New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys, I thought I would post here. I have an REOLink that is white, then flashes white four times. I tried the reset but it didn't do anything. However, I replaced my RING doorbell with this, and yesterday I took the little voltage thing off the doorbell circuit. Could that be the issue? If I plug the doorbell in directly to the provided power adapter, then things work great.

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Aha. My instructions didn't have that. When I went to the website they mention it there though. Looks to be working now.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Aha. My instructions didn't have that. When I went to the website they mention it there though. Looks to be working now.
Can you post the URL with those instructions...thanks

Reaction score
Any idea what the "Doorbell Ringing Volume" on/off switch does? I thought it might enable a volume slider for the exterior device, but for me, it's just on or off and has no visual or audible changes that I can tell.

DoorbelRingingVolume.jpg

Freddan101

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry, two more questions:
WiFi or POE Version?
Are you seeing any NoSignal(s) in your Log with RTSP?

Thanks
I have the POE version. The firmware wasn't available in the app so I downloaded it from Reolink's site. I don't have any "NoSignal" as of yet and the delay I experienced before seems to be gone.

Nothing to do with BI, but the video feed in the iOS app sometimes times out (both with the old and new firmware). When choosing re-connect it connects right away. Very strange and slightly annoying behaviour.

Freddan101

n3wb
Reaction score
Interesting - based on the links in the info you provided, I should have a Chime section.
I do not get the Chime section highlighted in yellow. I've tried Chrome and Edge. I have done the factory reset after upgrading.

View attachment 159270
I don't have that section either. Found the original URL and the screenshot is evidently there.

I would really appreciate to be able to control the indoor chime volume remotely. When the kids go to bed I would like to mute, and be notified in other ways through Home Assistant. It could be done with a smart plug and plug the chime into that one, but one drawback with the chime is that it doesn't remember any settings when it loses power. So when turning the chime back on again you're back to default volume and ring tone.

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you post the URL with those instructions...thanks
I wasn't thinking the URL. I was looking at the paper one inside the box that I had. I had the jumpers, but there wasn't a mention of what they were for. I should have gone online first.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know how long this has been going on but has anyone else got this error? View attachment 159299
I have not noticed it and I have been checking my logs pretty regular since I got the DB.

Hardware Video Acceleration not compatible?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am running an older version of their Windows Client/Firmware:

1680864695380.png

1680866534347.png

I have the Chime section:
1680864596154.png

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have that section either. Found the original URL and the screenshot is evidently there.

I would really appreciate to be able to control the indoor chime volume remotely. When the kids go to bed I would like to mute, and be notified in other ways through Home Assistant. It could be done with a smart plug and plug the chime into that one, but one drawback with the chime is that it doesn't remember any settings when it loses power. So when turning the chime back on again you're back to default volume and ring tone.
Try the Windows Client

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have the POE version. The firmware wasn't available in the app so I downloaded it from Reolink's site. I don't have any "NoSignal" as of yet and the delay I experienced before seems to be gone.

Nothing to do with BI, but the video feed in the iOS app sometimes times out (both with the old and new firmware). When choosing re-connect it connects right away. Very strange and slightly annoying behaviour.
Since I have both POE and WiFi running, I will be upgrading firmware on both soon, just waiting for others and their reports. I am going to try RTSP on my POE again and see if I have any dropped Signals. The WiFi version was definilty giving me problems with RTSP to BI.

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've just updated to the new fw on my doorbell. So far I don't have any issues.