplugged the power kit. This way I get rid of the buzzing sound, but nothing is happening when I press the doorbell sound. Did anyone have the same problem? I'm presuming that I need a new power kit, but I don't even know where to buy it.

BTW I have a standard setup with a doorbell, transformer and chime.
I would check voltages from your transformer. Here is where you can buy a replacement Power Kit, if you determine that is your problem, this is from our 101:

⦁ If your Chime has suddenly stopped working (2020) - TechBill, TechBill - misally (If you suspect your Power Kit is the reason your Chime is not working, here is a Power Kit replacement thanks to hibby50 )

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Both. I guess I dont know if it always does both, but I have heard the outdoor chime whilst outside
So did it start around Halloween? :) Sometimes those ghosts like to hang around through the Holidays, haha, sorry had to say that.

Random issues are hard to trace, if it happens often enough I would put a meter on it and check voltages...

kamakazie2

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Its been a while since i upgraded my EzViz to the 200321 firmware. Blue Iris works great with is for many months.

2 questions.
1. How do i configure the PIR sensor. It seems that i can only get the image motion detection to work.
2. Did anyone loose sound? I checked BI and it shows 0 bitrate for audio.

Batch config shows PIR enabled and audio enabled in both streams.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Its been a while since i upgraded my EzViz to the 200321 firmware. Blue Iris works great with is for many months.

2 questions.
1. How do i configure the PIR sensor. It seems that i can only get the image motion detection to work.
2. Did anyone loose sound? I checked BI and it shows 0 bitrate for audio.

Batch config shows PIR enabled and audio enabled in both streams.
1. For me, I found using BIs motion detection worked better than the PIR sensor, that is if your question is for BI.
2. Check VLC and see if your stream has sound, I know in BI I lost sound once on a BI update, check your Audio settings for the Doorbell, make sure they did not get turned off.
⦁ RTSP Streaming for VLC (VideoLAN Media Player) Under Media/Open Network Stream (Ctrl+N)...Enter your RTSP Link/Info for Live Video Stream

kamakazie2

n3wb
Reaction score
1. For me, I found using BIs motion detection worked better than the PIR sensor, that is if your question is for BI.
2. Check VLC and see if your stream has sound, I know in BI I lost sound once on a BI update, check your Audio settings for the Doorbell, make sure they did not get turned off.
⦁ RTSP Streaming for VLC (VideoLAN Media Player) Under Media/Open Network Stream (Ctrl+N)...Enter your RTSP Link/Info for Live Video Stream
1. Ill stick with BI detection
2. VLC has audio! I ended up going into the Video setting and under the audio stream selecting RTSP with alternate AAC decoder and i have audio..

Thanks for the help!

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just changed mine to test in VLC, seems to work fine...

1638283722798.png

NickTheGreat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So did it start around Halloween? :) Sometimes those ghosts like to hang around through the Holidays, haha, sorry had to say that.

Random issues are hard to trace, if it happens often enough I would put a meter on it and check voltages...
Actually it did start around Halloween . . . :wow:

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Using the HikVision Batch configuration application here have disabled audio and motion detection. It seems to be working. For a long time I was using the Onvif to hardware motion detection but it was way too sensitive and I could never really adjust it.

I also installed a tiny 433Mhz outdoor PIR facing the doorbell on the front porch. This device connects to a Sonoff 433Mh hub converted to Tasmota to produce MQTT messages on motion. Works great.

Video wise using BI on a Windows 2016 server and Zoneminder on an Ubuntu 20.04 server. Working most of the time. Video out goes to the above servers. I do direct connects from the OmniPro Touch screens and indirect connects to tabletop combo touchscreens. I also have a Kodi plugin that will pop up video that works OK but I do not like the interruptions.

Relating to a physical push on the doorbell button and chime connection this still works just fine. Digitally here using a current sensor and debounce circuit board to the alarm panel zone which triggers chime sounds and TTS on the automation servers and TTS on the Amazon Alexa devices.

Reaction score
I would check voltages from your transformer. Here is where you can buy a replacement Power Kit, if you determine that is your problem, this is from our 101:

⦁ If your Chime has suddenly stopped working (2020) - TechBill, TechBill - misally (If you suspect your Power Kit is the reason your Chime is not working, here is a Power Kit replacement thanks to hibby50 )
The worst thing about it is the fact that had the same problem a few months ago and I fixed it using the method recommended by you. Anyway, thank you David!

While I'm here I was wondering if my RTSP stream would be fixed if I change my Ezviz firmware (v5.2.4 200220) to something else? At the moment my doorbell is freezing after a few hours (6-8+) of continuous RTSP connection to the doorbell.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The worst thing about it is the fact that had the same problem a few months ago and I fixed it using the method recommended by you. Anyway, thank you David!

While I'm here I was wondering if my RTSP stream would be fixed if I change my Ezviz firmware (v5.2.4 200220) to something else? At the moment my doorbell is freezing after a few hours (6-8+) of continuous RTSP connection to the doorbell.
I cannot say but I can say I have the 200220 (EU) version if you had to go back. You could try the new 211011 but we have already had a report from a DB1C user of a similar issue as you are having. These are two different Doorbell models but the latest build #s happen to be the same on both models.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

So let me say this, when I first got my DB I opened up 3 VLC windows streaming the main RTSP stream to each, ran them for about 3 days, I did not have anything to check for any drops but they held up fine, tried with 4 and 3 is the limit on this DB's Proc. Anyway, I also did a continuous Ping to the DB, which I have done on many other devices, mainly WiFi devices, this gives me a quick simple picture of the network traffic to/from the device. I know there are programs and other ways to do this, I am a bit old school, it works for me.

Ping -t 10.0.0.1 <---(DB IP Address)
CTRL-C stops it...

Reaction score
I didn't want to install the latest version cause I thought that I won't be able to go back, but looking at your post I guess that changing the firmware back should be a big problem, so I will give it a go.