New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
cant believe this is still on back order?

whats up? just reolink, or chip shortage?
Popularity? I tried to connect to mine without the App, but still no luck. Had to abandon the testing, our 11 year old boxer girl past away this week. It's been a kind a tuff week.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Popularity? I tried to connect to mine without the App, but still no luck. Had to abandon the testing, our 11 year old boxer girl past away this week. It's been a kind a tuff week.
u may need to connect to the app first, to enable onvif? then u may be able to get rid of it?

just a guess?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
u may need to connect to the app first, to enable onvif? then u may be able to get rid of it?

just a guess?
I was trying to follow this guide...

The doorbell works, that is I can ring the bell, the IR lights come on in the dark, etc. Just have not been able to get to it to change any settings. Will be playing with it next year :), next week...trying to see if I don't have to register it to their cloud...

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It should be very simple to setup. Look at your router, pull the ip and put it in a browser, go to settings, network - advanced - port settings, enable RTSP, enable ONVIF, save and exit. Now you can add to BI or other NVR.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry, late reply. Got past my issue. First I was trying to see if I could see a default IP on the unit, then tried to get Windows running DHCP Server to give it an IP, NO Router connection. Since I have been limited on time I just ended up connecting it to my Router's Camera VLAN (No Internet Access), had to briefly enable a DHCP Server to push an IP to it, then changed the DB to a static IP. I never had time to fully devote to this bench testing since I got it a week ago. Still a bit limited but I do have a main test stream to VLC running, next will be BI testing...so far no lost frames...will let it run a few days...

So what is definite, you DO NOT have to set this up with their App (cloud).

24 hours:
1672710136125.png1672795975287.png

These are the Max Main Stream settings:
1672708765636.png

Max Sub Stream settings:
1672708825957.png

This is the firmware it came with:
1672709060179.png

Found this:
Volume Control of the Chime:
1672709341987.png

Let me know if you guys have any questions, I will try to answer what I know...the video does look good but only on the bench so far. Sorry for being late to the game...

HTH

Last edited:

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry, late reply. Got past my issue. First I was trying to see if I could see a default IP on the unit, then tried to get Windows running DHCP Server to give it an IP, NO Router connection. Since I have been limited on time I just ended up connecting it to my Router's Camera VLAN (No Internet Access), had to briefly enable a DHCP Server to push an IP to it, then changed the DB to a static IP. I never had time to fully devote to this bench testing since I got it a week ago. Still a bit limited but I do have a main test stream to VLC running, next will be BI testing...so far no lost frames...will let it run a few days...

So what is definite, you DO NOT have to set this up with their App (cloud).

View attachment 149790

These are the Max Main Stream settings:
View attachment 149779

Max Sub Stream settings:
View attachment 149780

This is the firmware it came with:
View attachment 149782

Found this:
Volume Control of the Chime:
View attachment 149783

Let me know if you guys have any questions, I will try to answer what I know...the video does look good but only on the bench so far. Sorry for being late to the game...

HTH
where are you getting those black info screenshots from above. is that what you see when you pull up the IP address of the Doorbell in Chrome or Safari?

you are testing this with a POE switch correct ?

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have same firmware.

Yes, those are from the Reolink web UI that comes up when plugging in the doorbell IP.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
where are you getting those black info screenshots from above. is that what you see when you pull up the IP address of the Doorbell in Chrome or Safari?

you are testing this with a POE switch correct ?
Those are from their Client software...they seem to have the same settings via a browser HTTP connection too.

Yes, I first had the DB connected to an Injector and to my laptop. The DB booted and worked when I pressed the button, also the IR came on too so I assumed it fully booted but could not get to it via the Client or HTTP. I am pretty sure it was not excepting an IP from my DHCP Server I had running in Windows. I just lost patience and time and connected to my main POE Switch which is connected to my pfSense Router. I probably could of got it to work on my laptop but, I am past that now.

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
u overall happy with doorbell?

poe, human detection, chime, picture quality? etc
Very happy with this doorbell as it has almost all of the requirements I requested, but I still can't get my original mechanical doorbell to function (even though it has screw terminals for the wiring). The plug-in doorbell is good enough and I have it fed into Homekit Secure Video through Scrypted and an Alexa alert.

If someone walks up to my front door the image pops up on any active TV (via apple TV and HKSV). I can't get 2-way audio unless I use the Reolink app, but that isn't a typical need for me (either answer the door or ignore it, dont need to talk to anyone).

I don't use on camera image detection, but HKSV is detecting people (single or groups), faces, and animals (dogs) very well.

BI with Code Project AI is also working well with it.

Huge improvement over wifi for sure! For the price, I can't see how anyone would recommend another option unless you are caught up in another ecosystem that is locked down (Unifi, etc.).

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Very happy with this doorbell as it has almost all of the requirements I requested, but I still can't get my original mechanical doorbell to function (even though it has screw terminals for the wiring). The plug-in doorbell is good enough and I have it fed into Homekit Secure Video through Scrypted and an Alexa alert.

If someone walks up to my front door the image pops up on any active TV (via apple TV and HKSV). I can't get 2-way audio unless I use the Reolink app, but that isn't a typical need for me (either answer the door or ignore it, dont need to talk to anyone).

I don't use on camera image detection, but HKSV is detecting people (single or groups), faces, and animals (dogs) very well.

Huge improvement over wifi for sure! For the price, I can't see how anyone would recommend another option unless you are caught up in another ecosystem that is locked down (Unifi, etc.).
I have not researched this but I am thinking that those terminals is for power IN only, and for DATA you connect NON-POE Ethernet Cable to the Ethernet Port, if someone does not have a POE switch. On other Smart DBs with only the power terminals they send power (complete the circuit) back to the Mech. Chime and usually require a Power Kit (power regulator). Since this DB does not have a Power Kit, it is telling me power is not being sent back to a Chime.

In their Client setup they show both connected, which you would not need two power sources by connecting a POE Ethernet cable and the Power from the DB transformer at the same time which tells me in the below picture the Ethernet cable is not connected to a POE source.

1672712442833.png

This is just a guess, I may be wrong...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

You could always test the voltage at the DB terminals while pushing the button and if nothing changes it kind a proves my point above...

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
I have not researched this but I am thinking that those terminals is for power IN only, and for DATA you connect NON-POE Ethernet Cable to the Ethernet Port, if someone does not have a POE switch. On other Smart DBs with only the power terminals they send power (complete the circuit) back to the Mech. Chime and usually require a Power Kit (power regulator). Since this DB does not have a Power Kit, it is telling me power is not being sent back to a Chime.

In their Client setup they show both connected, which you would not need two power sources by connecting a POE Ethernet cable and the Power from the DB transformer at the same time which tells me in the below picture the Ethernet cable is not connected to a POE source.

View attachment 149795

This is just a guess, I may be wrong...
i think u are correct. I thought this doorbell did come with the unit that u wire into ur chime, but if it didnt, im sure it wont work this way with ur OG chime.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i think u are correct. I thought this doorbell did come with the unit that u wire into ur chime, but if it didnt, im sure it wont work this way with ur OG chime.
I am sure you have done way more research on these than I have. I have read some Reddit comments in the r/reolinkcam community when I could.

The WiFi version has an Ethernet port too, which confused me, it is not a POE port, from what I have read. So in a way to use it would be like I mentioned above., Power would come from a DB transformer and DATA via either the WiFi radio or Ethernet port...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One more thing, I have read several mention the motion detection works pretty good once you get the sensitivity settings right...you are not running BI correct? I plan on using BI for motion and DeepStack for AI like my other CAMs.

Last edited:

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
One more thing, I have read several mention the motion detection works pretty good once you get the sensitivity settings right...you are not running BI correct? I plan on using BI for motion and DeepStack for AI like my other CAMs.

ill be using it with sighthound for all of the AI and motion captures. (if it ever comes back in stock)

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ill be using it with sighthound for all of the AI and motion captures. (if it ever comes back in stock)
Oh great, something else I need to research, LOL...

Thanks...