New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am running RTSP flawlessly now. I am NOT using BI, I am using Sighthound.

Im sure there is a checkbox somewhere in Blue Iris that you can find. Maybe something to do with "keep alives" (I thought u posted somthing like that awhile back)
So I just turned Off Keep Alives

Next will be to try RTSP again.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you think it could be over heating? Have you tried running it on its lowest bandwidth/resolution setting?
Don't think so, it has around the same Temp. as the PEO did. It is on a bench/inside for testing. I will play with Res. and bitrate to see if it changes anything. Thanks...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I have been doing a continuous Ping to check it's network connection. I pulled power and reconnected, this thing must reboot fast:

1675377948350.png

That Time Out was only like 2-3 seconds after disconnecting power and reconnecting.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is 12 hours of Send Keep Alives OFF and RTMP, no difference.
Next I am going to try RTSP

1675421774455.png

1675421935449.png

1675421981261.png

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is 12 hours of Send Keep Alives OFF and RTMP, no difference.
Next I am going to try RTSP

View attachment 152900

View attachment 152902

View attachment 152903
Ok, to preface this I would say the doorbell camera is working exactly as expected. Every time I open UI3, or BI, or the HomeKit Secure Video (via Scrypted) video feed, the thing just shows up in high quality with audio as you would expect. I only peep my log to compare against what David is seeing.

I also have a few "signal restored" right next to an "Events: request...." item in my log. What does the "Events: request 0000xxx" represent in the log?

doorbellreolink_signalrestored.jpg

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
s

strange, mine has been rock solid stable, even running though the 1 to 2 POE splitter.
My POE too. I finally got No Signal losses...but the WiFi so far is not doing so good. Still not counting out my WAP. I am moving the DB to another location, closer to where my present DDB is located.

Look at all these signal losses with 1675479707231.png On...this is the last 13 hours...

1675479599898.png

So the 1675479792141.png or Forced TCP connections you found, definitely have affected both the POE and WiFi versions...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, to preface this I would say the doorbell camera is working exactly as expected. Every time I open UI3, or BI, or the HomeKit Secure Video (via Scrypted) video feed, the thing just shows up in high quality with audio as you would expect. I only peep my log to compare against what David is seeing.

I also have a few "signal restored" right next to an "Events: request...." item in my log. What does the "Events: request 0000xxx" represent in the log?

View attachment 152975

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed this? Seems when I access the Reolink Client the DB does this, then recovers...
I understand most here are not going back in the Client once the DB is setup...just sharing what I am experiencing...
Moving DB today by the front door, but inside for now and will do more testing...

1675516132793.png

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed this? Seems when I access the Reolink Client the DB does this, then recovers...
I understand most here are not going back in the Client once the DB is setup...just sharing what I am experiencing...
Moving DB today by the front door, but inside for now and will do more testing...

View attachment 153020
Have you tried a different power source?

I just hooked my wifi one up to the supplied power supply one and curious if thats what you've been using ?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you tried a different power source?

I just hooked my wifi one up to the supplied power supply one and curious if thats what you've been using ?
I have not, though I did think about it too. I am using the power supply that came with the DB. I do have a 16V 10VA transformer I should try.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have not, though I did think about it too. I am using the power supply that came with the DB. I do have a 16V 10VA transformer I should try.
I wonder if your doorbell power supply isn’t supplying enough current? Mine has been running for four hours and no signal loss yet.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if your doorbell power supply isn’t supplying enough current? Mine has been running for four hours and no signal loss yet.
Thanks, yeah I am going to connect it to my old doorbell transformer today. 16V 10VA trans. should work since it does not send power out to a Mech./Digital Chime, I am guessing.