New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@alexdelprete

onvif-cli devicemgmt GetSystemDateAndTime -u 'admin' -a 'authcode' --host 'doorbellip' --port 80 --wsdl '/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/wsdl/'

Is the authcode the same as written on the sticker on the box of the camera?

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@alexdelprete

onvif-cli devicemgmt GetSystemDateAndTime -u 'admin' -a 'authcode' --host 'doorbellip' --port 80 --wsdl '/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/wsdl/'

Is the authcode the same as written on the sticker on the box of the camera?
Yes, I specified 6 char authcode in the post. :)

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes....getting an error here...

onvif.exceptions.ONVIFError: Unknown error: HTTPConnectionPool(host='doorbellip', port=80): Max retries exceeded with url: /onvif/device_service (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f758c9067f0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name or service not known',))

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
onvif.exceptions.ONVIFError: Unknown error: HTTPConnectionPool(host='doorbellip', port=80): Max retries exceeded with url: /onvif/device_service (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f758c9067f0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name or service not known',))
I read host='doorbellip' in the error output. You did put the IP or hostname of your doorbell right? :)

Works fine here, tried it on 2 linux servers, 1 physical 1 virtual. Make sure you put the correct IP/hostname, user and authcode/password. Also make sure the wdl directory is ok.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Typo...yes forgot IP. ;)

Works now!!!

:~$ onvif-cli devicemgmt GetSystemDateAndTime -u 'admin' -a 'XXXXXXI' --host '192.168.244.152' --port 80 --wsdl '/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/wsdl/'

True: OrderedDict([('DateTimeType', 'NTP'), ('DaylightSavings', True), ('TimeZone', OrderedDict([('TZ', 'CST6:00:0005:00:00,M3.2.0/02:00:00,M11.1.0/02:00:00')])), ('UTCDateTime', OrderedDict([('Time', OrderedDict([('Hour', 14), ('Minute', 2), ('Second', 1)])), ('Date', OrderedDict([('Year', 2020), ('Month', 10), ('Day', 4)]))])), ('LocalDateTime', OrderedDict([('Time', OrderedDict([('Hour', 8), ('Minute', 2), ('Second', 1)])), ('Date', OrderedDict([('Year', 2020), ('Month', 10), ('Day', 4)]))])), ('Extension', None), ('_attr_1', None)])

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Typo...yes forgot IP. ;)

Works now!!!

:~$ onvif-cli devicemgmt GetSystemDateAndTime -u 'admin' -a 'XXXXXXI' --host '192.168.244.152' --port 80 --wsdl '/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/wsdl/'

True: OrderedDict([('DateTimeType', 'NTP'), ('DaylightSavings', True), ('TimeZone', OrderedDict([('TZ', 'CST6:00:0005:00:00,M3.2.0/02:00:00,M11.1.0/02:00:00')])), ('UTCDateTime', OrderedDict([('Time', OrderedDict([('Hour', 14), ('Minute', 2), ('Second', 1)])), ('Date', OrderedDict([('Year', 2020), ('Month', 10), ('Day', 4)]))])), ('LocalDateTime', OrderedDict([('Time', OrderedDict([('Hour', 8), ('Minute', 2), ('Second', 1)])), ('Date', OrderedDict([('Year', 2020), ('Month', 10), ('Day', 4)]))])), ('Extension', None), ('_attr_1', None)])
Great my friend! :)

Now you know what to do with it...;)

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
At least i van confirm the current EZVIZ updated to hkvision with onvif with no issues.

couple of questions.

1. is it possible to send onvif reboot with a script for scheduling reboot
2. When someone ring the doorbell my phone rings. I want to pick up, but don’t want the person to know I did, but by default audio from my phone forwards. Is it possible to pick up on view only mode by default and click a button for two way audio
1. yes, check this post.
2. that depends on the os of your mobile and the mobile app you're using. It seems that problem is only on iphone, on Android + Guarding Vision (and EZVIZ app I think), when it rings you see a preview of the visitor, so you can decide to answer or not.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you @alexdelprete

Yes been using the ONVIF to MQTT plugin for SAPI / Alexa TTS when motion is detected.

Many if not most deliveries now do not touch the doorbell so the motion detection is what records the event.

Now going to also utilize the ONVIF plugin for HA.

HA1.jpg

Will create a script button in Homeseer and HA for ONVIF commands.

About once a month the ONVIF service quits on the Hikvision DB and I have to reboot camera.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Will create a script button in Homeseer and HA for ONVIF commands.

About once a month the ONVIF service quits on the Hikvision DB and I have to reboot camera.
I reboot it every 4 days. I found that it keeps it healthy. Reboot takes less than a minute.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you been rebooting via the Python script or Batch Configuration?

Here only have rebooted via batch configuration when ONVIF has quit working.

Just looked at my last Amazon delivery and the deliver person walked up to front porch, did not press the DB, turned with her back facing the camera and left the package on the front porch with his back facing the camera while taking a picture of the package. That said the motion detection event (video) did get a face shot when he approached the porch except that the delivery person had a mask on.

This is more recent. Prior Amazon deliveries the package would be placed under doorbell, picture would be taken and then the doorbell button would be pressed.
Wonder if they know about testing facial recognition?

USPS, FedEx and UPS are ringing the Doorbell.

Last edited:

JimEPage

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you been rebooting via the Python script or Batch Configuration?

Here only have rebooted via batch configuration when ONVIF has quit working.

Just looked at my last Amazon delivery and the deliver person walked up to front porch, did not press the DB, turned with her back facing the camera and left the package on the front porch with his back facing the camera while taking a picture of the package. That said the motion detection event (video) did get a face shot when he approached the porch except that the delivery person had a mask on.

This is more recent. Prior Amazon deliveries the package would be placed under doorbell, picture would be taken and then the doorbell button would be pressed.
Wonder if they know about testing facial recognition?

USPS, FedEx and UPS are ringing the Doorbell.
Sneaky Bastard..!

rayt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did, hooked up my old fashioned doorbell and DING DONG! I'm out of ideas, unless the power kit is bad, not sure what else I can do.

Thanks
suffering from the same problem. redid the app, it worked for a bit, but stopped working shortly after

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
suffering from the same problem. redid the app, it worked for a bit, but stopped working shortly after
When you redid the app's chime configuration did it work? If so, you should investigate a software issue, not a hw one. What firmware are you using, what model of camera? How did you do the fw upgrade? Did you factory reset after the upgrade?

You and @servicekrunk should monitor voltages in normal conditions and when you press the doorbell's button, then do the same thing with and without the powerkit connected.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ants invaded my DB1. There was a tiny crack on the side of the backplate. I didn't unscrew it to check what was inside. Just used some chemical stuff and then sealed it with silicone. :)

1602011573213.png1602011609456.png
1602011705158.png

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wow, freaky. I should check mine for any gaps and maybe deploy some caulk as a preventative measure too. We have zillions of ants around our house.

Walked into the bathroom one morning and the floor was crawling with ants. My wife wouldn't go near that bathroom for days after that.

rafale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ants invaded my DB1. There was a tiny crack on the side of the backplate. I didn't unscrew it to check what was inside. Just used some chemical stuff and then sealed it with silicone. :)
mamma mia! What was in there that could attract them?