New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
no rain in sight... just gonna be a bit chilly
Yap looks promising! No rain and temp goes up a little, that's nice to work outdoors.
Last week i run 2 cat6 cables from office (upstairs) to master upstairs and living room down stairs so i can add a sec. asus router for backhaul mesh system, just have to buy it soon maybe when it goes in sale. And ya was raining too, but got wet too , wife said no more work in the rain. Anyway hopefully will manage next week end to get this installed.
IMG_6451.JPG

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Yap looks promising! No rain and temp goes up a little, that's nice to work outdoors.
Last week i run 2 cat6 cables from office (upstairs) to master upstairs and living room down stairs so i can add a sec. asus router for backhaul mesh system, just have to buy it soon maybe when it goes in sale. And ya was raining too, but got wet too , wife said no more work in the rain. Anyway hopefully will manage next week end to get this installed.
View attachment 148499
nice, cant wait to see how it turns out.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well just an update...
Got the cable installed took about 1.5 hour and then the video door bell holes in the door trim and hole in the side.
Installed it into the app @ riolink and all went well.
Now when adding at the BI No matter what i do i can get the stream to start.

Done for today but will still be checking this out and other settings i guess to make it work with BI as all my cam's are there.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Well just an update...
Got the cable installed took about 1.5 hour and then the video door bell holes in the door trim and hole in the side.
Installed it into the app @ riolink and all went well.
Now when adding at the BI No matter what i do i can get the stream to start.

Done for today but will still be checking this out and other settings i guess to make it work with BI as all my cam's are there.
its only 7pm... u got hours more to get this goin in BI?

i remember you need to log into the website of the doorbell and enable rtstp. then u should be able to get this goin in BI

Hows the pic quality in the reolink? I dont think u can get notifcations in the app if you are using POE correct?

Hows the chime?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is a good Home Assistant video I found. My DB came in over the weekend. Really want to bench test but this week is a busy one with the grandkids out of school and Holidays around the corner.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
From help.
"RTSP “keep alives” are reply packets sent occasionally to the camera. Most cameras either
require them or tolerate them. In rare cases, these “break” the stream and will cause
continuous re-connects each 20-30 seconds."
Imagine that, Reolink is one of the rare cases where normal RTSP keep alive packets break a device. Obviously none of us are surprised! Reolink developers are clearly a cut BELOW the rest. :cool:

There is no difference in performance as Neolink uses the proprietary Reolink protocol. Audio source can be anything in theory.
Please keep us updated on your progress and use case! I haven't looked over that information yet, but I can definitely see where this could be useful!

mrxyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Imagine that, Reolink is one of the rare cases where normal RTSP keep alive packets break a device. Obviously none of us are surprised! Reolink developers are clearly a cut BELOW the rest. :cool:

Please keep us updated on your progress and use case! I haven't looked over that information yet, but I can definitely see where this could be useful!
I'm a bit busy, hope I have time after the orthodox NY.

Freddan101

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the reminder regarding RTSP keep alive. I had it enabled in BI and it seemed to interfere with both the BI stream and the stream directly to the Reolink app. In the app the stream first tried to load and then had to reload. In that time any visitor would be gone. Crossing my fingers that it keeps working.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
anyone else get theres?

do we know when Reolink will restock these?
I got mine over this past weekend. I did try to connect to it via a POE injector to my laptop. So far no go, I am trying to see if I can bypass the App. On there site they say they come with an IP and you can use their Windows Client to connect to it. But mine is not seeing it. Still playing with it, a little at a time, been real busy. Pretty much won't be able to touch it until next week.

Have not heard of restock yet.

Merry Christmas all...

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I got mine over this past weekend. I did try to connect to it via a POE injector to my laptop. So far no go, I am trying to see if I can bypass the App. On there site they say they come with an IP and you can use their Windows Client to connect to it. But mine is not seeing it. Still playing with it, a little at a time, been real busy. Pretty much won't be able to touch it until next week.

Have not heard of restock yet.

Merry Christmas all...
U can see the ip with "Advanced ip scanner"...
My door bell is connected into a poe+ network hub with all other cameras.

All roelink cameras , mac starts with: EC:... So i easy to find the ip, even in your wireless router under 192.168.1.1

Last edited:

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
how do u like it so far?
I like Reolink better than one from

the NSC-DB2 one for sure.
I have it connected in BI with all my other cameras.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
I like Reolink better than one from
the NSC-DB2 one for sure.
I have it connected in BI with all my other cameras.
any issues so far? i take it you are recording 24/7 and have set up alerts in BI for motion, line crossing, etc?

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
any issues so far? i take it you are recording 24/7 and have set up alerts in BI for motion, line crossing, etc?
Not that i know. yet.
Yes, i do record 24/7 on all my cams ,plus the video door bell.
I may have to look at that "have set up alerts in BI for motion, line crossing, etc?" as i have not play much with those options in BI.
My notification are turned off for BI in my iphone so i do not get flooded with them. Just the door bell is on on the reo-link app
But i may have to look into it for BI also.
I have few wyze cams in the house for pet monitoring and i notice that while on BI the voice will not work if microphone is used in BI...
Anyway

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
U can see the ip with "Advanced ip scanner"...
My door bell is connected into a poe+ network hub with all other cameras.

All roelink cameras , mac starts with: EC:... So i easy to find the ip, even in your wireless router under 192.168.1.1
Thanks will try it, I like the fact it is portable. I tried (arp -a) in a cmd window but since neither my laptop or the Reolink is not connected to a router it did not work.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
cant believe this is still on back order?

whats up? just reolink, or chip shortage?