New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

danli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Shitty cloud based implementation of the skill.
Probably. But I guess that putting the stream into a container accepted by Chromecast and filling up the streaming buffer adds to the "delay"

brad_g

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm running openHAB with many different devices and thought it would be really cool to integrate the camera too.
Hi Riaz,
Great to hear about your success.

I have been running OpenHAB for a number of years, so I was very happy to see when matt1 over on community.openhab.org released the IpCamera binding. Here is a link to the post about the binding.

Unfortunately the binding did not work with these doorbells. But I have been working with matt1 over the last few months, and the latest beta code of the binding works very (very) well. There are a few minor kinks, but it is completely usable as it is now. I was waiting until the binding came out of Beta before I posted something here, but when I saw your post, I thought I would let you know about it. It would be great if you could give the binding a try to see if you spot any issues.

I am using the binding along with the Pushover action to push 8 second GIFs to my iOS device whenever I get motion alarms from the doorbell.

Glad you found a solution for the doorbell button press. It is such a pain that HikVision does not make this available on an ONVIF channel.

brad_g

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ha :)

The ideal use case for me would be to turn on and off the LEDs when motion was detected by the PIR, making it more obvious that the PIR was not actually the ring button. Most of my visitors have figured it out by now, though...
Earlier there was a post about being able to separate the colored plastic disc on the doorbell button from the cover assembly, and then swapping the disk for a lighter colored one. I did that with my EZViz, swapping to a white doorbell button on a black case. So far no thumb prints on the PIR sensor, so that seems to have worked. The field of "human factors" is really interesting...

brad_g

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm trying to change my firmware from EZVIZ to HikVision. After uploading and rebooting the device don't know how to change my SSID back to the standard EZVIZ.
I tried it with BatchConfigTool but I don't see any option.

How did you do it?
When you change FW, the SSID changes from EZVIZ_[sticker_code] to softap_[sticker_code]. You can't and shouldn't change the SSID of the doorbell back to the EZVIZ SSID. Just connect your mobile device to the softap_[sticker_code] SSID in order to complete the configuration. Once you tell the doorbell about your local network SSID, the doorbell SSID disappears and you are done with that part of the configuration.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
David,
A friend of mine names his 'FBIMINIVAN'
Lol, yeah there was one in our neighborhood once with a similar SSID, I wonder how many people peaked out their window to check :)

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In Step 7 you are not entering the old SSID for the doorbell, you are entering the SSID of the local wifi network you want the doorbell to use.
Nope. Read step 7's text. The idea was to change the SSID back to EZVIZ_ ssid so you can use the app to configure everything from scratch, like it was a DB1 with ezviz fw.

Upgrade to hikvision fw, reset to factory, change ssid to EZVIZ_, and you have an ezviz DB1 with ONVIF that ezviz mobile app recognizes perfectly when doing the first configuration through the wizard.

brad_g

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nope. Read step 7's text. The idea was to change the SSID back to EZVIZ_ ssid so you can use the app to configure everything from scratch, like it was a DB1 with ezviz fw.

Upgrade to hikvision fw, reset to factory, change ssid to EZVIZ_, and you have an ezviz DB1 with ONVIF that ezviz mobile app recognizes perfectly when doing the first configuration through the wizard.
I stand corrected. Thanks.

nepats197

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been asked before but with the EZVIZ app, is there a way to only receive notifications for doorbell rings? My problem is the 5 ft doesn't capture some UPS/ Fedex package drop offs. If I change to 9 ft, it'll capture trucks driving by at 30 feet away. So with the 9 ft option, I'll receive 50 PIR notifications a day. I'm fine with it recording a bunch as I have a 128 GB card in there but just don't need to be notified each time. I'd still like to be notified with door bell pushes & a chance to respond however.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not relating to the EZVIZ app but related to using the Hikvision Batch configuration program; shut off motion detection there.

motionsensor.jpg

nepats197

n3wb
Reaction score
Not relating to the EZVIZ app but related to using the Hikvision Batch configuration program; shut off motion detection there.

View attachment 66472
Thanks - yeah I guess I mean I still want to record motion as there's no human detection differentiator; I just don't want to be notified about it each time.

Also, how did you get this screen enabled? Mine's all greyed out:

1594936711201.png

teddybear

n3wb
Reaction score
With over 235 pages, I don't know where to begin.

I have two problems with Hikvision DS-HD1. Just purchased and installed it. My first question is, mechanical chime inside the house doesn't work. After reading a few pages on this thread, I'm suspecting it might be related to an underpowered transformer, but it rings my phone so I suppose I don't really need to fix unless there is an easy fix. My other question is, there is around maybe 10sec delay with video/audio feed. My cellphone rings after about 3 sec delay which I think is reasonable but is there a way to fix delay with video/audio delay?

Thanks all.

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been asked before but with the EZVIZ app, is there a way to only receive notifications for doorbell rings? My problem is the 5 ft doesn't capture some UPS/ Fedex package drop offs. If I change to 9 ft, it'll capture trucks driving by at 30 feet away. So with the 9 ft option, I'll receive 50 PIR notifications a day. I'm fine with it recording a bunch as I have a 128 GB card in there but just don't need to be notified each time. I'd still like to be notified with door bell pushes & a chance to respond however.
There are seperate settings for answering doorbel and alarm notification in the app.
On top of that you can silence the notifcation of the app in your phone os. This will still popup the answering doorbel screen , if I ‘ m correct

Skinah

n3wb
Reaction score
Its sure to get lost in this thread, but if anyone wants to 3d Print their own wall mounting brackets I created and uploaded this...