New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

JoshJ

n3wb
Reaction score
FYI: I just installed the Hikvision BatchConfigTool, and it allowed me to select "Full Frame" for the framerate, which results in 30fps (verified in VLC) video on my RCA doorbell.
upload_2019-9-13_13-44-33.png

JSnP

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
FYI: I just installed the Hikvision BatchConfigTool, and it allowed me to select "Full Frame" for the framerate, which results in 30fps (verified in VLC) video on my RCA doorbell.
Thanks, I didn't notice that option in iVMS, but it is at the top.

Reaction score
I cannot get this thing to add in BlueIris.. what am I doing wrong? This is the LaView verison.. I'm using the verification code that was on the back of the camera sticker.

Olddawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I cannot get this thing to add in BlueIris.. what am I doing wrong? This is the LaView verison.. I'm using the verification code that was on the back of the camera sticker.

The verification code should be correct for password unless you changed it? Did you do a Find/Inspect? Using Find/Inspect My ONVIF port is 80. My path is /Streaming/Channels/1?transportmode=unicast&profile=Profile_1

Reaction score
The verification code should be correct for password unless you changed it? Did you do a Find/Inspect? Using Find/Inspect My ONVIF port is 80. My path is /Streaming/Channels/1?transportmode=unicast&profile=Profile_1
Thank you! Turns out it was self-inflicted.. I had it in my IoT SSID/VLAN and forgot to create firewall rules to allow it to talk to my blue iris server..

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
View attachment 47308
Wow, Full Frame, did not try that, I read a message stating 22FPS was it's Max and just went with that. Thank You...

upload_2019-9-13_16-31-5.png

A23

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the laview LV-PDB1630-U, which I think is the one in this thread, is the same as the LV-PDBONLO3R which is a shellshocker at newegg today for $130?
I cannot find the latter on the laview web site.
Even if they are not exactly the same, I most care about onvif and rtsp access.

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16881183166

Olddawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the laview LV-PDB1630-U, which I think is the one in this thread, is the same as the LV-PDBONLO3R which is a shellshocker at newegg today for $130?

looks identical to the NSC-DB2 (Hikvision) I bought from Nelly's this week. The Nelly's came with 3 faceplates and a SD Card for $139.99

Olddawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That will be the one...
@David L
@Chadsturgill

Put the new transformer on but I still get a Signal Loss in Blue Iris video if I run the Hik-Connect app and view image on app. I can view the image full screen in Blue Iris and never experience Signal Loss on the app. Not a big deal, since I won't be using the app that much but I must have something not quite right.

Chadsturgill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So weird. Occasionally my Blue Iris stops responding and I have to reboot the BI server but mine is something to do with STunnel. It only happens when I connect remotely and didn’t do it until I implemented STunnel. Sometimes BI won’t connect to the DB but the app works fine for me. So weird that we all have little odd issues.

Chadsturgill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can the nellys firmware be put on the RCA doorbell?
Would like to know the same thing and where to download it. Mine is not up to date with what you all are running. Seems the RCA version is lingering behind

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Would like to know the same thing and where to download it. Mine is not up to date with what you all are running. Seems the RCA version is lingering behind
Which app are you using? I got rid of the RCA app, and have been using the LaView. Never tried the other EZVID app. But would like to know where I can download the the Nellys as well on how to install it.

JSnP

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Which app are you using? I got rid of the RCA app, and have been using the LaView. Never tried the other EZVID app. But would like to know where I can download the the Nellys as well on how to install it.
Nelly's uses the EZVIZ app since it is just another OEM of the EZVIZ doorbell. EZVIZ Video Doorbell Setup Guide (NSC-DB2)

I think the firmware is a .dav file? There are forum threads on this website about decrypting those.

Google finds the following links for the RCA version from this thread. (I = International version? not sure). I don't know where Nelly's or LaView's custom firmware with ONVIF might be (or the Ezviz original). Someone might need to wireshark/tcpdump their network connections when the doorbell updates to extract the URL. Maybe putting custom firmware on the RCA could get rid of the video watermark logo too.

http://usdownload.ezvizlife.com/device/HSDB2/2.0/HSDB2.dav
http://usdownload.ezvizlife.com/device/HSDB2/2.0/HSDB2_I.dav

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

So back when I first started looking, I missed the shellshocker which got me looking at these Doorbells. I called LaView to ask your same question, they looked up the numbers and verified they are the same.

The reason I called is one reviewer on Newegg was claiming it was the first gen. of the Doorbell, which is incorrect, it is the second gen.

LaView's Labor Day Sale had it as low as $127 free shipping and no tax...FYI they are always on sale. at least 15% off...
At the time I am writing this it is $135.15 Total (free shipping/no tax) with their SAVE15 September Discount

Reactions: A23

Olddawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So weird. Occasionally my Blue Iris stops responding and I have to reboot the BI server but mine is something to do with STunnel. It only happens when I connect remotely and didn’t do it until I implemented STunnel. Sometimes BI won’t connect to the DB but the app works fine for me. So weird that we all have little odd issues.
It is strange, for some reason BI doesn't play well when my Hik-Connect app is viewing. Once I close the app the Doorbell reconnects on Blue Iris?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nelly's uses the EZVIZ app since it is just another OEM of the EZVIZ doorbell. EZVIZ Video Doorbell Setup Guide (NSC-DB2)

I think the firmware is a .dav file? There are forum threads on this website about decrypting those.

Google finds the following links for the RCA version from this thread. (I = International version? not sure). I don't know where Nelly's or LaView's custom firmware with ONVIF might be (or the Ezviz original). Someone might need to wireshark/tcpdump their network connections when the doorbell updates to extract the URL. Maybe putting custom firmware on the RCA could get rid of the video watermark logo too.

http://usdownload.ezvizlife.com/device/HSDB2/2.0/HSDB2.dav
http://usdownload.ezvizlife.com/device/HSDB2/2.0/HSDB2_I.dav
Message #17 Chad shared the above link. I briefly looked at the .dav file through Notepad, found a few things, one reference to Shanghai :), it is a small file but big in Notepad for searching though.

JSnP

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Message #17 Chad shared the above link. I briefly looked at the .dav file through Notepad, found a few things, one reference to Shanghai :), it is a small file but big in Notepad for searching though.
If you want to peek in the file you must unpack it first with "hikpack" or other unpacking utility.
From this forum: Hikvision
It extracts: app.img, arc.bin, dav_header, mcu.bin, res.bin

And just for fun I tried changing the "HSDB2" in the above posted RCA URLs to the model # of Nellys DB, but unfortunately no .dav file was found.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you want to peek in the file you must unpack it first with "hikpack" or other unpacking utility.
From this forum: Hikvision
It extracts: app.img, arc.bin, dav_header, mcu.bin, res.bin

And just for fun I tried changing the "HSDB2" in the above posted RCA URLs to the model # of Nellys DB, but unfortunately no .dav file was found.
Thank You for the Decompression Tool info...When I opened the HSDB2_I.dav file in Notepad, I know this is a binary file, I was just looking to see if I saw IP addresses, company info, etc. That is how I ran across this:

upload_2019-9-16_5-56-46.png
Not sure what role this company plays, but interesting info though. I am sure someone will eventually figure out how to manually update our firmware, I just know it won't be me :), I am not a Coder...

Oh, not sure if you saw this yet but this is worth the look:
FCC ID VIXHSDB2 Video Doorbell by Voxx Accessories Corp.
HSDB2 Video Doorbell Teardown Internal Photos APPENDIX 1 Voxx Accessories .

Last edited: