New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, ONVIF use the same as http port unless it was configured to use a different port.

UPnP don't need to be either disabled or enabled for the doorbell to work if using cloud based app (scan barcode) service. But those required ports should not be blocked by the firewall if you are using your own app or recording to a hardware such as NVR.

The doorbell cloud I believe will create a network tunnel layer so it can directly communicate with the doorbell through the firewall. It's similar what VPN does but the tunneling on VPN is encrypted and cloud tunneling may or may not be encrypted because it only used to bypass a firewall policy which the doorbell is behind to communicate with.

I agree that you do not have to disable UPnP for this doorbel, but for security reasons it is always a good idea to disable UPnP in your router.

Jack007

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I upgraded Ezviz app to 4.1.2 this morning
As it looks like iOS is 2 software revisions ahead of Android (V4.1.0.0117 updated 17/01/2010).
However, looking through the "Whats new"; iOS V4.1.0. seems to be identical to iOS V4.1.1. Both iOS versions seem to match Android V4.1.0.0117. Weird.

Feb 24, 2020
    Support our new doorbell and chime.
    Feb 14, 2020
    1. Optimized the UI design on home page for Doorbell and Door Viewer.
    2. Supported to filter alarm messages by date, device and message type.
    3. Now the device firmware could be upgraded automatically if enabled.
    4. Support some new features for smart home cameras.
    Jan 17, 2020

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As it looks like iOS is 2 software revisions ahead of Android (V4.1.0.0117 updated 17/01/2010).
However, looking through the "Whats new"; iOS V4.1.0. seems to be identical to iOS V4.1.1. Both iOS versions seem to match Android V4.1.0.0117. Weird.

Feb 24, 2020
I wonder what the new doorbell's hardware will be be based on. Anyone knows of new Hikvision products released?

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Feb 24, 2020
    Feb 14, 2020
    Jan 17, 2020
Yeah, I noticed the slight variances(v4.1.1.0221 shown on my android phones Feb 21, 2020)

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Need your help: I'm using the latest ezviz android app v4.1.1.0221 and in the settings, I can't see the doorbell options anymore. I wanted to switch from electronic chime to mechanical one to test a new sensor but can't find the submenu anymore.

Can anybody tell me if the option is there in your installed app, and, if so, which version of the app is it and where exactly you find the doorbell options menu?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Need your help: I'm using the latest ezviz android app v4.1.1.0221 and in the settings, I can't see the doorbell options anymore. I wanted to switch from electronic chime to mechanical one to test a new sensor but can't find the submenu anymore.

Can anybody tell me if the option is there in your installed app, and, if so, which version of the app is it and where exactly you find the doorbell options menu?

Thanks a lot for any help.
I'm pretty sure you have to go thru the registration process again to get to that option in the newer versions of these apps.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't see that on the latest ezviz iPhone app either .. Guess it auto now and not needed anymore .. it did mentioned about new doorbell and chime support

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Don't see that on the latest ezviz iPhone app either .. Guess it auto now and not needed anymore .. it did mentioned about new doorbell and chime support
Yes, probably they reorganized things. They really don't think about existing users before messing things up for new devices/functionalities.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Last time I used the option was 2-3 weeks ago. So it must have been the latest update. These guys are totally nuts.
Yes, it was on the older versions of apps but was removed recently. Their developers probably reviewed the data from the cloud for app users and seeing the chime option would've been setup initially and barely anyone goes back into that setting to upgrade from mechanical->digital or no chime... That real estate maybe went to the disable outdoor sound option.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, it was on the older versions of apps but was removed recently. Their developers probably reviewed the data from the cloud for app users and seeing the chime option would've been setup initially and barely anyone goes back into that setting to upgrade from mechanical->digital or no chime... That real estate maybe went to the disable outdoor sound option.
Well, it's true that the power-kit should be installed in both configurations (mechanical/electronic), but there was a timing setting that was useful for debugging sensors. Hope they reintroduce it.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, it's true that the power-kit should be installed in both configurations (mechanical/electronic), but there was a timing setting that was useful for debugging sensors. Hope they reintroduce it.
Probably only way they'll bring it back is when customers start to make rumblings to their Tech Support. Better would be include that option in iVMS/Batch Config/Ezviz Studio for power users.

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Probably only way they'll bring it back is when customers start to make rumblings to their Tech Support. Better would be include that option in iVMS/Batch Config/Ezviz Studio for power users.
Yes the switch also disapeared in ios from version 4.1.1 to 4.1.2

Jack007

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As far as i can see the setting for the mechanical chime (a short with a fixed duration) was only a special case of the setting for the electronic chime (a short with a variable duration setting between 1-5 sec). So the chime type setting did not add anything special and will not be missed.

As for the variable duration setting; they fixed it at around 2 sec.

I can imagine that under certain circumstances it comes in handy to have some control over this parameter.
I agree with Pilot04; they should expose this property again somewhere.

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As far as i can see the setting for the mechanical chime (a short with a fixed duration) was only a special case of the setting for the electronic chime (a short with a variable duration setting between 1-5 sec). So the chime type setting did not add anything special and will not be missed.

As for the variable duration setting; they fixed it at around 2 sec.

I can imagine that under certain circumstances it comes in handy to have some control over this parameter.
I agree with Pilot04; they should expose this property again somewhere.
I see that my guardian vision app is still showing this option. I dont know if it works, but it is worth to try. You dont have to delete the device from the ezviz app. Just use the same credentials in the gv ap

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok guys, this might be interesting for some of you.
I was figuring out a way to get a notification in Home Assistant or whatever when the button is pushed.

In the end I used another small device to acomplish this:
Doorbell Modernizr

It worked perfectly with my oldschool doorbell, but with the Ezviz I got continously false triggers.
Soldered a 3K3 resistance between 3.3v and input and now it works! (Old resistor was 10K).
Thanks a lot for this solution. Yesterday I installed the modernizr, but it was continuously switching on/off with the DB1. I reinstalled the SAGE sensor and started to look online for somebody with the same problem. Glad to have found it in this thread. :)

I wrote you in private for some more details.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Decided to add Alexa voice to my recently installed Sage doorbell sensor. Previously only had push notifications but kids phone didn't have doorbell app so have added Alexa voice notification that visitor has pressed front doorbell via Echo Speaks to the bedroom echo dots/shows. Best $5 purchase to compliment the doorbell if running home automation.

Wondering when will Ezviz have media release on that "Support our new doorbell and chime." update in the latest app. I'll consider upgrading to Ezviz variant this go round so that I'm guaranteed Alexa/Google integration.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
The recent version EZVIZ app was still hit and miss for me on notifications so I went back to GV app again.