New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

Reaction score
Been testing POE version for a few days, good image quality. Also getting RTSP stream issues, RTMP works fine. Was able to set up the camera in Scrypted to work with HomeKit using ONVIF, but there's no 2 way audio support yet. If this and the unstable RTSP stream can be patched, this is a solid doorbell option. I contacted Reolink support and got an updated firmware file, but the RTSP issues are still there.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Been testing POE version for a few days, good image quality. Also getting RTSP stream issues, RTMP works fine. Was able to set up the camera in Scrypted to work with HomeKit using ONVIF, but there's no 2 way audio support yet. If this and the unstable RTSP stream can be patched, this is a solid doorbell option. I contacted Reolink support and got an updated firmware file, but the RTSP issues are still there.
From what I have read, apparently RTSP has been a problem with Reolink CAMs for awhile. Seems everyone is recommending RTMP streams everywhere I read...

What firmware version did you receive? Wonder if it is a Beta?

Still don't see a posted firmware yet:

Thanks

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
yea, all over reddit people have been saying to use RTMP for reolink cams.

is there a drawback to RTMP vs RTSP?

Reaction score
From what I have read, apparently RTSP has been a problem with Reolink CAMs for awhile. Seems everyone is recommending RTMP streams everywhere I read...

What firmware version did you receive? Wonder if it is a Beta?

Still don't see a posted firmware yet:

Thanks
I've seen that too which is unfortunate.

Yeah it seems to be a beta (1572_23010903), but I'm going to be downgrading back to the original FW (v3.0.0.1459_22102808). This new one causes a lot more RTSP stream failures and they usually happen after motion events.

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

IMO, use what works. It's funny that I have been using RTSP since I received this and just checked again. The stats page shows 4 signal losses over 3500 motion events, not sure when the last time I reset it was.

Here's to hoping they are working on the fixed frame rate fix firmware, so we can set a night time frame rate.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Don't know but RTMP is more of a protocol used for Internet streaming like for YouTube from what I gather.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just found my old 16v 10va transformer I am going to use to bench test this WiFi version I just got yesterday. My plan is to install this WiFi version replacing my LaView. After Winter I have a friend that wants this WiFi version, he does not want to get out in the wet cold and replace his RCA (Hikvision DB1 variant) right now, can't blame him, I think he said is was 2 degrees. By Spring I will have my cable ran to install the POE version.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Trying to catch up with this thread, haven't been on forum as much in the last few months. I browsed the thread and have a couple questions:

@David L, when you have two doorbells, will both trigger the same chime or are they paired up such that it will only trigger the included chime? Also, can you use the sub-channel when using RTMP (i.e. for DeepStack)?

It appears that @greg_mitch is able to read the chime signal from the doorbell via 433MHz, so we should be able to trigger our old mechanical chime using a relay, has anyone tried it? Maybe easist way is to open up the chime and gerryrig it to the mechanical chime :).

Thx.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
been doin some further testing on the test bench. picked up one of these as well, and seems to be be working as it should.

As for RTMP vs RTSP, i think I figured out the RTSP issue using Sighthound (and maybe even blue iris) During setup, i needed to uncheck the box that says Force TCP connections.

Once I did that, ZERO drop outs in Sighthound. (as I was gettin about 1 a minute with that box checked)

At the same time, running RTMP on my MAC via VLC... all seems to be working perfect there as well.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Trying to catch up with this thread, haven't been on forum as much in the last few months. I browsed the thread and have a couple questions:

@David L, when you have two doorbells, will both trigger the same chime or are they paired up such that it will only trigger the included chime? Also, can you use the sub-channel when using RTMP (i.e. for DeepStack)?

It appears that @greg_mitch is able to read the chime signal from the doorbell via 433MHz, so we should be able to trigger our old mechanical chime using a relay, has anyone tried it? Maybe easist way is to open up the chime and gerryrig it to the mechanical chime :).

Thx.
If they sold extra chimes, I would be game to try this, but I don't believe they are available yet. I'm not ripping into mine just yet. Although I already have doorbell press popping up on any Apple TV that is on and announcing on Alexa devices throughout the house.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Thx.
Will play with the Chimes, I just got my WiFi version connected to my WAP today, had to play a game with it by first connecting it up via it's Ethernet Port to my switch and have my router assign an IP through DHCP server, then once I connected to the DB through ReoLink Windows Client I was able change the network to WiFi and have it connect to my WAP (Disconnecting the Wired Network). The great news is you Do Not have to go through their QR Scan Code to set this up on your network via their App, so no registration needed to their cloud. Plus I have it connected to my CameraVLAN which has Zero access to the Internet. This worked for both the POE and WiFi versions.

Last edited:

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Will play with the Chimes, I just got my WiFi version connected to my WAP today, had to play a game with it by first connecting it up via it's Ethernet Port to my switch and have my router assign an IP through DHCP server, then once I connected to the DB through ReoLink Windows Client I was able change the network to WiFi and have it connect to my WAP (Disconnecting the Wired Network). The great news is you Do Not have to go through their QR Scan Code to set this up on your network viua their App, so no registration needed to their cloud. Plus I have it connected to my CameraVLAN which has Zero access to the Internet. This worked for both the POE and WiFi versions.
yea, i didnt need to scan the doorbell QR either. It just automatically connected on its own once i put in the password.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
been doin some further testing on the test bench. picked up one of these as well, and seems to be be working as it should.

As for RTMP vs RTSP, i think I figured out the RTSP issue using Sighthound (and maybe even blue iris) During setup, i needed to uncheck the box that says Force TCP connections.

Once I did that, ZERO drop outs in Sighthound. (as I was gettin about 1 a minute with that box checked)

At the same time, running RTMP on my MAC via VLC... all seems to be working perfect there as well.
So are you running RTSP now? Do you have Blue Iris, where is the Force TCP connections options at?

I have been bench testing the WiFi and so far I am getting Lost Signal connection issues, still troubleshooting. I am using the P/S brick that came with the DB. I was going to use an older transformer but figured I would use their P/S. I forgot to check it's rating, I almost determined my losses were coming from when the IR cut on.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I am back to fighting NoSignal issues with this WiFi version. The POE version ended up being pretty stable.

Doorbell (DB) is the Reolink WiFi DB, other Doorbell is my LaView (which is WiFi too)...
1675363238634.png

DB is the Reolink WIFi DB:
1675363461410.png

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I am back to fighting NoSignal issues with this WiFi version. The POE version ended up being pretty stable.

Doorbell (DB) is the Reolink WiFi DB, other Doorbell is my LaView (which is WiFi too)...
View attachment 152854

DB is the Reolink WIFi DB:
View attachment 152855
Do you think it could be over heating? Have you tried running it on its lowest bandwidth/resolution setting?

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
So are you running RTSP now? Do you have Blue Iris, where is the Force TCP connections options at?

I have been bench testing the WiFi and so far I am getting Lost Signal connection issues, still troubleshooting. I am using the P/S brick that came with the DB. I was going to use an older transformer but figured I would use their P/S. I forgot to check it's rating, I almost determined my losses were coming from when the IR cut on.
I am running RTSP flawlessly now. I am NOT using BI, I am using Sighthound.

Im sure there is a checkbox somewhere in Blue Iris that you can find. Maybe something to do with "keep alives" (I thought u posted somthing like that awhile back)