New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

EyeOfSauron

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I see a lot of comments about settings via the mobile app, does the WIFI version not have a UI you can reach by URL (like the POE version)?
There is indeed a web UI, but the options differ slightly from the mobile UI. The mobile app still accesses the doorbell over the local network if you have the doorbell isolated from the Internet.

Reaction score
Guys, is it safe to change the RTSP port on the Reolink doorbell to 8010?
It's conflicting with my NVR and I'm not able to see my NVR cameras over the cellular network.

COtto1984

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I will give it a shot, I actually saw some improvement on this, possibly due to BI restart/upgrade.

I am only using it for capturing the doorbell press for now. I don't want to depend on Reolink's motion detection. I will either use BI's motion trigger + CodeProject AI, or use one of the zwave motion detectors to trigger when someone is on the porch.

Seeing some weird delays with the trigger occasionally (should be instant IMHO), so I will be doing some more testing on this.
I've been playing around with the doorbell press trigger in Blue Iris as well. Great find on the "RuleEngine/MyRuleDetector/Visitor" ONVIF trigger. Since I also have motion triggers setup (in Blue Iris), I cloned the camera to get ONVIF events and am only trying to capture doorbell presses via the clone. I have it setup to send me a critical alert via push notification to my mobile devices when there is a doorbell press. One thing I noticed is I get two push notifications with each press. I get an alert with the initial press and then another about 15 seconds later. Anyone have any suggestions for how I can tweak this to only get the initial notification? I assume the doorbell is somehow changing status again about 15 seconds after the initial press (see BI log below). Are you seeing similar outcome with doorbell press?

1697814649739.png
1697814680362.png

From my Blue Iris log after a single doorbell press.

0 10/20/2023 10:05:16.624 AM Cam1B ONVIF Event: RuleEngine/MyRuleDetector/Visitor (PropertyOperation="Changed")
3 10/20/2023 10:05:16.652 AM Cam1B ONVIF (RuleEngine/MyRuleDetector/Visitor (PropertyOperation="Changed"))
0 10/20/2023 10:05:18.129 AM Cam1B Push: OK to iPhone
0 10/20/2023 10:05:31.914 AM Cam1B ONVIF Event: RuleEngine/MyRuleDetector/Visitor (PropertyOperation="Changed")
3 10/20/2023 10:05:31.920 AM Cam1B ONVIF (RuleEngine/MyRuleDetector/Visitor (PropertyOperation="Changed"))
0 10/20/2023 10:05:34.048 AM Cam1B Push: OK to iPhone

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is indeed a web UI, but the options differ slightly from the mobile UI. The mobile app still accesses the doorbell over the local network if you have the doorbell isolated from the Internet.
Can this doorbell cam be setup via a browser as well? I have no intention of this thing every getting to the internet and don't want to have to install an app just to get it working. Never used a reolink before so I'm not sure what I'm getting into if I try this.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Can this doorbell cam be setup via a browser as well? I have no intention of this thing every getting to the internet and don't want to have to install an app just to get it working. Never used a reolink before so I'm not sure what I'm getting into if I try this.
yes

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well, I was just about to brag about my triumphant install in this thread... and immediately realized from the photo in the OP that I had installed the wedge backwards, and that's why it was so janky...

Now I'm back after flipping that bracket over. This whole frustration started when I saw a Nest doorbell on Slickdeals for $75. Looking into it, it seemed it wouldn't connect to BlueIris, and required an internet connection. Then I found this thread and decided to purchase the Reolink PoE doorbell since it was on sale for the same $75.

What I figured would be 45min of using the existing doorbell wire as a pull string for cat6 ended up being 3 hours of climbing up and down from the attic. The existing doorbell wire happened to be cat 3, which was a pleasant surprise, and the transformer where it connected to was just 2ft from the switch panel in the coat closet. I didn't like that they just slipped 2 of the strands out from behind the wall plate of the electrical outlet, so I decided to move the wire 2 ft to where I pull all my network cables. The cat 3 was nailed down to studs somewhere in the wall, and no amount of pulling would get it loose.

I ended up cutting the cat 3 cable, pulling a short section of cat 6 down to my PoE switch, and splicing them together.

After all that, I had difficulty getting BI to detect the Reolink. You have to enable network settings on the camera that are switched off by default. Then, the detected settings were wrong, so the doorbell wouldn't ring the chime. The default RTSP port is 8000, but BI set it to 8999. I enabled unsecure http, so then it finally detected port 80 for RTSP and the chime started working.

Still can't get BI to use camera triggers for recording, but I might not care since I use BI to trigger everything else. I've got to figure out how to get push notifications on my phone without internet connectivity on the camera. The audio out to the doorbell doesn't work in either BI or the phone app (which I plan to delete at some point).

I'm pleased enough with how well it works at the moment that learning/fixing the issues above will probably wait a long time. I'm exhausted from all the straining on my tiptoes, pulling fiberglass fish rods in cramped spaces, trying not to fall off rafter beams, and finding my way out of the attic in complete darkness when my headlamp battery died (and I didn't have my cell phone as a backup). Didn't fall through the ceiling though, and I have video integration with BI, so I consider that a success.

I shudder to think of all the time spent on these projects lost when I move. Even worse, how screwed my wife would be if I died. No more automatic watering in the garden, no more voice controlled fireplaces, no robotic vacuuming, no controlling the thermostat remotely... she'd have to move into a tiny house and have the cable company figure out how to install internet service.

Last edited:

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Focus issue on my Reolink? The bricks 15ft away appear in focus, but people 3ft away are soft. Is there anything I can adjust?
Doorbell.20231024_105433702.77.jpg

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well, I guess that's why there's a thread mocking the results of these terrible cameras.

Still like having one, but looking forward to when the technology improves.

EyeOfSauron

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My Reolink WIFI doorbell has been pretty solid, with the exception of the horrible audio delay. It is not a fixed delay, and in fact it seems like the delay grows over time after a doorbell reboot, so I cannot simply delay the video in Blue Iris.
When I checked the recordings on Halloween, the audio was gone altogether until I rebooted the doorbell.

Any ideas on how to address this? I am streaming to BI via RTSP, should I try a different protocol?

Also, there is virtually no delay when streaming the doorbell feed with max bitrate via the Reolink app.

1698952143770.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Using RTMP with mine in BI, no audio delays:

Reolink-doorbell-BlueIris.jpg

EyeOfSauron

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Using RTMP with mine in BI, no audio delays
I am giving this a try. So far it seems like about 1 second delay on audio doing the "clap test", I will keep checking and if it stays consistent then I can at least compensate for this.

Weird that the audio is perfect when streaming in Reolink app, yet BI is having issues, I guess something screwy with how Reolink implements the streaming.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
anyone have issues using the reolink doorbell in the passed few days? was there a recent update?

not working the same within my sighthound app just out of the blue.

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just picked up the WiFi version of this doorbell, I didn't bother going through the typical setup, but plugged it into power then into a patch cable, the RJ45 port works. Haven't set up WiFi but I see option for it in the Network menu.
Can this work on both Wifi and Wired? Interesting

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just picked up the WiFi version of this doorbell, I didn't bother going through the typical setup, but plugged it into power then into a patch cable, the RJ45 port works. Haven't set up WiFi but I see option for it in the Network menu.
Can this work on both Wifi and Wired? Interesting
Only one not both.

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just curious why people run this on RTMP vs RTSP on BI - I have mine (POE) via RTSP and works just fine...