New router not seeing cameras

feats

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey, long time browser first time poster. Still, I'm a relative newb at all this stuff.

I've got a 4-Hikvision setup I put together 5 years ago running through a POE switch, hosted on Blue Iris.

I recently switched out my router for a mesh router setup (TP-link Deco M9). Now, the cameras are showing "no signal" on Blue Iris and I cannot access them through the browser (chrome/IE). However, the cameras are still showing normally on SADP with their previous settings (assigned IPs). See attached.

I went into the router UI and I cannot see the cameras (checked IPs and MAC IDs). I tried swapping out the POE switch, so that's not the problem.

Next steps for diagnostics? Is it time to start factory resetting everything and rebuilding?

tldr: new router, cameras still showing on SADP but cannot access cameras through browser

Thanks.

edit: Solved! Changed all the cams to 192.168.68.X and we're a go. Thanks team and @SouthernYankee

Attachments

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Just a guess but your new router has a new IP address scheme. What the old IP address of your cameras and PC and what is it now? You can change the cameras using the SADP tool, I believe since I don't use Hikvision cameras.

feats

n3wb
Reaction score
This idea definitely has merit. The cameras still have the same IP address listed in SADP tool, which is user-assigned so that makes sense. However, I wonder if I need to change the IPV4 gateway? My router UI is not at 192.168.1.1 anymore, now it's at 192.168.68.1 . So should I change the gateway for the cameras?

As far as the device IP address scheme, most of the devices on my network seem to have been assigned the traditional 192.168.1.X where 0 < X < 255 .

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Two solutions.
1. Change the router to 192.168.1.1. reboot every thing on the network.

2. Leave the router at 192.168.68.1 , change the camera static ip addresses to that network 192.168.68.x . Change the bi static address to that network.

The end result will be the same. All devices on the same sub net 192.168.1.1. Or 192.168.68.1

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
When you have static IP addresses on the network, make sure the addresses are NOT within the range of addresses used by the router's DHCP server. This is usually configurable in the router. E.g. 192.168.1.100 through 192.168.0.149 might be the default DHCP range. In that case it would be best to set the cameras outside of that range.

feats

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay, lots to work with here, guys. I'll update after a bit of tinkering. Thanks a ton

edit: Solved! Changed all the cams to 192.168.68.X and we're a go. Thanks team and @SouthernYankee

Last edited:

feats

n3wb
Reaction score
Two solutions.
1. Change the router to 192.168.1.1. reboot every thing on the network.

2. Leave the router at 192.168.68.1 , change the camera static ip addresses to that network 192.168.68.x . Change the bi static address to that network.

The end result will be the same. All devices on the same sub net 192.168.1.1. Or 192.168.68.1
This worked, thanks a ton

SONS 360

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey, long time browser first time poster. Still, I'm a relative newb at all this stuff.

I've got a 4-Hikvision setup I put together 5 years ago running through a POE switch, hosted on Blue Iris.

I recently switched out my router for a mesh router setup (TP-link Deco M9). Now, the cameras are showing "no signal" on Blue Iris and I cannot access them through the browser (chrome/IE). However, the cameras are still showing normally on SADP with their previous settings (assigned IPs). See attached.

I went into the router UI and I cannot see the cameras (checked IPs and MAC IDs). I tried swapping out the POE switch, so that's not the problem.

Next steps for diagnostics? Is it time to start factory resetting everything and rebuilding?

tldr: new router, cameras still showing on SADP but cannot access cameras through browser

Thanks.

S
Am wondering if all the cables are connected, recently got LIVE STREAMING setup correctly. Ran into similar task, had minor era's mostly cable connections.