New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I use ActionTiles on my Fire Sticks, Cube, IPad, IPhone etc! But I use the stream from BI instead of the stream from the camera. Make BI do the transcoding so the camera isn’t servicing more than it has to!
So I just got my copy of BI today, ordered the Amcreast version on Amazon $50. Been going back and forth with Synology or BI for 24/7 recording, Synology is high on individual camera licenses but is a nice NAS solution. Thank you for the BI info to Action Tiles. I got started with Action Tiles after I installed my Konnected Alarm System (A MUST HAVE FOR DIYers)

camCanuck

n3wb
Reaction score
I just got in on the fun, updated by RCA to EZVIZ. I used Hik's Batch Config Tool.

Doesn't look like EZVIZ supports ONVIF though, may need to try the LaView firmware.

camCanuck

n3wb
Reaction score
Update...

Switched to LaView firmware and ONVIF is up and running with Synology SS (I was previously using RTSP).

My RCA logo is still gone, maybe because I turned it on with the EZVIZ firmware first?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I must be new. What are action tiles? Looks great
Action Tiles is a Panel based way you can control your Smart IoT devices from a tablet, phone or PC. I use it for my Home Alarm System (Konnected), Smart Lights/Switches, Nest Thermostat, Sprinkler system, Door Locks, SmartThings, etc. on a 10 inch Fire HD tablet hanging in my hallway. It can also display Weather, Maps, Traffic, News, etc. too. I use Fully Kiosk Browser so it will run securely protected in Full Screen mode. Also use the free version of DAKboard as a screen saver since Amazon does not have one on their Fire tablets. Amazon does not come with Google Play Store but you can add it to your Fire Tablet Google Play on Fire Tablets (There are several sites and a few YouTube videos on how to do this, just install the APKs in order)
When I install my future cameras I will have them show like CHAD did his.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Update...

Switched to LaView firmware and ONVIF is up and running with Synology SS (I was previously using RTSP).

My RCA logo is still gone, maybe because I turned it on with the EZVIZ firmware first?
Welcome to the ONVIF club...

JSnP

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nelly’s Firmware is old Build 190122 vs RCA at Build 190124.
The model # I saw on the Nelly webpage images was "NDB313-W" so that is what I tried in the download URL (and it worked).
EZVIZ Video Doorbell Setup Guide (NSC-DB2)

But that turns out to also be the model # of these generics:
NDB313-W - Winic Technologies USA, Inc.
3MP Smart Home Video Doorbell, Remote View, Two-Way Talk, NightVision NDB313-W | eBay

Nelly must have newer firmware somewhere else.
Nelly calls their DB the "NSC-DB2" but that didn't work in the download URL.

Someone with a Nelly DB might be able to extract the proper location (reset the DB to stock and wireshark monitor the download during a firmware upgrade).

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
THANK YOU AGAIN JSnP and Chadsturgill,
You guys are going to make many people happy with this firmware upgrade discovery. I think I will download each of these firmwares to keep in case I need to revert back to them.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
looks identical to the NSC-DB2 (Hikvision) I bought from Nelly's this week. The Nelly's came with 3 faceplates and a SD Card for $139.99
Can you share your firmware version of your Nelly's Doorbell with us. Do you have the model #/name off the back of your Doorbell, we are trying to search for Nelly's firmware. Thank you...
Also, do you know if ONVIF works?

argus

n3wb
Reaction score
One more vote of thanks to Chadsturgill for testing all the firmware options, another happy camper here with no logo and onvif enabled on my RCA branded doorbell (with oval shaped rather than round camera surround)

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does the Upload Logo button work?
It looks like it might, it does not look grayed out in Chad's picture of EZVIZ firmware...My LaView firmware does not have that option or I would try it for ya.

Olddawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you share your firmware version of your Nelly's Doorbell with us. Do you have the model #/name off the back of your Doorbell, we are trying to search for Nelly's firmware. Thank you...
Also, do you know if ONVIF works?
upload_2019-9-17_8-19-23.png
upload_2019-9-17_8-23-56.png

The Model is HNDB313-W/16G

It does have a Sub Stream drop down but there is nothing under Resolution on Max Bitrate. I don't use it so maybe I don't understand how to set it up?
Sorry, I am not ONVIF literate, how to tell if ONVIF works?

Olddawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Outstanding, thank you. As far as ONVIF, do you have Blue Iris?
upload_2019-9-17_9-46-10.png

This is how it is currently set in BI. I might add that if I open the Hik-Connect app and view Live from Phone I will lose signal on BI after a few seconds? BI video reconnects once I am no longer live in app. I have tried both Ezviz and Hi-Connect apps.

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
View attachment 47464

This is how it is currently set in BI. I might add that if I open the Hik-Connect app and view Live from Phone I will lose signal on BI after a few seconds? BI video reconnects once I am no longer live in app. I have tried both Ezviz and Hi-Connect apps.
So I apologize I have not used Blue Iris yet but when you hit Find/inspect did it find your camera or did you have to manually enter?

Guys how can he verify ONVIF?

Olddawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I apologize I have not used Blue Iris yet but when you hit Find/inspect did it find your camera or did you have to manually enter?

Guys how can he verify ONVIF?
BI found it in Find/Inspect and populated all the information.

JSnP

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
View attachment 47454
The Model is HNDB313-W/16G
HNDB313-W-16-G is the generic NDB313-W model #.
HNDB313-W/16G – Hunt Electronic | CCTV Solutions

Build 190412 (2019-04-12) doesn't sound recent, but it is newer than the NDB313-W.dav:

Nelly’s Firmware is old Build 190122
I wonder if anything newer is available if you go into EZVIZ's app (iphone/android)?

If there is, and you know how to wireshark record a firmware update please do that, if not someone else hopefully can eventually.

If it does have ONVIF support (and therefore must be recent?) but not substream configuration options in iVMS (which seems odd because of Nelly's youtube comment saying it was added) then that doesn't sound as new/full featured as LaView's firmware. But if EZVIZ's "Build 190708" (2019-07-08) doesn't have ONVIF maybe higher build numbers/newer dates aren't comparable between OEMs?

JoshJ

n3wb
Reaction score
For those of you who who put the LaView firmware on the RCA doorbell (to gain ONVIF capability): does the RCA mobile app still work?
*I want ONVIF, but my wife wants the simple doorbell app :)

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
For those of you who who put the LaView firmware on the RCA doorbell (to gain ONVIF capability): does the RCA mobile app still work?
*I want ONVIF, but my wife wants the simple doorbell app :)
\
all of the apps are nearly identical. If you switch to the LaView firmware, you can try the LaView app. Thats what Im using currently with the RCA doorbell.