New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

Joby619

n3wb
Reaction score
So one more question, to get a second confirmation, you did not have an EZVIZ Logo or RCA Logo in your view screen in the App., prior to loading the LaView firmware right?
Correct. I did not show any logos prior to loading the LaView FW.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Re: MotionEye - it's a frontend to the motion suite of image/motion detection tools (ccrisan/motioneyeos) - the android version is something else or a port I believe. I had 4-5 cameras on it (inside the house, 3 foscam's, 1 Wyze) and it was ok, this one it's choking on. So, trying a few things - using the substream and just put MotionEye onto a Pi4 vs a Pi3b+ with just the doorbell. Will see if it's a processing power vs. network issue now and get it all aligned.
I've had my MotionEye running okay on Pi3b+ for over a year now with 6-8 cameras(Dahua, Wyze, Annke, Ezviz, Amcrest, RCA HSDB1&2A doorbell, etc). I don't get the freezing over time that you mention but do get the one second pause with passing fast car but it continues on fine after that. I'm looking to purchase a Pi4(4GB) next year to play with realtime rtsp person detection with coral accelerator as that beta evolves and try migrating my MotionEye over to it if performance is better.

H0va4life

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
By chance is there maybe a wiki providing a quick overall/cheat sheet for all three variants of this doorbell and pros/cons, hacks/tips/tricks?

I just purchased and installed the EZVIZ DB1 version and I believe that there are other firmwares that can be used with it. Any version of FW better?

Is it possible to upload motion recordings to google photos? I don't have any server setup and I want to avoid needing an SDCARD.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
By chance is there maybe a wiki providing a quick overall/cheat sheet for all three variants of this doorbell and pros/cons, hacks/tips/tricks?

I just purchased and installed the EZVIZ DB1 version and I believe that there are other firmwares that can be used with it. Any version of FW better?

Is it possible to upload motion recordings to google photos? I don't have any server setup and I want to avoid needing an SDCARD.
Check out this post: #1,376

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So...after an initial nice period, I've become underwhelmed with this doorbell cam. So far I can't get the motion detection to work well at all - either it detected EVERYTHING (any car driving by) with the 9ft setting or nothing at all with the 5 ft setting.

And it keeps freezing up in MotionEye after a period of time or when there's motion.

I knew it couldn't have been as easy as I thought it would be :)
I have been running Motioneye with the EZviz DB1 for a while now and I am trying to optimize things. I am uploading footage of movement and snapshots (every 5minutes) to a cloudservice (stackstorage) via a webdav-link. My Motioneye is running on a pi 3B+ connected by a ethernet-cable
It froze up from time to time and I saw it after a while freezing up from once a week to once an hour. This was due to the amouint of files in a single folder (>5000). So now I automatically save the snapshots per day and the videoos per month.
It does not freeze anymore (so it seems).
Secondly I see different in behaviiour of Motioney when choosing beteen high-def and ultra-def on the EZVIZ-db1. It looks like it gives smoother videoos when in high-def. But I'm still experimenting.
What does the Guarding Vision ap tell you abot the wifi-signal strength? Here I have -48dBm.

saflang

n3wb
Reaction score
I've gotten myself in a jam and cannot find a solution.
I have an EZVIZ DB1 and had it working well with Blueiris as well but it kept periodically dropping the connection so I went ahead and upgraded the firmware to the LAView (LC-PDB1630-U) with the Batch software. But once I reset the device I tried to re-connect using both the EZVIZ app and the LAVIEW ONE app but both complain that the device WiFi name no longer matches. It's looking for WifiEZVIZ_D663xxxx instead of it's new name which is Laview_D663xxxx thus it will not configure automatically or manually.
At first I thought it was just that the password was incorrect, but I figured that out. Instead of being EZVIZ_xxxxxx it's now Laview_xxxxxx.
So how do I get past this stage ???

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
With regard to motion...... After about a week of running the OEM software, I ended up turning the motion notification off from the OEM software because I was also getting all sorts of notification for every little movement or car that passed by.

I use Blue Iris and and have one camera instance with a fairly normal motion detection set up for recording (basically it records any motion at all). I then created a clone of the camera in the BI system and set up a much more limiting motion detection system set up where motion is only triggered when an object gets within a couple of feet of the door. I don't record at all with this "second camera", but have it set up to send me a text with a picture attached. It actually works great because by the time the motion is triggered on this second, more limiting motion detection settings, a person is almost to the door and the text image is exactly what I am looking for - a full frame image of the person at the door.

I actually like getting a text message better than a notification on the OEM software too as it is quicker to see the image of who is at the door. It actually shows the image in my notifications so I don't even have to open the text app to view it. I set the notification ring to be a "Ding Dong" for that text address so it is different from any other incoming text notification. I also send text notifications to all the family, including my children, who don't really need the OEM software installed on their phones. They just need to see who is at the door.

In my situation, this solution is 100% better than using the OEM software. If you use Blue Iris or a similar system and find the stock OEM motion events to be annoying, I suggest you try setting up notifications like this and drop the OEM motion notifications completely.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Quick question while im trying to get the chime working.
Is there a way to answer a call on nest hub or alexa show ?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
EZVIZ DB1 New Owners: Please DO NOT Upgrade to LaView's firmware until we can figure this RCA Logo issue out first (Unless you can live with the RCA Logo)...

Here is what we need to start to address the EZVIZ DB1 RCA Logo issue for those who, after upgrading to LaView's firmware, are getting a RCA Logo in their Live View Screen in the EZVIZ App.

ANYONE who has just recently purchased an EZVIZ DB1 from Amazon (taking advantage of the low under $100 price), and HAS NOT upgraded to LaView's firmware or changed any settings in iVMS-4200 or Batch Config. Tool, please post their firmware version (you can find it in the EZVIZ App under Settings)

Also, if you can look in iVMS-4200 or Batch Configuration Tool under Remote Configuration/Image/Video Display and see if the Logo is checked On or Off, I am limited in helping here since I own a LaView and do not have the Logo option.

1576515601702.png

Someone here found the trick (Posted in the 101) awhile back to remove the RCA Logo from their RCA DB so I am sure we will find a fix to this.

THANK YOU...

IPCamo

n3wb
Reaction score
EZVIZ DB1 New Owners: Please DO NOT Upgrade to LaView's firmware until we can figure this RCA Logo issue out first (Unless you can live with the RCA Logo)...

Here is what we need to start to address the EZVIZ DB1 RCA Logo issue for those who, after upgrading to LaView's firmware, are getting a RCA Logo in their Live View Screen in the EZVIZ App.

ANYONE who has just recently purchased an EZVIZ DB1 from Amazon (taking advantage of the low under $100 price), and HAS NOT upgraded to LaView's firmware or changed any settings in iVMS-4200 or Batch Config. Tool, please post their firmware version (you can find it in the EZVIZ App under Settings)

Also, if you can look in iVMS-4200 or Batch Configuration Tool under Remote Configuration/Image/Video Display and see if the Logo is checked On or Off, I am limited in helping here since I own a LaView and do not have the Logo option.

View attachment 52318

Someone here found the trick (Posted in the 101) awhile back to remove the RCA Logo from their RCA DB so I am sure we will find a fix to this.

THANK YOU...
I have one arriving today, so if nobody beats me to it, I'll have that info in the next couple of hours.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have one arriving today, so if nobody beats me to it, I'll have that info in the next couple of hours.
So if you don't mine share even if someone beats you to it, we can compare what firmware is being loaded on these DBs. Are you getting the Amazon deal?
Thank You...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've gotten myself in a jam and cannot find a solution.
I have an EZVIZ DB1 and had it working well with Blueiris as well but it kept periodically dropping the connection so I went ahead and upgraded the firmware to the LAView (LC-PDB1630-U) with the Batch software. But once I reset the device I tried to re-connect using both the EZVIZ app and the LAVIEW ONE app but both complain that the device WiFi name no longer matches. It's looking for WifiEZVIZ_D663xxxx instead of it's new name which is Laview_D663xxxx thus it will not configure automatically or manually.
At first I thought it was just that the password was incorrect, but I figured that out. Instead of being EZVIZ_xxxxxx it's now Laview_xxxxxx.
So how do I get past this stage ???
Tomgar and COtto1984 have/had a simular issue, I would search this thread for their post:

1576516557586.png

Attachments

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Quick question while im trying to get the chime working.
Is there a way to answer a call on nest hub or alexa show ?
So, there is not a short answer for this. Some here have mentioned being able to but not easily, for me that is. Once we gather more info on what is needed to get this to work I will post in the 101.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone can assistwith my night vision issue?

I am sure someone here could assist, all i can say is look to see if you can adjust any settings with either of the below programs:

iVMS-4200 or Batch Configuration Tool

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
With regard to motion...... After about a week of running the OEM software, I ended up turning the motion notification off from the OEM software because I was also getting all sorts of notification for every little movement or car that passed by.

I use Blue Iris and and have one camera instance with a fairly normal motion detection set up for recording (basically it records any motion at all). I then created a clone of the camera in the BI system and set up a much more limiting motion detection system set up where motion is only triggered when an object gets within a couple of feet of the door. I don't record at all with this "second camera", but have it set up to send me a text with a picture attached. It actually works great because by the time the motion is triggered on this second, more limiting motion detection settings, a person is almost to the door and the text image is exactly what I am looking for - a full frame image of the person at the door.

I actually like getting a text message better than a notification on the OEM software too as it is quicker to see the image of who is at the door. It actually shows the image in my notifications so I don't even have to open the text app to view it. I set the notification ring to be a "Ding Dong" for that text address so it is different from any other incoming text notification. I also send text notifications to all the family, including my children, who don't really need the OEM software installed on their phones. They just need to see who is at the door.

In my situation, this solution is 100% better than using the OEM software. If you use Blue Iris or a similar system and find the stock OEM motion events to be annoying, I suggest you try setting up notifications like this and drop the OEM motion notifications completely.
I have to try this, very impressive...Thank You...

saflang

n3wb
Reaction score
Tomgar and COtto1984 have/had a simular issue, I would search this thread for their post:

View attachment 52321
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Used iVMS-4200 to reload in the EZVIZ firmware and I was able to reconnect via the APP and BlueIris. Strange how others can change the firmware to LaView and have things work as they should and I was not.