New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

Reaction score
So are you trying to hear yourself through the App when talking 2-way? If so, you won't hear yourself, only the person(s) at the Doorbell talking to you.
If a just look the stream i hear outside sounds ( Doorbell microphone) and it's work great. but if i activate the 2 way communication outside they hear my voice( phone microphone) but i don't hear outside ( Doorbell microphone) on my phone anymore. Weird behavior.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If a just look the stream i hear outside sounds ( Doorbell microphone) and it's work great. but if i activate the 2 way communication outside they hear my voice( phone microphone) but i don't hear outside ( Doorbell microphone) on my phone anymore. Weird behavior.
Mine did the same, I think that is normal. Maybe to stop any feedback.

Reaction score
I found why, because i test on my girlfriend Iphone and everything work great but not on my pixel 6. So i downgrade the android app to 5.0.2.1213 and now everything work fine.

Reaction score
I bought the new DS-HD2 doorbell and it doesn't look like it has ONVIF support. It has firmware version v5.3.0 build 220511. Do I need to flash a different firmware for ONVIF support?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I bought the new DS-HD2 doorbell and it doesn't look like it has ONVIF support. It has firmware version v5.3.0 build 220511. Do I need to flash a different firmware for ONVIF support?
Not aware of ONVIF support yet.

You might want to check on this Thread:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
To be honest I have not even heard of Clare till your post. I am sure there are more who sell this Hikvision Doorbell out there. When I first bought my LaView version, three plus years ago, I was in contact with their Tech. Dept. who promised and delivered ONVIF on their firmware upgrade. Since, we have seen each vendor that sells this Doorbell come out with their own firmware (limits). all of the releases only had the .dav file. That uboot_y4.bin file may be the file that many here wanted to edit to change the booting process, don't know.

Did you buy your DB from Clare? If so, I would contact them to see what the .bin is for...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is one of the craziest Post I have ever had to Post. I have been pretty much the Doorbell Man my wife and friends/family has referred to me as. I have for the last 3+ years shared a lot, too much :), to them all that I have learned since getting our first Video Doorbell.
I have thoroughly enjoyed testing and playing with these VDBs.

To make this short, the wife and I have been looking at property away from our huge city for a few years now. Well we found one that has our full attention, 10 acres majority woods with a 1/2 acre pond, nice house in the middle so it has a gate at the county road and a nice drive through those woods to the house.

We have been out looking at it a couple of times this week, so what is it missing?

NO DOORBELL

I am not joking, how could the Doorbell man miss this, haha

Why would this property need a Doorbell, we have to let them in the gate for anyone to drive to our house. I have never had a gate and a drive to a house before...LOL

So if we actually get this house, our retirement house, then I will have to see about a gate CAM or Intercom, or electric gate, etc. in the future, that is if we have a lot of visitors or deliveries.

Too funny, this City Boy has a lot to learn in Country Living, LOL

gnuB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone ran into an issue where doorbell pushes do not record video because of the microSD being full? Isn’t there a setting to overwrite files? I thought I saw this option previously but I cannot locate it now so every few weeks I have to pull the card and format it.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Has anyone ran into an issue where doorbell pushes do not record video because of the microSD being full? Isn’t there a setting to overwrite files? I thought I saw this option previously but I cannot locate it now so every few weeks I have to pull the card and format it.
When I had my EZVIZ DB, it overwrites it but I stopped using it for about a year now so I don't know if it was changed in later firmware after I stopped using it.

Kallb123

n3wb
Reaction score
How can I tell if the MicroSD is full? Mine has been running for years, it says the MicroSD is "normal" and the earliest recording is in 2021! So it seems like it hasn't started overwriting yet!

crmx28

n3wb
Reaction score
How can I tell if the MicroSD is full? Mine has been running for years, it says the MicroSD is "normal" and the earliest recording is in 2021! So it seems like it hasn't started overwriting yet!
gnub and kllb123
What app are you using?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For myself, I would get an Error about once a year in the EZVIZ App that the SD Card needed to be formatted. I found when pulling the card it was full. Once I formatted the card in my PC I was good to go...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In Batch Config. Tool you can view the recorded videos from the SD-Card

gnuB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For myself, I would get an Error about once a year in the EZVIZ App that the SD Card needed to be formatted. I found when pulling the card it was full. Once I formatted the card in my PC I was good to go...
Using the GV app, apparently there is no such notification. Oh well, thank you anyway.

maxp

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone use ONVIF events of the PIR motion detection in Blue Iris?

I can't seem to get mine working (EZVIZ DB1 with the latest Hikvision Firmware).

BlueIris populates all the ONVIF info.

View attachment 129554

I've got the appropriate trigger checkbox enabled:

View attachment 129555

I've got Alerts set up to allow ONVIF:

View attachment 129556

But this alert does nothing:

View attachment 129557

For what it's worth I've also tried with PTZ/Control enabled, with no results

View attachment 129558
I know it's an old post, but were you able to make ONVIF motion event works in Blue Iris with EZVIZ DB1 with the Hikvision Firmware? I connected the ONVIF stream to Home Assistant and receives the motion alert from the PIR, so I know it's working but in BI it's just outputting error.

kas

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a EZVIZ unit that I was able to flash Hikvsion FW 211101 onto (it previously had 23404). However after I reset settings and connected to the softap network, I am unable to Add the device in Batch Configuration 3.0.2.6- nothing happens and the below error is set in the log.

Attachments