New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As long as you're in there... I see in that post you have sample URLs for the RTSP feeds. If you want a still image (such as when recording who pressed the button), this URL kicks out a single JPG at the time of the call: http://<IP.address>/onvif/snapshot
Thanks, so I added the Frenck Relay, started an OTHER HARDWARE TO CONSIDER: section under the Software section. I will put other relays here too, just need to go back on the messages and gather any listed.

Thanks for the snapshot info, I went back on the 101 to make it was still there since the move:

To Obtain a live JPG Snap Shot, enter this URL in your browser (you do not need to add :554 port number with your IP Address) - pete_c
http://<IP Address>/onvif/snapshot.jpg
ex.

Thanks Chris

Reaction score
Doh. It was already in there. Awesome! I beat my head on the wall for a while before I found that url when I was trying to add this device into Home Assistant. Thanks for putting that page together. Helps a super lot. I'm hoping to get HA integration working clean enough that I ditch the doorbell's app (and chinese cloud service that drives it) and instead use HA's app to answer (and unlock) the door. I got trust issues. I don't want devices like that being accessible from other countries.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Doh. It was already in there. Awesome! I beat my head on the wall for a while before I found that url when I was trying to add this device into Home Assistant. Thanks for putting that page together. Helps a super lot. I'm hoping to get HA integration working clean enough that I ditch the doorbell's app (and chinese cloud service that drives it) and instead use HA's app to answer (and unlock) the door. I got trust issues. I don't want devices like that being accessible from other countries.
I am with you Fully on the trust issues. Until you get it all setup I would just be sure to use a VPN when using your phone App to communicate with your DB.
I want to add a HA section, but as you know there is a lot involved. Instead of a step-by-step guide (which would have too many variables) I think some basic links (Ingredients, like for cooking :) ) will be listed with maybe a basic diagram. Any help here would be very much appreciated since I am a SmartThings kinda guy, haha, simple minded...

digdoug

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I read all of the new posts since I last posted. I have the EZVIZ DB1 with LaView firmware installed. When I was here last, everything was functioning normally and I was recording to my Lorex NVR. The video quality was on the NVR wasn't as good as viewing it through the EZVIZ app, but at least it was working.

I haven't changed anything with my setup and I am running into issues. I don't know if it corresponds with the available new EZVIZ software or not. I have not changed the firmware.

Sometimes when I try to view the live feed in the EZVIZ app I get the message "Video play failed, error code 245452." If I close the app and go back, sometimes it works.

My NVR is no longer able to record the ONVIF stream.

Before I start screwing with things, I wanted to see if you guys had any thoughts.

Capture%2B_2020-01-14-02-03-01.jpgCapture%2B_2020-01-14-02-02-12.jpg20200110_220104_HDR.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

croustx

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All !

I have a note10 with Android 10 and the EZviz app on my phone.

When I press the button on the doorbell, my phone is not ringing.

But it work when the app is launched on the screen.

Do you know how to fix that ? I can't find any "background restriction" anymore on Android 10 ...

phatboyj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All !

Do you know how to fix that ? I can't find any "background restriction" anymore on Android 10 ...
Look for battery optimization settings they are usually on a per app bases at least that is how it is on earlier android versions I personally don't have any experience using android 10 but i don't imagine the settings have changed much.

KlaverBoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am really interested in knowing more about this. Is there any way you could link me to something or help me understand it more? Even to add it to the 101.
I'm one of the members who uses a relay instead of a mechanical or digital chime. I'm using a 24v relay because of the 24v trafo. When the Ezviz DB1 button is pressed it switches the relay. And the relay triggers a 433mhz transmitter. That signal is picked up by the home automation system, i'm using Domoticz for that. When the signal comes in i can do anything what i want with it. For example i send a new signal to my zwave doorbell. And it creates a snapshot from the onvif stream and sends it via Pushover (android app) to my mobile. I do not use the Ezviz app at all. I used it only for the initial setup of the doorbell, i deleted it afterwards.

For surveillance i'm using my Synology NAS.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I read all of the new posts since I last posted. I have the EZVIZ DB1 with LaView firmware installed. When I was here last, everything was functioning normally and I was recording to my Lorex NVR. The video quality was on the NVR wasn't as good as viewing it through the EZVIZ app, but at least it was working.

I haven't changed anything with my setup and I am running into issues. I don't know if it corresponds with the available new EZVIZ software or not. I have not changed the firmware.

Sometimes when I try to view the live feed in the EZVIZ app I get the message "Video play failed, error code 245452." If I close the app and go back, sometimes it works.

My NVR is no longer able to record the ONVIF stream.

Before I start screwing with things, I wanted to see if you guys had any thoughts.

View attachment 53875View attachment 53876View attachment 53877

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Try a live stream in VLC

⦁ RTSP Streaming for VLC (VideoLAN Media Player) Under Media/Open Network Stream (Ctrl+N)...Enter your RTSP Link/Info for Live Video Stream

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm one of the members who uses a relay instead of a mechanical or digital chime. I'm using a 24v relay because of the 24v trafo. When the Ezviz DB1 button is pressed it switches the relay. And the relay triggers a 433mhz transmitter. That signal is picked up by the home automation system, i'm using Domoticz for that. When the signal comes in i can do anything what i want with it. For example i send a new signal to my zwave doorbell. And it creates a snapshot from the onvif stream and sends it via Pushover (android app) to my mobile. I do not use the Ezviz app at all. I used it only for the initial setup of the doorbell, i deleted it afterwards.

For surveillance i'm using my Synology NAS.
What model Relay do you use? Wanting to list a few Relays in the 101 for those looking for one. I will do a USA section and than an Other section for the different power standards. Thanks.
Oh also your transmitter...Thanks

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All !

I have found this to be a random issue. There are days it works 100%, then days 50%, then days 30%. I did a few test on my S7 Android pushing button 10 times to get the percentages.
@flynreelow cleaned up his phone and it fixed it for him. I need to clean mine, maybe it will fix mine too.

KlaverBoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What model Relay do you use? Wanting to list a few Relays in the 101 for those looking for one. I will do a USA section and than an Other section for the different power standards. Thanks.
Relay: Finder 22.21.8.024.4000 (I've attached the specsheet with this post)
433mhz transmitter: kaku ACDB-7000B . This transmitter is normally used if you have a wired doorbell connected to a chime and you want to make it wireless.

Attachments

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Relay: Finder 22.21.8.024.4000 (I've attached the specsheet with this post)
433mhz transmitter: kaku ACDB-7000B . This transmitter is normally used if you have a wired doorbell connected to a chime and you want to make it wireless.
Thank You...

Seebes

n3wb
Reaction score
I have found this to be a random issue. There are days it works 100%, then days 50%, then days 30%. I did a few test on my S7 Android pushing button 10 times to get the percentages.
@flynreelow cleaned up his phone and it fixed it for him. I need to clean mine, maybe it will fix mine too.

I am also having this issue. Pixel 3a. My wife's iPhone rings immediately but not mine. I did not have this issue or at least I didn't notice it on the older camera firmware. Can anyone verify this?
I'll check out the link posted about cleaning your phone

Ford

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Dave

Here is the one I use....

so cheap and works great! Prime too.

I use a Insteon door switch (has terminals for an external switch) to capture the doorbell press. There are plenty of Z wave door switches that also have the terminals for an extra switch.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Dave, things are going great!

Waiting for a turn key solution to show the RCA doorbell video on the nest home. :)
Yeah, I jumped ship and bought an EZVIZ DB1 since it has both Alexa and Google support. I did get Alexa to work on my LaView but not Google Assistant.

Notice they went back up to $120, they were as low as $89 during the Holidays:

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Some quick questions.. i had a look but could not work it out...

1. Is there any way to turn off the IR for night mode?

2. really want to bump down the exposure to 1/50 for night and 1/250 for day - is that possible?

3. Want to have WDR on at night and off at day.. is that possible?

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Some quick questions.. i had a look but could not work it out...

1. Is there any way to turn off the IR for night mode?

2. really want to bump down the exposure to 1/50 for night and 1/250 for day - is that possible?

3. Want to have WDR on at night and off at day.. is that possible?
1.you can switch off th ir-led in the app
2 Idont think so.
3. Yeah that would be nice. But did not find it yet

Jack007

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using this relay (see picture: Finder 39.11.0.012.x060, in parallel with the powerkit).
The relay and DB1 are powered over a 12 V AC (15VA) transformer.
The relay activates a 433 MHz transmitter: ACDB-7000BC Draadloze Deurbel Set | KlikAanKlikUit.
I use RFLink and Domoticz to pick up the transmitter.
20200110_145145.jpg