New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow i think that you are absolutely right. So should i go for 16v 10va? Or directly 30va?

What do you suggest i upgrade to?

Thanks
So that would depend on your Chime. Can you find out what model/type you have?

COtto1984

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So can you tell us which firmware you loaded on your EZVIZ to get the RCA Logo? Does the EZVIZ have a Logo?, if not then just load LaView firmware.
I guess my question is can you let us know what order and what firmware you loaded?

LaView firmware

Thanks
I first turned on the "EZVIZ" logo and then loaded the LaView utilizing the link you provided several pages back which is the same link I believe you have posted above. Once I updated to LaView, the logo automatically changed to "RCA". There was no option in the configuration tool to turn it off, as expected. Then I loaded the EZVIZ firmware you also linked to a ways back in this thread. When I reverted back to EZVIZ, that is when it bricked.

When the new one shows up, I'm going to leave the "EZVIZ" logo off and update to LaView firmware.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So...after an initial nice period, I've become underwhelmed with this doorbell cam. So far I can't get the motion detection to work well at all - either it detected EVERYTHING (any car driving by) with the 9ft setting or nothing at all with the 5 ft setting.

And it keeps freezing up in MotionEye after a period of time or when there's motion.

I knew it couldn't have been as easy as I thought it would be :)
Not sure why you are getting nothing at the 5 foot setting.
With the LaView firmware, the sensitivity settings in Batch Configuration Tool are grayed out. You might check depending which firmware/brand you have.
1576462987010.png

I am not familiar with motionEye but it looks like they are still working on a lot of issues:

The motionEye app is an interface to interact with the motionEye powered, all in one app. This app is completely free to use.

★★★★Read carefully before downloading★★★★

Ongoing issue: Port 8765 won't open, due to the latest chrome update which breaks motionEye streaming on chrome browser and this app. Port 8081, streaming only works fine. To track this issue: Chrome issue but not Safari or Firefox · Issue #1449 · ccrisan/motioneye.

Beta testing link: Sign in - Google Accounts

If there is an issue, before rating the app, please do let us know on our feedback mail id, we shall fix it at once.

⚠ We do not guarantee the working of non-motionEye powered cameras.
⚠ This app does not convert your old phone into a security camera.
⚠ This app does not fully support RTSP cameras yet.
⚠ The developer of this app does not manage the motionEye server-side application. Please visit this link if you are facing any server-side issues: ccrisan/motioneye
⚠ If the app crashes please make sure that android WebView application is updated or try reinstalling the app.
⚠ To access camera outside of your network, please enable port forwarding on your WiFi router. Please check this link: How to reach the cam by internet? · Issue #58 · ccrisan/motioneyeos

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It says trine product. Cant see the model
I see its written 10-16v
Ok then good news then I would get a 16v 30va and you will be good. If you need suggestions, let us know. Amazon has a long list of transformers available.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I first turned on the "EZVIZ" logo and then loaded the LaView utilizing the link you provided several pages back which is the same link I believe you have posted above. Once I updated to LaView, the logo automatically changed to "RCA". There was no option in the configuration tool to turn it off, as expected. Then I loaded the EZVIZ firmware you also linked to a ways back in this thread. When I reverted back to EZVIZ, that is when it bricked.

When the new one shows up, I'm going to leave the "EZVIZ" logo off and update to LaView firmware.
I apologize but I am confused. The Remove RCA Logo trick is Only for those who want to get rid of the RCA Logo. If your EZVIZ did not initially have a Logo then all you need to do is update to the LaView firmware.

Again I apologize for the misunderstanding. The reason the RCA owners had to load the EZVIZ firmware is because they did not have the option to turn off Logo in the RCA firmware using iVMS-4200 or Batch Config. Tool. Once they turned it ON with the EZVIZ firmware loaded they would load LaView firmware where it stayed off. Even the LaView firmware does not have the Logo on/off option. Each firmware is different and enables and disables certain options in their Hikvision tools.

So Yes, if you do not have a Logo showing in your View screen then all you need to do is upgrade to LaView's firmware.

LaView's Firmware build 190716:

1576464079144.png

*** I EDITED THE 101 ***

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok then good news then I would get a 16v 30va and you will be good. If you need suggestions, let us know. Amazon has a long list of transformers available.
Does this looks good?

Maxdot Doorbell Transformer Compatible with Ring Video Doorbell Pro 16v 30va Hardwired Door Chime Transformer Maxdot Doorbell Transformer Compatible with Ring Video Doorbell Pro 16v 30va Hardwired Door Chime Transformer: Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement

Do i have to turn off the main power of just a breaker its on?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does this looks good?

Maxdot Doorbell Transformer Compatible with Ring Video Doorbell Pro 16v 30va Hardwired Door Chime Transformer Maxdot Doorbell Transformer Compatible with Ring Video Doorbell Pro 16v 30va Hardwired Door Chime Transformer: Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement

Do i have to turn off the main power of just a breaker its on?
That looks good, this is the one I ordered and am using:
I understand the $25 or more free shipping though...:)

Just the breaker, not the main. What I did was have my wife ring the doorbell while I turned off each breaker until it rang now more to find it.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
That looks good, this is the one I ordered and am using:
I understand the $25 or more free shipping though...:)

Just the breaker, not the main. What I did was have my wife ring the doorbell while I turned off each breaker until it rang now more to find it.
Ok because it looks like it is connected to the electric panel directly. I did turned off the actual breaker when installed the doorbell but the transformer installation looks weird to me.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok because it looks like it is connected to the electric panel directly. I did turned off the actual breaker when installed the doorbell but the transformer installation looks weird to me.
Can you send us more pictures, if you have to take the panel off the main breaker box, then YES, I would turn off the Main. BUT keep in mind the Wires connecting your Main Breakers is still LIVE.

Example:
1576465977140.png

Necro

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure why you are getting nothing at the 5 foot setting.
With the LaView firmware, the sensitivity settings in Batch Configuration Tool are grayed out. You might check depending which firmware/brand you have.
I have the Ezviz firmware as of now. Outside of an update, I haven't touched anything else - has the motion settings greyed out as well. And yeah, the motion thing is really odd - cars in the street (which is at least 20ft from my front door, if not more) works on the middle setting but when I turn it down one it see's nothing on the sidewalk up to my door that's center image.

Re: MotionEye - it's a frontend to the motion suite of image/motion detection tools (ccrisan/motioneyeos) - the android version is something else or a port I believe. I had 4-5 cameras on it (inside the house, 3 foscam's, 1 Wyze) and it was ok, this one it's choking on. So, trying a few things - using the substream and just put MotionEye onto a Pi4 vs a Pi3b+ with just the doorbell. Will see if it's a processing power vs. network issue now and get it all aligned.

Reaction score
Can you send us more pictures, if you have to take the panel off the main breaker box, then YES, I would turn off the Main. BUT keep in mind the Wires connecting your Main Breakers is still LIVE.

Example:
View attachment 52299
Yes i think i need to take the panel off. Will send pics tomorrow. Thanks for your help. Very appreciated

Tomgar

n3wb
Reaction score
I went ahead and got a replacement EZVIZ DB1 coming from Amazon. Regarding the logo on the video feed, I believe I turned it "on" before I updated to the La View firmware. Thus is went for a EZVIZ to RCA logo. I reckon I need try it with it "off" this go around? I'm trying to avoid having to go back from the La View to EZVIZ firmware since that is when mine got bricked.
HI, In my case I left the DB unpowered for about an hour. I then was able to reset and reload the original firmware.

The other thing I realized was I had left a resistor in the power circuit that was required for the Nelly DB1 without a chime. Things worked a lot better once I removed that.

Now I'm running the latest EZVIZ firmware with out issue. I will be attempting to use one of the other firmware in the future.

Joby619

n3wb
Reaction score
I apologize but I am confused. The Remove RCA Logo trick is Only for those who want to get rid of the RCA Logo. If your EZVIZ did not initially have a Logo then all you need to do is update to the LaView firmware.

Again I apologize for the misunderstanding. The reason the RCA owners had to load the EZVIZ firmware is because they did not have the option to turn off Logo in the RCA firmware using iVMS-4200 or Batch Config. Tool. Once they turned it ON with the EZVIZ firmware loaded they would load LaView firmware where it stayed off. Even the LaView firmware does not have the Logo on/off option. Each firmware is different and enables and disables certain options in their Hikvision tools.

So Yes, if you do not have a Logo showing in your View screen then all you need to do is upgrade to LaView's firmware.

LaView's Firmware build 190716:

View attachment 52297

*** I EDITED THE 101 ***
I too bought the EZVIZ version and uploaded the LaView FW posted from the 101. Using the LaView FW resulted in the RCA logo always on. I am leaving it in for now especially since it might get bricked when trying to reflash. Any idea why flashing the LaView FW results in the RCA logo?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have the Ezviz firmware as of now. Outside of an update, I haven't touched anything else - has the motion settings greyed out as well. And yeah, the motion thing is really odd - cars in the street (which is at least 20ft from my front door, if not more) works on the middle setting but when I turn it down one it see's nothing on the sidewalk up to my door that's center image.

Re: MotionEye - it's a frontend to the motion suite of image/motion detection tools (ccrisan/motioneyeos) - the android version is something else or a port I believe. I had 4-5 cameras on it (inside the house, 3 foscam's, 1 Wyze) and it was ok, this one it's choking on. So, trying a few things - using the substream and just put MotionEye onto a Pi4 vs a Pi3b+ with just the doorbell. Will see if it's a processing power vs. network issue now and get it all aligned.
So I have mine set at 9 feet, have not tried the 5 feet, my porch is about 6 feet long, then a small sidewalk to my driveway which is another 50 feet to the street. I pretty much yet motion when someone is about 10 foot form the Doorbell. Every once in awhile I will get a large truck driving by. I stream 24/7 to Blue Iris so motion is not that big of a deal to me, except for notification, which are instant on this Doorbell. So if someone is walking up to your door the video playback adds 5 secs prior to motion detection, you do get that correct? Or no motion at all?
One thing that is nice about Blue Iris is you can set motion zones there too.
I will set mine to 5 feet for this week and let you know my results.

I was excited when Pi4 got released, I quickly ordered a 4Gig version. I like OSMC, though they still don't have a Pi4 version out yet. motionEye looks interesting, may follow it to see how far they get on the port for Android. Thanks for the info/share...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I too bought the EZVIZ version and uploaded the LaView FW posted from the 101. Using the LaView FW resulted in the RCA logo always on. I am leaving it in for now especially since it might get bricked when trying to reflash. Any idea why flashing the LaView FW results in the RCA logo?
Did you turn Off or On the Logo in the iVMS-4200 or Batch Config. Tool software before you upgraded to LaView firmware?

Joby619

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you turn Off or On the Logo in the iVMS-4200 or Batch Config. Tool software before you upgraded to LaView firmware?
I used iVMS-4200 and did not change a single setting. I just flashed the LaView FW and when it rebooted, it had the RCA logo. Why does the LaView firmware have the RCA logo? What do you think the best way to get rid of the logo? Should I try the LTS FW instead? Thanks for the help.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I used iVMS-4200 and did not change a single setting. I just flashed the LaView FW and when it rebooted, it had the RCA logo. Why does the LaView firmware have the RCA logo? What do you think the best way to get rid of the logo? Should I try the LTS FW instead? Thanks for the help.
No DO NOT do anything yet. Let us figure this out...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So one more question, to get a second confirmation, you did not have an EZVIZ Logo or RCA Logo in your view screen in the App., prior to loading the LaView firmware right?

H0va4life

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone can assistwith my night vision issue?