New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for reply.
So u mean other people went from 16V,30VA TO 24V,40VA?
Trying to figure out witch one should i get ! the 16V,30VA or the 24V,40VA
Purchased the door bell from Nelly Security and is coming soon. Will be using with the apps and also BI.
Regarding the transformers , witch on Amazon maybe better? found some here
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019BW9VZ2
4 star
or this here:
https://www.amazon.com/Endurance-Pro-Thermostat-Transformer-Compatible/dp/B07QBVGVL6/

Thanks,
No people switched from 16V,10VA TO EITHER A 16V,30VA OR 24V,40VA
What kind of chime do you have? Mechanical or Digital? I can only speak for Mechanical, I personally would stay within the same volts, 16v, some people have stated that going from 16 to 24 their Mech. chime became louder, I assume the striking hammer/rod hit harder with more voltage, though many others have not had any problem. One thing we have All found out, each transformer gives off different voltage from what they list, probably the reason my 16v10va is working for me.

I still think this video explains it better then I can:
Transformer Loads Explained

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I see the same on my PFSense logs.

Sep 27 06:40:13 WAN 49.51.85.228:6004 x.y.z.w:30740 UDP

AS132203 TENCENT-NET-AP-CN Tencent Building, Kejizhongyi Avenue, CN (registered Mar 13, 2012)

I am connected here to the HikVision and EZViz ap.

I was using a current sensing board (ELK 930) for the power of the Hikvision doorbell and it would false trigger about every 10-15 minutes and manually when I would stream video via VLC. I kept playing with different power supplies here until I decided just to remove the Elk930 current sensor board and utilize a reed switch next to the doorbell chime and connect this to an Elk 960 debounce board. That did not fix though the change in the draw of power from the doorbell. This is totally different than what I saw with the limited functionality of the Ring Doorbell. I had no issues but could only stream or connect to the cloud application to see the video.

Thinking though if you leave the phone / tablet on and connected to the above mentioned apps it will continue. I turn off my cell phone and tablets here much of the time and still saw the issue.

Plans over time here are to remove the doorbell from the app and utilize current IPSEC VPN tunnel to my home network and utilize my NVR Zoneminder mobile application.

Been testing a couple of "cheapo" non labeled 4-5 MP smart cams (4-5 MP) that work with ONVIF and the HikVision batch program. These have a web gui configuratin and there is a switch in the configuration for cloud connectivity which I can turn off.

The cloud switch provision is probably in the SDK. It would be beneficial though to JTAG the camera and watch it work via the serial connection.

Here is what the "cloud" switch looks like on the cheapo smart camera web gui.

cheapcam1.jpg

cheapcam2.jpg

Last edited:

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here original transformer was a 10VAC 10VA. Checking the voltage with no load and a VOM saw it at 15VAC. It did work fine with my Ring doorbell and no aux modules in place. Ring only came with a resistor which I never used.

Upping the transformer for the HikVision here made the chime much louder. I could tell there are changes in the power draw of the Hikvision doorbell when streaming RTSP video. Probably should test amp draw with VOM to see specifically what is going on.

The current 24VAC 40VA transformer is warm but not hot to the touch but this is the first time I have touched it while using it. I have the power pack in place.

Originally with the 10VAC 10 VA transformer and the power pack installed my chime would not ring.

Last edited:

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Above I mentioned that the JPG capture works with the following link:

hxxp://IPOFCAMERA/onvif/snapshot.jpg

The good part of this for me is that you do not need to authenticate to see this picture using port 80.
Testing a couple of new smart cam boards and I need to authenticate to get a JPG.

Tinkering yesterday is is a JPG of the main stream (not substream) and it will be the same size as what you have configured for the main stream which you can adjust using the ONVIF tool or the batch configuration tool.

Tried using onvif0 and onvif1 and that does not work for the substream.

Another option here is to utilize the JPG capture from the Zoneminder sub stream.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here original transformer was a 10VAC 10VA. Checking the voltage with no load and a VOM saw it at 15VAC. It did work fine with my Ring doorbell and no aux modules in place. Ring only came with a resistor which I never used.

Upping the transformer for the HikVision here made the chime much louder. I could tell there are changes in the power draw of the Hikvision doorbell when streaming RTSP video. Probably should test amp draw with VOM to see specifically what is going on.

The current 24VAC 40VA transformer is warm but not hot to the touch but this is the first time I have touched it while using it.
Thanks for the confirmation that the increased voltage made the chime louder. In your case 10V to 24V, or 15V (from your test) to 24V (which may be 30V)
Also thanks for the confirmation that RTSP streaming pulls more load, I bought a 16v/30va for this reason, though have not installed yet. :)
I have a huge Honey-Do list first :)

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah here used a ladder to get to the power transformer which is close to the ceiling in the basement. It is a PITA though cuz there are a few wires passing through the box so my preference is to pull down all of the wires so that they are out of the box and you should power off the electric to the box via the fuse panel then check with a VOM that there is no voltage on the hot and neutral leads (black and white wires). I did leave the box open anyhow for about a week for testing.

Yeah today's honey do list stuff involves cleaning my bird (she is 43 years old) cage and giving her a bath and washing her linus blanket (which she sleeps with now every night). Last night she woke us up at 3AM crying. Think she gets night terrors or something cuz she gets vocal sometimes while sleeping. The bird and wife have never gotten along too well.....they are enemies.

and I will be shot if I do not get an anniversary card today...

Olddawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You have Nelly's Doorbell and firmware right? Have you upgraded your firmware? Are you using EZVIZ App? Have you tried other Apps?
FYI, pete_c upgraded his firmware to 190625, may try that, if you don't already have it.

This is what you upped in one of your previous messages:
View attachment 48146

Just trying to help others help you :)

I am a week or so away from moving furniture around, building PC and installing BI :)
Thank David. I do have the newer Nelly's 190625 firmware and have tried the Ezviz app and Hi-Connect. It is not a big issue, but one that I noticed and would like to resolved if possible. On my Network Signal in the app it shows my WiFi signal to be -56 dBm which from what I read is reasonably good.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah here used a ladder to get to the power transformer which is close to the ceiling in the basement. It is a PITA though cuz there are a few wires passing through the box so my preference is to pull down all of the wires so that they are out of the box and you should power off the electric to the box via the fuse panel then check with a VOM that there is no voltage on the hot and neutral leads (black and white wires). I did leave the box open anyhow for about a week for testing.

Yeah today's honey do list stuff involves cleaning my bird (she is 43 years old) cage and giving her a bath and washing her linus blanket (which she sleeps with now every night). Last night she woke us up at 3AM crying. Think she gets night terrors or something cuz she gets vocal sometimes while sleeping. The bird and wife have never gotten along too well.....they are enemies.

and I will be shot if I do not get an anniversary card today...
Yeah my transformer is mounted on a rafter so I too will ladder to get to it, since it is our attic light, will need a drop light too.
Wow 43 years old, she has lived longer than a few of my high school friends. Funny, but a bird that talks in her sleep :)

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank David. I do have the newer Nelly's 190625 firmware and have tried the Ezviz app and Hi-Connect. It is not a big issue, but one that I noticed and would like to resolved if possible. On my Network Signal in the app it shows my WiFi signal to be -56 dBm which from what I read is reasonably good.
Yeah sounds like you got everything right. Do you have another device, other than your phone to try an App on? I know on Android the version of Android can be a problem with Apps.

KlaverBoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I see the same on my PFSense logs.

AS132203 TENCENT-NET-AP-CN Tencent Building, Kejizhongyi Avenue, CN (registered Mar 13, 2012)

I am connected here to the HikVision and EZViz ap.

Thinking though if you leave the phone / tablet on and connected to the above mentioned apps it will continue. I turn off my cell phone and tablets here much of the time and still saw the issue.

Plans over time here are to remove the doorbell from the app and utilize current IPSEC VPN tunnel to my home network and utilize my NVR Zoneminder mobile application.

Been testing a couple of "cheapo" non labeled 4-5 MP smart cams (4-5 MP) that work with ONVIF and the HikVision batch program. These have a web gui configuratin and there is a switch in the configuration for cloud connectivity which I can turn off.

The cloud switch provision is probably in the SDK. It would be beneficial though to JTAG the camera and watch it work via the serial connection.

Here is what the "cloud" switch looks like on the cheapo smart camera web gui.

View attachment 48157

View attachment 48159
I've only used the Ezviz app for the initial installation. After that i removed the doorbell from the app and uninstalled it. But it's still trying to connect to the Tencent cloud. I'm also using an openvpn tunnel to my home to manage the cam using the Synology DS Cam app. That works great.

KlaverBoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Above I mentioned that the JPG capture works with the following link:

hxxp://IPOFCAMERA/onvif/snapshot.jpg

The good part of this for me is that you do not need to authenticate to see this picture using port 80.
Testing a couple of new smart cam boards and I need to authenticate to get a JPG.

Tinkering yesterday is is a JPG of the main stream (not substream) and it will be the same size as what you have configured for the main stream which you can adjust using the ONVIF tool or the batch configuration tool.

Tried using onvif0 and onvif1 and that does not work for the substream.

Another option here is to utilize the JPG capture from the Zoneminder sub stream.
Man you are the best . That snapshot url works great in my Domoticz setup. Now i do not have to use my script anymore to capture a snapshot from the rtsp stream.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No people switched from 16V,10VA TO EITHER A 16V,30VA OR 24V,40VA
What kind of chime do you have? Mechanical or Digital? I can only speak for Mechanical, I personally would stay within the same volts, 16v, some people have stated that going from 16 to 24 their Mech. chime became louder, I assume the striking hammer/rod hit harder with more voltage, though many others have not had any problem. One thing we have All found out, each transformer gives off different voltage from what they list, probably the reason my 16v10va is working for me.

I still think this video explains it better then I can:
Transformer Loads Explained
Thanks for reply.
Will have a look at that video this afternoon.
I may install the door bell and see how it goes before will buy a new transformer and if i do will go for the 16v,30va
For sure mine is a mechanical is the old one from the day the house was build in 1994.

Attachments

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for reply.
Will have a look at that video this afternoon.
I may install the door bell and see how it goes before will buy a new transformer and if i do will go for the 16v,30va
For sure mine is a mechanical is the old one from the day the house was build in 1994.
Yeah I would try your existing transformer first. My house was built in 2003 and there are a lot of those 16/10s out there. But if you plan to 24/7 stream your Doorbell feed to a NVR or NAS or PC via Blue Iris, you will most likely need the 16v/30va.

So this is my advise for the install. Go to your breaker panel and TURN OFF POWER, this is very important during install. I had my wife help me find the breaker by her ringing the doorbell while I was at the panel switching off each breaker until I found the right one, took all of a few minutes.

Second tip: Take a picture of the back of your Doorbell, it has your Model#, Serial# and most important your Password (Verification Code) (you will need p/w later).

Third Tip: Before mounting your Doorbell I would test it first. Once you have it connected to your network and see it working on your phone App, what I did is viewed the live stream in the App while checking what angle I needed to mount the Doorbell with.

I would be sure and install the power kit with your Mech. Chime...

If I think of anything else I will post...

Last edited:

RazzMtazz

n3wb
Reaction score
How can i source this doorbell from china, I'm not in a country where its easy to order from the west. I'm looking at aliexpress but only found dahua db11 so far, this is the same device as esviz db1 so either would do.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How can i source this doorbell from china, I'm not in a country where its easy to order from the west. I'm looking at aliexpress but only found dahua db11 so far, this is the same device as esviz db1 so either would do.

So Viet Dzung posted (message# 760) on this thread of a Battery version of the Hikvision Doorbell from China:
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=582222582474 DB2 Battery Doorbell

Might try: https://www.alibaba.com

Not sure if these help you, but if not you could reach out to Viet Dzung through Conversations here, he may be able to help/guide you...

My first post here.
I have read all 38 pages.

I bought EZVIZ DB1 variant, i have just tested it and not install to fix position, i have some Hik-vision cam in my home but this one "super hot", in the bottom it is 65 degree (C) when idle that is the first thing i don't like it, the coolest zone is the bell button, it is about 40 degree. The second things is the built-in chime of the camera could not disable or change the volume, i think it could solve in the firmware.

I use DC 12v 24VA, this one could use both AC/DC, because it use H-bridge diode and voltage stabilize chip (CSDB1 Wi-Fi Doorbell Camera Teardown Internal Photos APPENDIX 1 Hangzhou Ezviz Software).
So if you not use a chime you can user DC for smaller power adapter.

And rest this is a great door bell. I use Home Assistant so this one is the best choice, i can add to it, use automation, sensor and snapshot...

In China they also release EZVIZ DB2 with battery and built-in wireless chime and bigger form too, not sure if it could work outside China https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=582222582474
If you want to test it, find third party purchase, they will buy and forward to you.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just a quickie recap relating to rtsp streams and jpg captures - validated to work so far.

Here testing with VLC. Note this is a repost from David L and the ONVIF updates.

1 - Live view main stream: (need to authenticate)

rxxp://admin:examplepass123!@192.168.1.100:554/Streaming/Channels/101/
rxxp://user:examplepass@192.168.1.100:554/ch1/main/av_stream

2 - Live view main stream: (no authentication requried)

rxxp://192.168.1.100:554/

rxxp://192.168.1.100:554/onvif

3 - Live view sub stream: (need to authenticate)

rxxp://admin:examplepass123!@192.168.1.100:554/Streaming/Channels/102
rxxp://user:examplepass@192.168.1.100:554/ch1/sub/av_stream

4 - JPG capture of main stream: (no need to authenticate)

hxxp://192.168.1.100/onvif/snapshot.jpg (no need to authenticate)

I have not figured out the substream onvif streaming or jpg captures yet...tinkering..

NOTE: Personally I would not open any ports on your firewall to access this camera. That said here utilize IPSec VPN running on my tablets and or phones today to access my home LAN. That is me though.

5 - if disabling the Android (or iOS) apps and removing the camera from the apps noted from above the camera still wants to talk to the cloud apps and I do not see a switch to shut this off via the batch configuration program. Current solution here would be blocking the IP on your firewall.
Specifically it would be IP ==> 49.51.85.228

Wondering if we should make this a sticky next the OP and another sticky with latest firmware for each model camera.

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just a quickie recap relating to rtsp streams and jpg captures - validated to work so far.

Here testing with VLC. Note this is a repost from David L and the ONVIF updates.

1 - Live view main stream: (need to authenticate)

rxxp://admin:examplepass123!@192.168.1.100:554/Streaming/Channels/101/
rxxp://user:examplepass@192.168.1.100:554/ch1/main/av_stream

2 - Live view main stream: (no authentication requried)

rxxp://192.168.1.100:554/

rxxp://192.168.1.100:554/onvif

3 - Live view sub stream: (need to authenticate)

rxxp://admin:examplepass123!@192.168.1.100:554/Streaming/Channels/102
rxxp://user:examplepass@192.168.1.100:554/ch1/sub/av_stream

4 - JPG capture of main stream: (no need to authenticate)

hxxp://192.168.1.100/onvif/snapshot.jpg (no need to authenticate)

I have not figured out the substream onvif streaming or jpg captures yet...tinkering..

NOTE: Personally I would not open any ports on your firewall to access this camera. That said here utilize IPSec VPN running on my tablets and or phones today to access my home LAN. That is me though.

5 - if disabling the Android (or iOS) apps and removing the camera from the apps noted from above the camera still wants to talk to the cloud apps and I do not see a switch to shut this off via the batch configuration program. Current solution here would be blocking the IP on your firewall.
Specifically it would be IP ==> 49.51.85.228

Wondering if we should make this a sticky next the OP and another sticky with latest firmware for each model camera.

Do you think the Doorbell is contacting this IP 49.51.85.228 for push notifications?

hawkeye217

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I've been packet sniffing and trying to determine if there's a way to use port 9010/9020 on these doorbells to adjust settings while keeping the cloud firewalled at my router. Specifically I'd love to be able to enable/disable the IR lights and the LED ring around the button with my own code. When I flip the two config switches for the IR lights and the button LEDs in the Laview app, it seems to be sending encrypted requests back and forth to ec2-18-211-191-2.compute-1.amazonaws.com and ec2-35-172-241-9.compute-1.amazonaws.com which appear to be part of the EZVIZ cloud.

I've already used the Hikvision SDK to change some settings, but there's no documentation of any sort on what function to use to control the LED ring around the button.

My ultimate goal is to keep the LED ring turned off until motion is detected, then turn it on until motion has stopped. I don't want to leave it on all the time. I've found that a lot of people who come up to my door to ring the bell have been pressing on the PIR thinking it's the button.

I emailed EZVIZ's tech support to see if there was a way to toggle the settings without the cloud, but I doubt I'll have much luck with them. Hikvision's support already refused saying that they only provide support for Hikvision branded products.

Anyone make any more progress than I have?

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I've been packet sniffing and trying to determine if there's a way to use port 9010/9020 on these doorbells to adjust settings while keeping the cloud firewalled at my router. Specifically I'd love to be able to enable/disable the IR lights and the LED ring around the button with my own code. When I flip the two config switches for the IR lights and the button LEDs in the Laview app, it seems to be sending encrypted requests back and forth to ec2-18-211-191-2.compute-1.amazonaws.com and ec2-35-172-241-9.compute-1.amazonaws.com which appear to be part of the EZVIZ cloud.

I've already used the Hikvision SDK to change some settings, but there's no documentation of any sort on what function to use to control the LED ring around the button.

My ultimate goal is to keep the LED ring turned off until motion is detected, then turn it on until motion has stopped. I don't want to leave it on all the time. I've found that a lot of people who come up to my door to ring the bell have been pressing on the PIR thinking it's the button.

I emailed EZVIZ's tech support to see if there was a way to toggle the settings without the cloud, but I doubt I'll have much luck with them. Hikvision's support already refused saying that they only provide support for Hikvision branded products.

Anyone make any more progress than I have?
That sounds good, I would love to have that option too. I have disable the LED ring since it is too bright at night, which in my mind will just make the intruder(s) cover their face(s) when they see it, knowing they could be recorded. I will call LaView tomorrow and see what they say. You/we can always Chat online with the other brands too. I got lucky one time with Nelly's, they must of had a Tech guy on Chat that day, they answered all my questions, not like someone in Sales.

Installed my new transformer today, finally, and ran 3 RTSP streams to 3 separate VLC windows, so far so good, rang the doorbell many times to see if any interruption in the streaming, also jumped in and out of the LaView App, on our Android phones too. Only 2 hours into my testing though :), plan on testing for a few days, then PC build should be done next week with Blue Iris. Way, way behind :). We had new carpet installed in our bedrooms, man it was like moving all over again :), so I am still trying to get everything back rearranged and reconnected :)

hawkeye217

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That sounds good, I would love to have that option too. I have disable the LED ring since it is too bright at night, which in my mind will just make the intruder(s) cover their face(s) when they see it, knowing they could be recorded. I will call LaView tomorrow and see what they say. You/we can always Chat online with the other brands too. I got lucky one time with Nelly's, they must of had a Tech guy on Chat that day, they answered all my questions, not like someone in Sales.
Agreed with the intruder and the LED ring being too bright at night. If I could get the bit of code to turn it off/on, I could easily get something set up to automate it in Home Assistant.

And chatting with them is a great idea. I'll see if Ezviz gets back to me via email again... Their initial response was "I've passed your question on to our techs", so that's at least somewhat promising. I'll definitely report back here if I make any more progress with them. If you decide to chat with Laview or any of the others, let us know how it goes!