New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

Killerjay

n3wb
Reaction score
My RCA was doing this and stopped after I replace the SDCard with a new high-end (3x the price) SDCard. The "card needs initialized" msges have stopped with no more problems for about 8 or 9 months now. The odd thing is that the old SDCard works fine in my desktop PC. I can do a full format (not fast) with no errors so I have no clue why it fixed the problem. It could have bean a write speed problem, but that is just a guess.
Very strange.. what sd card are you using?
I'm using a SanDisk SDSQUNS-128G-GN6MN

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Having the same problem with my Eziviz, no problems for the past 10 months and out of the blue it says SD card is not initialized. It shows 1 frame of each video but bombs if tried to play. Also bombs if I try to format, sometimes goes to 12 % then returns the not initialized error.

KC8DKT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Having the same problem with my Eziviz, no problems for the past 10 months and out of the blue it says SD card is not initialized. It shows 1 frame of each video but bombs if tried to play. Also bombs if I try to format, sometimes goes to 12 % then returns the not initialized error.
That is the identical problem I had when my DB was getting so hot It was rebooting on hot days and the SDCard was getting so hot I could not hold it in my hand. I think the heat was killing the SDCards. Not a lot of info on how to bring temps down if your having problems though. I have bean up and running for over 9 months now with no more problems with a new 8v/28va transformer(seems to have fixed the high temp problems), the linked SDCard, and a used mechanical 5v-12v chime to replace my 16v chime I killed when I installed a 24v transformer.

I have only seen 3 or 4 people posting about heat problems though. If you find any thing please let us know!
The 8v trans setup I run now would NOT work for most, its less then 10 feet from the VDB and chime so it has very little voltage drop. The RCA VDB bench tested good down to about 6.5vac WITHOUT a mechanical chime.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Mine does not seem to be overly hot and the temps have been in the 60-70 range. Ordered one of the WD Purple SD cards so we will see if that helps.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey, anyone else have an issue with their db1 randomly saying the sd card needs to be formatted? But then when I try to format, it fails and will only work if I turn off my bell breaker for a restart. Seems to happen every month. Kind of annoying and sucks if I actually need footage as it won't let me view anything and my only option is to format. I'm using ezviz, it is stock ezviz with firmware 5.2.4.191211.

I get those once a while .. that why I added a wifi outlet controller on my transformer to power cycle my DB1 so I don't have to crawl into the attic to unplug it every time I need to reboot it.

Also, try accessing your recording after power cycling to see if it works again. I did reformat at first until I realized I am able to access my video again after power cycling. You probably don't need to reformat it every time you reboot it either.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Power cycle your DB1, it should make it readable again without reformatting. I was facing the similar issue myself.

silencery

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out a way to get port 80 working on the ezviz model doorbells/firmware? Flashing to another firmware is an option, but I'd prefer to stick with the stock one if possible.

Thanks!

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out a way to get port 80 working on the ezviz model doorbells/firmware? Flashing to another firmware is an option, but I'd prefer to stick with the stock one if possible.

Thanks!
The firmware you want to stick with (EZVIZ) does not offer ONVIF functionality. There's no workaround if in the source code the functionality is missing or disabled.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

There is no HTML interface enabled on the video doorbells. It is not enabled in the firmware.

1 - HIKVISION (DS-HD1)
2 - RCA (HSDB2A)
3 - EZVIZ (DB1)
4 - LAVIEW (LV-PDB1630-U)
5 - NELLY'S (NSC-DB2)
6 - LTS (LTH-7132-WIFI)

As mentioned above you can get ONVIF snapshots and video using firmware with ONVIF enabled using port 80.

Here utilize ONVIF snapshots for my Leviton / HAI OmniTouch screens / Homeseer touch screens (plus RTSP for Homeseer Touchscreens)

ipa4me2

n3wb
Reaction score
You cannot add the Ezviz DB1 camera to your Synology using the normal way. But you must connect to your Synology using SSH.

1) First open a SSH connection to your Synology.
2) Create a new file for example : Ezviz-DB1.conf It should be placed in /var/packages/SurveillanceStation/target/device_pack/camera_support
3) Change the ownership of the file to the same user and group of the other conf files in my case that is SurveillanceStation:SurveillanceStation
4) Edit the Ezviz-DB1.conf file with sudo vi
5) Paste the following lines into the conf file:

[Ezviz*DB1]
api = custom
resolution_h264 = 2048x1536
default_resolution_h264 = 2048x1536
fps_h264_2048x1536 = 5,10,15,20,25,30
fps_h264_1280x720 = 5,10,15,20,25,30
default_fps_h264_2048x1536 = 15
default_image-quality = 5

h264 = rtsp
mpeg4 = rtsp
mjpeg = rtsp
motion = h264,mpeg4,mjpeg

motion_param = sensitivity,threshold
rtsp_keepalive = none
rtsp_protocol = auto,udp,tcp

6) Save and close the file

7) Now go to the Surveillance Station management page
8) Add a new camera. Complete Setup.
9)
Brand: Ezviz
Camera Model: DB1
Port: 554
Username: admin
Password: Activation code of your doorbell
10) Next
11) In the next screen (Video) i did not change anything
12) In the Recording settings. You can change what suits you
13) In the Schedule settings i only use Motion Detection. But Continuous also works fine.
14) Once the camera is added. Now you have to edit the camera
15) In Device Settings go to the Advanced tab
Transport protocol: udp
Streaming Information Source: Streaming
16) Every setting where you can choose the quality i have chosen High Quality.
17) It should work now

When you first add your camera the "live preview" is still not visible but when you click on it you see the live stream. I do see a the small live preview but that was after i exported the config. Made some changes to the stream paths and imported the camera config again.

I hope it is clear enough.
just tried this on my brand new Ezviz DB1. Everything works just fine (thank you), except audio isn’t being recorded on my Surveillance Station videos. Any ideas what to do to get audio turned on. It works well in the Ezviz app, just not on SSS.

Update: After slogging through page after endless page of this thread, I came across a solution in post 3,541. To summarize: without flashing different vendor's firmware to get ONVIF support, you can install the DB1 in Surveillance Station using the conf file method above (which got me video but no audio), or simply add it as a custom device using the RTSP url (<admin>:<pw>@<ipaddr>:554/Streaming/Channels/101), which got me video AND audio. Every other part of the configuration worked the same.

Last edited:

silencery

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The firmware you want to stick with (EZVIZ) does not offer ONVIF functionality. There's no workaround if in the source code the functionality is missing or disabled.

There is no HTML interface enabled on the video doorbells. It is not enabled in the firmware.

1 - HIKVISION (DS-HD1)
2 - RCA (HSDB2A)
3 - EZVIZ (DB1)
4 - LAVIEW (LV-PDB1630-U)
5 - NELLY'S (NSC-DB2)
6 - LTS (LTH-7132-WIFI)

As mentioned above you can get ONVIF snapshots and video using firmware with ONVIF enabled using port 80.

Here utilize ONVIF snapshots for my Leviton / HAI OmniTouch screens / Homeseer touch screens (plus RTSP for Homeseer Touchscreens)
Thanks guys. that's what I figured, just wanted to reconfirm. I'll either flash ONVIF supported firmware or find a different workaround.

COtto1984

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Question- I have the Ezviz DB1 with Hikvision firmware and iOS app. I have an electronic chime that I would like to be able to toggle on/off. If I change the Chime Type from Electronic to Not Installed, will it still signal the chime when the doorbell button is pressed? Secondly, do I need to make any modifications to the wiring? I currently have the power kit installed, but not the "resistor".

KC8DKT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Question- I have the Ezviz DB1 with Hikvision firmware and iOS app. I have an electronic chime that I would like to be able to toggle on/off. If I change the Chime Type from Electronic to Not Installed, will it still signal the chime when the doorbell button is pressed? Secondly, do I need to make any modifications to the wiring? I currently have the power kit installed, but not the "resistor".
If you change the setting to NO CHIME it will NOT trigger an "electronic" chime and nothing else you have to change. The power kit is NOT needed but you can leave it installed if you like. What electronic chime do you have setup and working with your DB right now?

The so called "resistor" is just a fuse "open it up and you can see this" that is needed incase some one holds down the button for too long with a "mechanical chime" setting but NOT installed. With out the mechanical chime installed but selected in the settings pushing the button would create a dead short. If you wish to be extra safe replace the fuse "same volts/amps" but with a SLOW BLOW. I did this with my setup and when testing it took about 6sec to blow, long before the wires got hot or damaging my DB.

Last edited:

gnuB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good morning all. While not a db can I was wondering if any of you have experience with the Ezviz LC1C? I was thinking a couple of these might be good to swap in for the traditional floodlights I have. I’m currently using the Nelly’s db cam on their fw + Guarding Vision app so I’m not sure if I’d need to attempt switching that to Ezviz fw so that I can consolidate to one app while I make up my mind on Camect for motion detection.

BobDoh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

Due to a lot of tinkering, my EZVIZ DB1 went into red blinking mode, so I tried resetting it until the confirmation voice came on. All good so far. I then used the EZVIZ app add new device, but am stuck on the wifi configuration. The app is trying to connect to the DB1's softap and is looking for the wifi name EZVIZ_XXXXX. The only problem is, I've updated the firmware to Laview's. The app is hardcoded to look for EZVIZ_XXXXX while the DB1 is publishing LaView_XXXXX.

I tried to manually connect to the LaView_XXXXX station, but don't know the password. With the original firmware, it would have been 'EZVIZ_' + 6 character verification code. Is there an equivalent Laview prefix? ('LAVIEW_' prefix doesn't work).
Do I need to revert back to EZVIZ firmware, and if so, how? This thread mentions reverting using the Batch Config tool, but that requires a valid wifi connection first.

Hope this community can give some hints.

Thank you.