New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

Reaction score
Just putting this out here in case someone else has this issue.

I had an issue about 2 months ago where we started getting phantom rings on our mechanical chime with the ezviz db1. It was always in the middle of the night starting between midnight and 4am and once it started, we'd get them again and again, with a delay of between 10 and 50ish minutes. Checking the video, there was nothing that would cause a ring and the phone app wasn't even activating to indicate that the button on the doorbell was pressed so it seemed to be coming from the chime. This started after our kiddo repeatedly rang the bell a bunch of times in a row one afternoon.

I had to kill the breaker to get some sleep and it happened multiple nights in a row. Eventually unpowered the chime, to figure out what to do.

I looked at all of the reviews and current products and couldn't seem to find a new model to meet our needs (mechanical chime, powered and not battery only, reliable, decent video quality, no subscription fees and ability to store and review video locally and connect to an NVR, and ideally onvif even though the ezviz does not have that) so I ordered a new (open box) exviz db1 from eBay.

When it arrived I decided that instead of going through the hassle of joining and setting up a new doorbell, I'd try swapping the power kit first at the chime and since doing that, no more phantom chimes. (And I guess I have an extra doorbell waiting in the wings for replacement when my current one fails.)

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just putting this out here in case someone else has this issue.

I had an issue about 2 months ago where we started getting phantom rings on our mechanical chime with the ezviz db1. It was always in the middle of the night starting between midnight and 4am and once it started, we'd get them again and again, with a delay of between 10 and 50ish minutes. Checking the video, there was nothing that would cause a ring and the phone app wasn't even activating to indicate that the button on the doorbell was pressed so it seemed to be coming from the chime. This started after our kiddo repeatedly rang the bell a bunch of times in a row one afternoon.

I had to kill the breaker to get some sleep and it happened multiple nights in a row. Eventually unpowered the chime, to figure out what to do.

I looked at all of the reviews and current products and couldn't seem to find a new model to meet our needs (mechanical chime, powered and not battery only, reliable, decent video quality, no subscription fees and ability to store and review video locally and connect to an NVR, and ideally onvif even though the ezviz does not have that) so I ordered a new (open box) exviz db1 from eBay.

When it arrived I decided that instead of going through the hassle of joining and setting up a new doorbell, I'd try swapping the power kit first at the chime and since doing that, no more phantom chimes. (And I guess I have an extra doorbell waiting in the wings for replacement when my current one fails.)
What size transformer do you have? This issue has happened for many here, when the IR turns on at night and with a builders grade transformer the load would cause this. One other thing that can cause this is the power kit at the chime, if it goes bad but it would happen not just at night...
If you had your DB for awhile and it just started happening, maybe a weak transformer.

Check out our Doorbell 101

enduser99

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone still using this camera? Somehow I got logged off the RCA security app and now I can't log back in! I suppose they are end of life and no longer supported.
Same thing happened to me.
Unable to use or move to EZVIZ since it states device has been added by rca account.
I see no way to delete device from rca account and reestablish it on the ezviz account since I'm unable to log into the rca account.
It looks like the RCA server is down.