New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I know many are waiting to add a second or third Chime to this DB.

I found this on Reddit but cannot confirm if it works:

View attachment 167252

It's cheap enough, may be worth a try....
Thanks! Following up on this. Purchased the Kerui-521 (dual pack) off amazon and they work perfectly. Just for kicks I also tried pairing the included doorbell to the reolink chime and it works as well. The included doorbell and the reolink doorbell can be paired simultaneously to the Kerui and reolink branded chimes. This tells me that you could most likely pair two reolink doorbells to the same chime as well. I currently have 3 chimes (1 reolink, 2 Kerui) , so that the entire house is covered, paired to the reolink and Kerui doorbell working perfectly. The 521's have many more built in sounds if that is something you are particular about. I'm sure there are other 433mhz chimes that will pair as well if anyone wants to test.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mrxyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll see if I can remove some bugs from my code and hopefully I can upload it to github somewhere next week. Then you only need to buy a relay and you can use any (mechanical) chime you like.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks! Following up on this. Purchased the Kerui-521 (dual pack) off amazon and they work perfectly. Just for kicks I also tried pairing the included doorbell to the reolink chime and it works as well. The included doorbell and the reolink doorbell can be paired simultaneously to the Kerui and reolink branded chimes. This tells me that you could most likely pair two reolink doorbells to the same chime as well. I currently have 3 chimes (1 reolink, 2 Kerui) , so that the entire house is covered, paired to the reolink and Kerui doorbell working perfectly. The 521's have many more built in sounds if that is something you are particular about. I'm sure there are other 433mhz chimes that will pair as well if anyone wants to test.

Very Kewl, thank you...I will order these, may throw one outdoors, under a covered patio, and see how it works. I still have my ReoLink DB at the old house, will be retrieving it after house sells...Left it to Capture Motion on the SD-Card...

1690155542576.png

Good Price...

Last edited:

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I got mine installed yesterday. Overall I'm very happy with it. I have it set up on my camera VLAN, and had the router assign it an ip address. It has never been exposed to the internet, so I can confirm it is possible to set this db up locally. I'm actually surprised at the image quality in the day AND night, though I have bright porch lights. The only thing I wish it had was WDR, as I am unable to see faces in the daytime under my covered porch when sun is bright.

View attachment 166993

No issues at night with proper lighting.

View attachment 166994

I haven't had time to play with image settings at home, but hopefully I can make it work.

I ended up installing on the inside of my door frame near the glass sidelights, so I needed a bracket to turn the db at least 45 degrees since it was perpendicular to the door opening. I used the Wasserstein 30° to 55° Horizontal Wedge Wall Mount

It works good. The top mounting hole is a direct fit, but I had to use a general purpose screw for the bottom hole to make it work. Once installed, it looks like it was made for this db. One thing I would have done different is to use cat5 stranded cable instead of the cat6 solid that I used. There was not much room behind to hide cable, and it was tricky to flex the solid cable, but it worked out in the end.
Question... was thinking of replacing my Dahua VTO2301 doorbell with this one but your post noted issues with it not having WDR..and that would be an issue for me due to they way my doorway is set up with bright sunlight behind people when they come to the door I have to turn wdr on in my current doorbell so I an see their faces...were you able to find a solution to this?? Same question to any other current users of this doorbell...TIA

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Question... was thinking of replacing my Dahua VTO2301 doorbell with this one but your post noted issues with it not having WDR..and that would be an issue for me due to they way my doorway is set up with bright sunlight behind people when they come to the door I have to turn wdr on in my current doorbell so I an see their faces...were you able to find a solution to this?? Same question to any other current users of this doorbell...TIA
I will say I had to play with the settings to get my Daytime video acceptable. I too miss WDR from my Hikvision DB. I have/had a covered porch and when someone would come out of the sun into the porch, default settings had them too dark. I will say you have to only adjust a little at a time. When I first was playing with it, I was adjusting too much and too little.

I can't speak for Dahua's DB but this ReoLink rocks in my opinion. Our new house faces East so I will have more sun than our other house which faces North. We will see how it works in a month or so, once our other house sells and I install it at the new house.

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I will say I had to play with the settings to get my Daytime video acceptable. I too miss WDR from my Hikvision DB. I have/had a covered porch and when someone would come out of the sun into the porch, default settings had them too dark. I will say you have to only adjust a little at a time. When I first was playing with it, I was adjusting too much and too little.

I can't speak for Dahua's DB but this ReoLink rocks in my opinion. Our new house faces East so I will have more sun than our other house which faces North. We will see how it works in a month or so, once our other house sells and I install it at the new house.
Thanks I like the Dahua but I don't like the low resolution picture quality (1080p). My front door has an overhang so when people step closer to door from the sun into the shade their faces become too dark and people of color are even worse...so kind of worried this dB without wdr might be worse

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks I like the Dahua but I don't like the low resolution picture quality (1080p). My front door has an overhang so when people step closer to door from the sun into the shade their faces become too dark and people of color are even worse...so kind of worried this dB without wdr might be worse
What I had to come to the conclusion was I wanted good picture of anyone on my porch, my other camera would get them walking up to the porch. What I adjusted the ReoLink to, was the bright sun would wash their face out when they walked up to the porch, once in the porch I got a good facial. My 5442 would get a good facial out on the driveway, them walking up to the porch. Why this DB does not have BLC or WDR is beyond me. I will say the night vision is very good on this DB. If you search my name here in this thread I have several examples of pictures from the DB.

HTH

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Why this DB does not have BLC or WDR is beyond me. I will say the night vision is very good on this DB. If you search my name here in this thread I have several examples of pictures from the DB.

HTH
Most likely because the processor is weak to get to this price point. That is why there is no h265 either. This doorbell particularly the POE is great for $80-100 bux, but they had to cut corners - for example the inability to trigger a preexisting home chime. Not a huge deal for me and there are workarounds, but still. Fix the above mentioned issues and it could be a 200 dollar doorbell. Add a downward facing package cam and its value rises to 300. Problem is the regular reolink customer base is looking for a 99 dollar doorbell. Why hik or dahua has not done this is beyond me.

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What's funny in my case I didn't want a doorbell cam as most people other than friends or neighbors won't ring the bell(salesmen, deliveries and scammers)...but I wanted two way talk ...If the booby cam had it built in it would be perfect for this...doorbell camera and package cam and to talk to people when needed. So I ended up getting the wedge cam first as a package cam, then when my regular doorbell died got the dahua doorbell for about twice what Reolink is charging for theirs now...

Attachments

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@David L I searched this thread for your posts but couldnt find any shots of people in your porch area .....just shots with no people..if you have any could you post any shots like we're talking about sunny outside and persons at the door under cover of shade? I guess I could just pull the trigger and order it and return it if it doesnt give decent face shots, but just a lot of hassle changing out and back again lol....

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@David L I searched this thread for your posts but couldnt find any shots of people in your porch area .....just shots with no people..if you have any could you post any shots like we're talking about sunny outside and persons at the door under cover of shade? I guess I could just pull the trigger and order it and return it if it doesnt give decent face shots, but just a lot of hassle changing out and back again lol....
Hmmm, maybe I posted them on another thread. So sorry, right now I have no access to anything, my whole network is down, in a box, no BI, no NAS :(. We just moved. I will be bringing the ReoLink DB from our old house, left it with the SD-Card in to Cap motion events, we will be selling the house. Even the PC that I would have the pics on is also boxed still. Living out of boxes, not fun.

Maybe someone here can post some for ya...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most likely because the processor is weak to get to this price point. That is why there is no h265 either. This doorbell particularly the POE is great for $80-100 bux, but they had to cut corners - for example the inability to trigger a preexisting home chime. Not a huge deal for me and there are workarounds, but still. Fix the above mentioned issues and it could be a 200 dollar doorbell. Add a downward facing package cam and its value rises to 300. Problem is the regular reolink customer base is looking for a 99 dollar doorbell. Why hik or dahua has not done this is beyond me.
Makes sense...

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hmmm, maybe I posted them on another thread. So sorry, right now I have no access to anything, my whole network is down, in a box, no BI, no NAS :(. We just moved. I will be bringing the ReoLink DB from our old house, left it with the SD-Card in to Cap motion events, we will be selling the house. Even the PC that I would have the pics on is also boxed still. Living out of boxes, not fun.

Maybe someone here can post some for ya...
ok thanks... one more thing...I saw in one of your posts you mentioned you are able to view your cameras in Tivimate...would you be able to point me to a source for instructions on how to set that up? I have Tivimate and had no idea that was even possible lol... thanks and good luck on your move...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ok thanks... one more thing...I saw in one of your posts you mentioned you are able to view your cameras in Tivimate...would you be able to point me to a source for instructions on how to set that up? I have Tivimate and had no idea that was even possible lol... thanks and good luck on your move...
Wasn't me...I found @flynreelow message:

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Got the POE doorbell in today and have it hooked up on my workbench trying to configure. Im no where near as technically proficient as most of you guys on here... Ive read this entire thread twice now and my head hurts just trying to understand some of the concepts and hacks you guys discuss lol. So this is where Im at now and hoping for some assistance. I have the POE version with firmware V3.0.0.1459_22102808. I initially hooked it up to the POE switch all my other cams are connected to and couldnt access it so I used the app and connected to it instead. After that I got access to the webgui and added the protocols you guys discussed and changed the IP address to a static one in line with my other cams. I was able to add it to Blue Iris with my other cams and have it using RTMP which after reading your posts looks like its the preferred protocol? My problem now is I cant figure out how to access it with the android phone app so I can use the two talk part of it. I deleted it and tried adding it back several different ways but cannot access it with the app. Can anyone tell me how to do so? Also wanting to add it to my Ipad we keep in the living room. I have our old Dahua doorbell set up to where I can access it on both my phone and my Ipad to answer the door via the DSS app...is it possible to have the Reolink software setup on more than one device also so it can be answered from either? TIA........