New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok. Do right now it's got Laview, and I can't get it to join there in the app because it thinks the network name is wrong. I can't get the RCA app to work either because it won't send a confirmation code to me. The last time I got it working was via iVMS.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok. Do right now it's got Laview, and I can't get it to join there in the app because it thinks the network name is wrong. I can't get the RCA app to work either because it won't send a confirmation code to me. The last time I got it working was via iVMS.
You may need to do a hard reset, that is remove power for at least one hour or until no lights. It has a battery that would need to be drained. This should get you back to default, except it is best to get the old firmware on there first if you can.

So you are unable to connect to it via iVMS with the new password?

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I haven't tried. What do you mean connect to it with the new password?

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I may just say to hell with this and try another model. Any suggestions?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't tried. What do you mean connect to it with the new password?
I stupidly changed the password in my RCA running laview using ivms. What do I need to do in order to get it back to the original and connected? I posted how I was able to get it working before but there's got to be a better way

I thought this was your problem.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I may just say to hell with this and try another model. Any suggestions?
I moved on to ReoLink Doorbell after 3 years of almost flawless service from my LaView (DB1 variant) I am running the WiFi version, so far I like it...Also, did not need to drill new holes it mounted fine with existing holes.

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Back to messing with the doorbell. Even with the batch tool it wants me to set the password

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Say, dumb question but what amperage should the doorbell have? I've got a builder grade transformer now

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure--was just really hoping that there was something better I can do. Can I use the ReoLink bell with my existing chime and transformer? I was considering one of these:

Not averse to the ReoLink, but I would prefer to keep my existing chime and go wifi.
Yeah, presently ReoLink does not work with an existing Chime. There are ways to make it work. It does use your existing wiring/transformer.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Say, dumb question but what amperage should the doorbell have? I've got a builder grade transformer now
We recommend replacing builder grade transformers. Our 101 answers the majority of your questions, See Install Tips.

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok I'm ordering an ReoLink. Is there a way to have two chimes hooked up? My home office is on the other side of the house so it's kind of hard to hear.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok I'm ordering an ReoLink. Is there a way to have two chimes hooked up? My home office is on the other side of the house so it's kind of hard to hear.
Not sure. I know it comes with one that is very loud. It is already paired. I have ours on the opposite end of our house and I can hear it out back fine. You can adjust the volume too.

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, well I have the ReoLink doorbell up and running. Now, how do I get the video stream into my dahua?

Reaction score
Hi, when i activate the two way audio on my DS-HD1 in the Hik-Connect app i don't hear the doorbell microphone sound but outside they hear my voice. If i just check the video stream i hear the microphone sound (outside) of the doorbell.

I try the 2 last firmware, same problem.

any idea?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, well I have the ReoLink doorbell up and running. Now, how do I get the video stream into my dahua?
Either through ONVIF or RTSP or RTMP:

1679611761008.png

I am using RTMP:
1679611877071.png

Also we have a Thread for the ReoLink:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, when i activate the two way audio on my DS-HD1 in the Hik-Connect app i don't hear the doorbell microphone sound but outside they hear my voice. If i just check the video stream i hear the microphone sound (outside) of the doorbell.

I try the 2 last firmware, same problem.

any idea?
I would check your Phone's Permissions for the Hik-Connect App.