New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is my first post in this forum. Before I found this very informative forum and thread II bought a DS-HD1 Hikvision through Adorama.
Thank y'all and the nice info in the 101 I was able to install and configure the camera in my GW 78series DVR/NVR through rstp with main ans sub streams
For some unknown reason I'm not able to record this particular channel in the DVR. and I am thinking is due to the firmware v 191017. or some kind of resolution problem in the DVR.
I can see the camera through Laview One app and also the DVR in certain settings (resolution of camera.
Has anyone here changed the firmware on DS-HD1 to Laview Onvif firmware?, which might be by best alternative...
Thanks for your responses in advance.
So until your post, I have only found one other user posting about the DS-HD1, he stated he tried all combinations of firmwares, not sure which ones, you might want to reach out to him. Please let us know your results, thank you...
Mtoo22

1581771293422.png

Viet Dzung

n3wb
Reaction score
Googling the Hikvision site this morning saw a link to the Hikvision DS-HD1. First time I have seen this. No firmware updates on the Hikvision Portal.

DS-HD1

DS-HD1 DataSheet
Great news, if we can use DS-HD1 firmware, so i can enable still image for the EZVIZ, i am not flash other firmware because it could brick.
It look like our doorbell in the specs

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I see a help video showed up in Jan. 2022 for the setup/install and Hik-Vision App of the DS-HD1 Few things I like/learned. Using Airplane Mode upon install, I remember doing this when WeMo devices first came out. Also the PIR range has different zones in the Hik-Vision App than in the LaView ONE or EZVIZ App. Do these actually work? I can only pick all 16ft, all 9ft and all 5ft, not individual slices.

1581777816453.png1581778158862.png1581778198951.png

Last edited:

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No mention of new / old firmware on the EU portal. Just the old Hikvision (first generation) doorbell firmware.
euportal.jpg

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm wondering if Hikvision download portal is region specific like Dahua. I would only be able to see older FW files approved for USA since I'm in the USA and others have been able to get around that by using VPN to switch to other regions before they can download the newer files usually in Europe or Asia.

I contacted Hikvision support back in first week in January about their newly released DS-HD1 variant and was informed doorbell does not support Alexa at release BUT left the door open saying things can change in the future. Thus I ordered an Ezviz DB1 last month for my in-laws house rather than wait for DS-HD1 to be fully enabled.

CHuntMD

n3wb
Reaction score
Found the solution to the sd card having to be reinit and then over night I would get a an alternating red ring blinking and solid.
It's been working great the last two days.

Solution: Actually looking and testing the transformer. It was only putting out half the v & va and it was a cheap 1991 builder's grade transformer.
Swapped it out for a 16v 30va from HD, all problems gone. Significant weight and size difference.
Old_transformer.jpgnew_transformer.jpgNew_vs_old_transformer.jpg

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here not using any mobile apps (EZViz et al) except for iVMS4200. I am not connected to the cloud.

That is why I switched from using the Ring to the Hikvision doorbell.

The doorbell button is connected to my alarm panel such that I get a text when someone rings the doorbell.

There is also an Optex combo camera / PIR (legacy wired) outside of the front door.

To look at the event I VPN to home while runing iVMS4200 and see events and live views just fine.

Viet Dzung

n3wb
Reaction score
I see a help video showed up in Jan. 2022 for the setup/install and Hik-Vision App of the DS-HD1 Few things I like/learned. Using Airplane Mode upon install, I remember doing this when WeMo devices first came out. Also the PIR range has different zones in the Hik-Vision App than in the LaView ONE or EZVIZ App. Do these actually work? I can only pick all 16ft, all 9ft and all 5ft, not individual slices.

View attachment 55591View attachment 55592View attachment 55593
It is software error, i remember ealier version of ezeviz or labview ui like this, but the PIR just a single sensor (you can see in fccid) it could not support such settings

phatboyj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I too am a fan of how they styled their face plates, with the exception of the all black one,
but, Does the,
DS-HD1
have feature support for, any, all, or, none, of the following?
Amazon, Google, ONVIF

Thanks in Advance

phatboyj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The discussion on PIR Zones lead me to, doing a Google search for,
multi-zone PIR sensor
This lead me to the following result,
How PIRs Work
and, after reading, I'm on the fence as to weather the statement made by,
@Viet Dzung
in his post,
#2,597
is 100% accurate, because after reading about how the PIR's work it looks, as if a single PIR, actually contains two sensors, within it and then with the use of a
Fresnel lense:
The PIR's Zoning capabilities get multiplied.
So, I'm not sure that multiple PIR's are actually needed to provide the functionality suggested by the app that,
@David L
pointed out in his post,
#2,592

Please note that this is completely, speculative on my part, and I, am in no way trying to provoke argument.

Last edited:

Bunnyusa

n3wb
Reaction score
So until your post, I have only found one other user posting about the DS-HD1, he stated he tried all combinations of firmwares, not sure which ones, you might want to reach out to him. Please let us know your results, thank you...
Mtoo22

View attachment 55584
Hi, I've got the same same same camera but I have not been able to configure it as ONVIF, only as rtsp. Did you tested the LAview firmware?gw.jpgonvif no connect.jpg