New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Was wondering if ya’ll could take a quick look at a sample video from my doorbell and let me know what you think of the video quality. To me, it seems like the bit rate might be a bit too low (because of some of them fuzz), but I wasn’t able to increase that using the Batch tool or iVMS.

rafale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Was wondering if ya’ll could take a quick look at a sample video from my doorbell and let me know what you think of the video quality. To me, it seems like the bit rate might be a bit too low (because of some of them fuzz), but I wasn’t able to increase that using the Batch tool or iVMS.

Did you try setting the bit rate higher? Are you running on 5GHz wifi or 2.4GHz?
Mine is setup at 2048Kbps. It's done through iVMS4200

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

You might try turning off WDR, or at least play with it's settings...Looked like it was turning Off/On a few times trying to adjust background lighting...

Last edited:

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Has anyone confirmed PIR works with laview (or any) firmware? I can't get it to trigger blue iris:

None of these events incremebt when I trigger the PIR sensor (make the camera beep by covering the PIR sensor with my hand)

1576943589048.png

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nevermind got it to work, make sure you set the ONVIF port to 80 BEFORE clicking Inspect, once that comes back check the Get ONVIF trigger events and Use PullPointSubscription and it started working.

1576944511244.png

rafale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You guys made me go test the ONVIF functionality on my QNAP QVR pro and the PIR does not appear to work. Setting up the camera as ONVIF did allow me to access both RTSP streams and gave me the ability to parameter the both of them surprisingly up to full resolution and 30fps and 3mbps.

Still tinkering further with it and managed to make it show on the echo show by getting the QVR pro to proxy the stream and setting up that stream to monocle... Yeah! no more cloud! It is now a local stream.

Last edited:

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You guys made me go test the ONVIF functionality on my QNAP QVR pro and the PIR does not appear to work. Setting up the camera as ONVIF did allow me to access both RTSP streams and gave me the ability to parameter the both of them surprisingly up to full resolution and 30fps and 3mbps.

Still tinkering further with it and managed to make it show on the echo show by getting the QVR pro to proxy the stream and setting up that stream to monocle... Yeah! no more cloud! It is now a local stream.
Was your doorbell an Ezviz DB1or one of the doorbell variants? If so, could you do a quick test to see if you can enable Ezviz Skills in Alexa, perform a discovery, see if your doorbell shows up, and test "show xxx(doorbell camera name)? Only way for me on my Echo Show 8 to see live stream was using built-in firefox browser to view the MotionEye feed I had setup for all my tablets which is not as streamlined as being able to speak "show doorbell".

rafale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Mine is an RCA. Going through the alexa skill for discovery would mean that the stream goes through the cloud which is a big no-no for me so I will not do that. That's why I used the monocle skill.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Mine is an RCA. Going through the alexa skill for discovery would mean that the stream goes through the cloud which is a big no-no for me so I will not do that. That's why I used the monocle skill.
Okay, not a problem. I've been using local MotionEye solution for over a year now.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Received my Ezviz db1 today and just went through the setup on my bench. Upgraded to V5.2.4 Build 190708. Now I have a couple of questions.

1. In the app I only get Standard and Hi Def choices, I do not get the Ultra Def.
2. Using the Batch program what password is it looking for? The one on the QR code?

Thanks, Bob

DB1 in batch_LI.jpg

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Received my Ezviz db1 today and just went through the setup on my bench. Upgraded to V5.2.4 Build 190708. Now I have a couple of questions.

1. In the app I only get Standard and Hi Def choices, I do not get the Ultra Def.
2. Using the Batch program what password is it looking for? The one on the QR code?

Thanks, Bob

View attachment 52691
1. Are you using the EZVIZ App?
2. The Verification Code on the back of your Doorbell. It is usually a 6 digit Capital code/password.

This should help:
DOORBELL 101

Reaction score
Hi

I finally got my chime working thanks to David L.
I changed the low voltage transfo with a 16v 30va and everything works perfectly so far.

Now in terms of private storage what do you suggest? I tried to add it to tinycam pro but no success. I guess thats something to do with the firmware ?

Thanks

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
1. Are you using the EZVIZ App?
2. The Verification Code on the back of your Doorbell. It is usually a 6 digit Capital code/password.

This should help:
DOORBELL 101
Yes I am using the EZVIZ app, I was in the wrong place on the app. I was in the Function Settings/Lan live view area and it would not allow for Ultra HD. Once I clicked on the icon of the doorbell on the main screen I was in the live view and able to select the Ultra setting.

Is there any way to change the password for the camera and not have it bite me in the ass at some point later? I have not tried to add to BI yet, want to wait till I get more comfortable with the camera and get it installed. (Set up on bench now)

I have gone through the 101, great job in putting that together!!

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi

I changed the low voltage transfo with a 16v 30va and everything works perfectly so far.

Now in terms of private storage what do you suggest? I tried to add it to tinycam pro but no success. I guess thats something to do with the firmware ?

Thanks
Wow, I come home from work and thank you...glad to be of help...
You know the thanks goes to many, many here. The 101 is from about 90% users here and 10% me. I just kept notes and compiled the 101 to help new owners with the basics, install, setup. Most of the more advanced questions I am unable to answer. As I get more confirmed info, I plan to add several sections to the 101. We hope to move it to a wiki or a new Thread one day, waiting on what Mike suggests.

I run SmartThings and hope to run Home Assistant or Hass.io one day. For now I am using Blue Iris on a PC recording 24/7. You have several options, you can record on a NVR, or NAS (Synology or QNAP), you can rely on the SD-Card and download footage as you need it (this is already one of your private storage's). When I first got my Doorbell I had the same question, actually still do :), not sure what I will permanently do but I Really like BI and all of it's options since I plan to add some outdoor cameras in the near future...

I looked into tinyCam awhile back (nice) and I ran across a Forum which I saw a few of our users from this Forum here offering their Doorbells for testing. Might of been the Forum here on IPCAMTALK, I can't remember.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes I am using the EZVIZ app, I was in the wrong place on the app. I was in the Function Settings/Lan live view area and it would not allow for Ultra HD. Once I clicked on the icon of the doorbell on the main screen I was in the live view and able to select the Ultra setting.

Is there any way to change the password for the camera and not have it bite me in the ass at some point later? I have not tried to add to BI yet, want to wait till I get more comfortable with the camera and get it installed. (Set up on bench now)

I have gone through the 101, great job in putting that together!!
Glad you found the Ultra HD. The reported problem with changing the password is when you change Apps and re-register to another cloud. I have personally not changed my password so I don't have the answer. You may want to find the App you like first. If you run BI, most here would suggest you upgrade to LaView or Nelly's for the ONFIV integration. Since you are running 190708 build you should not have any problem.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks
So did you change the trans, yourself? You had to remove the panel right? Good job...