New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah that is what the goal is. I was hoping to 3D print an extended wedge.
So Skinah stated no custom request but you may want to reach out to Dan:

Custom Mount - tdb

What's kewl about 3D Printing is you can pick your color. Hoping one Day I will own a 3D Printer.

Let us know if he does, thanks...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah that is what the goal is. I was hoping to 3D print an extended wedge.
Hey also you may want to download Fusion 360, for free, Skinah included the Fusion 360 file for modification, so you could modify his design for your own custom mount. Kinda thinking of getting Fusion 360 Personal myself, from what I saw on a YouTube video, even though it is a one year free subscription, the guy said you can renew for free yearly as long as you use it for personal use.

cba123

n3wb
Reaction score
On Friday afternoon, I had successfully installed and configured the DB1 with the original 190304 firmware and configured BI to use the RTSP stream.

On Friday night, after reading the 101 guide, and last few pages on this thread, I decided I wanted to upgrade to the HikVision F/W to get the ONVIF to use with OpenHab and BI, so I followed @alexdelprete f/w upgrade guide, and I permenantly bricked my EZVIZ DB1 trying to upgrade from the original EZVIZ F/W 5.2.4 190304 directly to HikVision F/W 200321 using Batch Config 3.0.3.8. The DB1 is now stuck with constant red ring; no flickering of the red ring when pressing the reset button. No AP broadcasting. I disconnected the DB1 wires to the transformer overnight, and then tried the Skinah's recovery steps with no luck. I also tried installing a memory card with the HikVision F/W 200321 renamed as digicap.dav and that didn't work. I tried various 30-30-30, 60-60-60 reset power cycles (similar to the old DD-WRT steps), while holding combinations of the reset button and db button down with no luck either.

On Saturday, I went and bought another DB1. This time I upgraded the F/W using the EZVIZ app to the current version it indicated, which was 191211, and I have it configured in BI to use the RTSP stream.

I spent all Sunday reading from pg 69 (original 101) all the way to the end (pg 239). There were were I think two whole posts buried in those 170 pages that indicated to update EZVIZ FW to 191211 first before upgrading to HikVision. The 101 warns not to update to current RCA FW versions, and upgrade directly to current version of Laview, Nelly or HikVision FW, but there were no warning about FW version paths for DB1's. A few posts indicated problems using Batch Config 3.0.3.8 and to use 3.0.2.6 (but there was no link to where to get the older version), so I don't know if the FW upgrade crashed using newer BC version. I managed to find a copy of the older BC version 3.0.2.6 on Nelly's site. I confirmed the SHA1 for my HikVision FW 200321 file matched what someone (I think it may have been alexdelprete) posted in one message in this thread. I really suggest adding the SHA256 checksums for all the firmware and tool version files to the 101.

While you can use powershell scripts, I use the CertUtil.exe file that is already a part of Win10 to generate SHA256 checksums. syntax is "Certutil -hashfile <filename> SHA256"

Tomorrow, I will try again to upgrade my replacement DB1 from EZVIZ FW 191211 to HikVision FW 200321 using Batch Config 3.0.2.6.

cba123

n3wb
Reaction score
I should also add that I still had BI recording the RSTP stream when I did the original upgrade when it bricked the DB1.
I will shut down the BI recording and remove the DB1 from the EZVIZ app before I retry the upgrade with the replacement DB1 tomorrow.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Oddly enough it does make a difference. Using the flat mount actually had more of the brick in the picture and less of the stairs.
I understand now, sorry, I didn't understand the issue. Can you move it on the bricks, with an angled support? Like David suggested, you can probably find a custom 3d-printed one.

Could you move it in one of these 2 spots, highlighted in red? That should do it also with the included mounts.

1595234597854.png

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On Friday afternoon, I had successfully installed and configured the DB1 with the original 190304 firmware and configured BI to use the RTSP stream.

On Friday night, after reading the 101 guide, and last few pages on this thread, I decided I wanted to upgrade to the HikVision F/W to get the ONVIF to use with OpenHab and BI, so I followed @alexdelprete f/w upgrade guide, and I permenantly bricked my EZVIZ DB1 trying to upgrade from the original EZVIZ F/W 5.2.4 190304 directly to HikVision F/W 200321 using Batch Config 3.0.3.8. The DB1 is now stuck with constant red ring; no flickering of the red ring when pressing the reset button. No AP broadcasting. I disconnected the DB1 wires to the transformer overnight, and then tried the Skinah's recovery steps with no luck. I also tried installing a memory card with the HikVision F/W 200321 renamed as digicap.dav and that didn't work. I tried various 30-30-30, 60-60-60 reset power cycles (similar to the old DD-WRT steps), while holding combinations of the reset button and db button down with no luck either.

On Saturday, I went and bought another DB1. This time I upgraded the F/W using the EZVIZ app to the current version it indicated, which was 191211, and I have it configured in BI to use the RTSP stream.

I spent all Sunday reading from pg 69 (original 101) all the way to the end (pg 239). There were were I think two whole posts buried in those 170 pages that indicated to update EZVIZ FW to 191211 first before upgrading to HikVision. The 101 warns not to update to current RCA FW versions, and upgrade directly to current version of Laview, Nelly or HikVision FW, but there were no warning about FW version paths for DB1's. A few posts indicated problems using Batch Config 3.0.3.8 and to use 3.0.2.6 (but there was no link to where to get the older version), so I don't know if the FW upgrade crashed using newer BC version. I managed to find a copy of the older BC version 3.0.2.6 on Nelly's site. I confirmed the SHA1 for my HikVision FW 200321 file matched what someone (I think it may have been alexdelprete) posted in one message in this thread. I really suggest adding the SHA256 checksums for all the firmware and tool version files to the 101.

While you can use powershell scripts, I use the CertUtil.exe file that is already a part of Win10 to generate SHA256 checksums. syntax is "Certutil -hashfile <filename> SHA256"

Tomorrow, I will try again to upgrade my replacement DB1 from EZVIZ FW 191211 to HikVision FW 200321 using Batch Config 3.0.2.6.
I'm sorry for your experience. Many people tried the upgrade and it worked. Anyway, if the bricked doorbell is under warranty, you can ask for replacement, they will replace it or fix it (if they can reset it) and send it back. Try that.

Probably I will add a step in the guide suggesting to upgrade to latest EZVIZ firmware before jumping to Hikvision's fw. But I don't think that's the problem, it doesn't hurt doing it though.

UPDATE: I added upgrade to latest official fw of the vendor's cam as step 1 of the guide.

Last edited:

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, ezviz won't allow other apps/accounts access ezviz resources. you need ezviz account. they changed this 1-2 months ago, some users reported the warning when they accessed their DB1 through Hik-Connect or Guarding Vision.

You can use the same account on several devices. But you can also create an account for each member and then use the "share" functionality in the ezviz app.
Actually, I still can access the DB1 through both the newest EZViz an GV apps on the same phone and account and I don’t get a warning.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I should also add that I still had BI recording the RSTP stream when I did the original upgrade when it bricked the DB1.
I will shut down the BI recording and remove the DB1 from the EZVIZ app before I retry the upgrade with the replacement DB1 tomorrow.
I did every upgrade, even very experimental ones, while recording on Synology Surveillance Station and viewing from mobile app. It doesn't matter. The firmware upgrade procedure takes care of stopping everything while doing the upgrade.

Unfortunately after you brick something you become very sensitive to all minor details that really don't matter.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

So here is a Success Story you may try.:

We have had a few statements in the 101 in the past that were more firmware number specific but we removed them since newer firmwares came available for each brand. I will make a Generic Message stating it is Always a Good Idea to upgrade to the latest firmware before changing firmware. Sorry for your trouble. I will also provide a link to the older version of the Batch Config. Tool. The only issue with the different versions is the older version seems to be more stable, less crashing, the newer version works, I used it, but some people were having issues so they dropped back a version.

The older version can be found here (I will include a Link in the 101):

1595245437620.png

Again, I want to Apologize for our 101, we are presently working on moving the 101 Offline to be able to keep it better updated. Also, it needs an Overhaul, don't think any of us imagined this getting as big as it did, for a Doorbell? Problem is, working the different brands each with their own firmwares and issues, can be overwhelming at times so we are hoping to have a better 101 soon. Also we need to separate the different Regions, we found some people were reporting issues but found it was just their cloud in Europe or the US cloud, also Transformers/Regional Power differences, Regional Restrictions, etc. from different Regions of the world. 239 pages, 4700 plus messages...Wow, we need a team to keep up with all of this...So again sorry for our mess...

UPDATE: So I updated the 101 but did find in ADDITIONAL TIPS: section our mention of this older firmware, kinda thought by now we would have seen the last of that version out there. This TIP was mainly for the Logo issue users where having back then. Bricks came later. More Reason to fix our 101...

⦁ For EZVIZ owners (ONLY); if you plan to install/upgrade your firmware to LaView's firmware you NEED to be sure and follow these steps: First Check your firmware in your App under Settings. If you have firmware build 190304 DO NOT install LaView's firmware (If you do you will end up with a RCA Logo). If have the 190304 build you will NEED to update your firmware to EZVIZ build 191211 first. Next; with the 191211 build installed/confirmed go to Batch Config. Tool (Remote Configuration/Image/Video Display) check to see if the Logo is checked ON, if so, you will need to uncheck it Off before installing/upgrading to LaView's firmware.

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Me too. :)

But to some people an official warning came out.
So I wonder if the warning was for Hikvision and EZVIZ accounts only since Hikvision owns EZVIZ. I read a good article about how EZVIZ was created by Hikvision to try and distance themselves from all the bad China hype. I am thinking GW will continue to work after the EZVIZ/Hikviaion Warning deadline.

doctoru30

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I need your help!
  • I have an EZVIZ doorbell with the latest official firmware version.
  • I have an LG C9 TV (has built-in Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit)
I want to know if I can display the doorbell on the TV.

I installed homebridge and Homebridge Camera FFmpeg plugin and at this moment I can see the dorbell stream in my iphone.
The question is "how can I see it live on TV?"

thx!

gnuB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I understand now, sorry, I didn't understand the issue. Can you move it on the bricks, with an angled support? Like David suggested, you can probably find a custom 3d-printed one.

Could you move it in one of these 2 spots, highlighted in red? That should do it also with the included mounts.

View attachment 66717
Those areas are solid, it would be a daunting task to try and get db wiring to those locations. I’m going to continue down 3D option for now.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Those areas are solid, it would be a daunting task to try and get db wiring to those locations. I’m going to continue down 3D option for now.
Yeah I saw that solid wood frame too, but the brink may work, drill into the mortar then snag the DB wire with a coat hanger type wire, provided the wire is long enough. But agree I would try the 3D mount first.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello,

I need your help!
  • I have an EZVIZ doorbell with the latest official firmware version.
  • I have an LG C9 TV (has built-in Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit)
I want to know if I can display the doorbell on the TV.

I installed homebridge and Homebridge Camera FFmpeg plugin and at this moment I can see the dorbell stream in my iphone.
The question is "how can I see it live on TV?"

thx!
If the LG C9 has Google Assistant or Alexa embedded, you can configure the DB1 to integrate with those 2 and simply say "Google/Alexa, show the doorbell" and it will stream on the tv. I can't remember if it supports Apple.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
But the custom support should be really big and thick to fill that space to the bricks' corner.

doctoru30

n3wb
Reaction score
If the LG C9 has Google Assistant or Alexa embedded, you can configure the DB1 to integrate with those 2 and simply say "Google/Alexa, show the doorbell" and it will stream on the tv. I can't remember if it supports Apple.
The TV has Alexa and Google embedded, but I thought I could solve it through HomeKit.
Thx

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
We did create an ezviz acct for spouse but sharing with that email from Hik-connect said account didn’t exist. It’s like Hik-connect no longer knows about new ezviz accounts.
Try sharing it on ezviz app first before switching to a different app.

cba123

n3wb
Reaction score
Today, I successfully upgraded my replacement DB1 from EZVIZ FW 191211 to HikVision FW 200321 using Batch Config 3.0.2.6.

While I used Batch Config to change default SSID from softap_serial# to EZVIZ_serial# (use the uppercase and don't change password or anything else, just the SSID), the AP password stayed as softap_AUTHCODE and didn't automatically change back to EZVIZ_AUTHCODE after reboot, so the EZVIZ app couldn't connect. So, I manually connected to the EZVIZ_Serial# AP on my phone using the softap_AUTHCODE password, and then the EZVIZ app was able to reconnect to the DB1 and continue the setup.

I don't know why the original DB1 (manufacture date 03/2020) bricked while upgrading from EZVIZ FW 190304 to HikVision FW 200321 using Batch Config 3.0.3.8, but this time I updated my replacement DB1 (manufacture date 01/2020) from EZVIZ FW 190304 to EZVIZ FW 191211 first using the EZVIZ app, and also used the older Batch Config 3.0.2.6 to then upgrade to HikVision FW 200321.

My original bricked DB1 will be returned to the store since I only bought it last week.