New System - Can someone look this over

Saad2605

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Not really that well versed in the security camera world but looking to add a system to a commercial building where we have been having issues with break-ins and such. Can you guys look and tell me if this system is fine.

System 1: Business Park Security
NVR: iDS-7608NXI-I2/8P/X(C)
Cameras: IDS-2CD75C5G0-IZHSY 2.8-12MM (4)

I know this is probably an overkill system but wanted to see what your thoughts are as far as compatibility and usage. The area will be well lit at night with heavy duty flood lights so im assuming the cameras should still be able to capture color. Is there any other system you guys would recommend. The management company essentially wants something that's going to 8-12 mp (preferably 12) and is a good system with strong features.

And then I need to build a separate system for myself covering my building so if you guys could recommend a NVR and cameras. I'm satisfied with 8 mp 4k cameras and would prefer colorvu cameras however not required. I am leaning towards a ds system but I can't make sense of hikvisions systems so if someone is able to guide me that would be greatly appreciated.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of us here wouldn't buy a 12MP as it isn't on an ideal MP/sensor. Now with you having lights at night, you might get away with it.

See this thread for a chart of ideal MP/sensor:

Here we chase sensor size over MP. And purchase the correct focal length for the areas to IDENTIFY. In many instances chasing MP results in poor night performance.

For your home, do a search here. Many have not been impressed with the Hikvision ColorVu series. Keep in mind that any camera called "full color" or "night color", etc. still require light. They are not magic and do not defy physics.

Many people have come here after buying the Hikvision ColorVu series expressing their disappointment in the picture quality of the camera because they were expecting magic. If you do not have ambient light outside or do not like the white LED lights on, you are better off with cameras that can see infrared. ColorVu type cameras cannot see infrared, so you can't add infrared later.

Further, it's onboard white LED lights are not as bright as the 4K/X. There seems to be more complaints about the Hik version at night than the 4K/X. If you want a full color, the 4K/X is a better choice.

Here is link to a thread that shows the disappointment of many thinking a ColorVu camera was magic and could defy physics. Full Color type cameras are great if you have light, but will be horrible if you do not have enough light.

ThomasCamFan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looking at the NVR specs, some of the AI features are constrained by the camera's MP. So double check all specs to confirm the NVR will support your camera's MP (and the AI features you expect to use).

- Thomas

Saad2605

n3wb
Reaction score
Most of us here wouldn't buy a 12MP as it isn't on an ideal MP/sensor. Now with you having lights at night, you might get away with it.

See this thread for a chart of ideal MP/sensor:

Here we chase sensor size over MP. And purchase the correct focal length for the areas to IDENTIFY. In many instances chasing MP results in poor night performance.

For your home, do a search here. Many have not been impressed with the Hikvision ColorVu series. Keep in mind that any camera called "full color" or "night color", etc. still require light. They are not magic and do not defy physics.

Many people have come here after buying the Hikvision ColorVu series expressing their disappointment in the picture quality of the camera because they were expecting magic. If you do not have ambient light outside or do not like the white LED lights on, you are better off with cameras that can see infrared. ColorVu type cameras cannot see infrared, so you can't add infrared later.

Further, it's onboard white LED lights are not as bright as the 4K/X. There seems to be more complaints about the Hik version at night than the 4K/X. If you want a full color, the 4K/X is a better choice.

Here is link to a thread that shows the disappointment of many thinking a ColorVu camera was magic and could defy physics. Full Color type cameras are great if you have light, but will be horrible if you do not have enough light.

Awesome! Thank you guys for the quick update! I will scale back probably and look at the 8mp cameras instead. Im not super concerned about sensor size since the area will be lit by 31000 lumen flood lights so there will be plenty of light. I was more so concerned about the varifocal since this is for commercial I will most likely be using them at a higher zoom ratio since these will be mounted higher up.

What about this camera instead?
DS-2CD2783G2-IZS

So I was considering using those same cameras in the second system as well for the outside since again its in the same well lit area.

For the insides of the building which have regular room lights on, I was looking at these
DS-2CD2183G2-IU

Now for the remainder of the office areas which don't have light I was confused as to which cameras to use since it seems like many of these new cameras all have 1/2.8 sensors. I don't necessarily need colorvu so as you recommended wittaj I will gladly skip that color cameras for standard IR.

Looking at the NVR specs, some of the AI features are constrained by the camera's MP. So double check all specs to confirm the NVR will support your camera's MP (and the AI features you expect to use).

- Thomas
As for the features, I did not even notice that so thank you! Mainly the features I am worried about is motion tracking, and human/vehicle alerts so technically the deepinmind system is unnecessary but the property manager wants to see a top of the line system so here we are. I will actually look at showing him an acusense system instead maybe since it seems to have the same feature set for the most part.

Please let me know what you guys think. Am I on the right track! And thank you to both for the amazing information!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I guess the main thing is what is the distance you want to IDENTIFY? A 12mm focal length is tough beyond 35-40 feet, even less with 8MP on a sensor that is designed for a 2MP - the 2MP will kick its butt all night long. Depending on how high up they are, you may not get IDENTIFY past 20 feet. My 32mm 4MP on the much larger 1/1." sensor camera cannot IDENTIFY at 40 feet at night.

31,000 lumen sounds like a lot, but it is all about light focus and dispersion. I have 35,000 lumen radiating off my house and at 40 feet my 12mm is more observe or recognize than identify. Plus it wasn't enough light for the camera to run in color unless I forced it into color.

Domes are not recommended outside unless it is well protected from the elements. The big issue is that the domes will hold onto water droplets much longer than a turret or bullet and thus any dirt on it can then become problematic. And during a rain event, the camera is basically blind...

1664487177343.png

The domes attract lots of dust. Then rain. Then dirty rain spots. Glare from all angles of the sun. Then over time the sun will "fog" the dome like a car headlight.

Saad2605

n3wb
Reaction score
I guess the main thing is what is the distance you want to IDENTIFY? A 12mm focal length is tough beyond 35-40 feet, even less with 8MP on a sensor that is designed for a 2MP - the 2MP will kick its butt all night long. Depending on how high up they are, you may not get IDENTIFY past 20 feet. My 32mm 4MP on the much larger 1/1." sensor camera cannot IDENTIFY at 40 feet at night.

31,000 lumen sounds like a lot, but it is all about light focus and dispersion. I have 35,000 lumen radiating off my house and at 40 feet my 12mm is more observe or recognize than identify. Plus it wasn't enough light for the camera to run in color unless I forced it into color.

Domes are not recommended outside unless it is well protected from the elements. The big issue is that the domes will hold onto water droplets much longer than a turret or bullet and thus any dirt on it can then become problematic. And during a rain event, the camera is basically blind...

View attachment 141206

The domes attract lots of dust. Then rain. Then dirty rain spots. Glare from all angles of the sun. Then over time the sun will "fog" the dome like a car headlight.
I don’t know why I didn’t come here sooner ‍♂ So many things which I didn’t even realize I overlooked. Will definitely consider bullets in that case. Can’t recall if there is an overhang which would protect it but regardless the sun would be beating down on it all day. How come so many professional companies recommend dome cameras?
So I might actually have to consider getting a higher focal length camera in that case. Potentially will consider adding a second camera, one to identify, and one to observe.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Domes are not turrets. A turret camera does not have a plastic dome over the camera itself. It is a round ball that contains the camera with a normal glass/plastic, flat, faceplate. Turrets are a little more vandal proof because they are round and can't be grabbed to turn them once they're installed and locked into position.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Not really that well versed in the security camera world but looking to add a system to a commercial building where we have been having issues with break-ins and such. Can you guys look and tell me if this system is fine.

System 1: Business Park Security
NVR: iDS-7608NXI-I2/8P/X(C)
Cameras: IDS-2CD75C5G0-IZHSY 2.8-12MM (4)

I know this is probably an overkill system but wanted to see what your thoughts are as far as compatibility and usage. The area will be well lit at night with heavy duty flood lights so im assuming the cameras should still be able to capture color. Is there any other system you guys would recommend. The management company essentially wants something that's going to 8-12 mp (preferably 12) and is a good system with strong features.

And then I need to build a separate system for myself covering my building so if you guys could recommend a NVR and cameras. I'm satisfied with 8 mp 4k cameras and would prefer colorvu cameras however not required. I am leaning towards a ds system but I can't make sense of hikvisions systems so if someone is able to guide me that would be greatly appreciated.
Hi @Saad2605

Question: "What type of vehicle do I need for my business?"

Think a bit about this question I am asking you before you reply ...

You probably have many questions to ask me before you can give me that answer.

Same with the question " .. security camera system for a commercial building where we have been having issues with break-ins and such. Can you guys look and tell me if this system is fine. .. "

Many questions to think of here ..

1) What time of the day?
2) What type of neighborhood?
3) Are the thieves coming in on foot or on vehicles?
4) How much is the value? How much are you willing to spend?
5) Alarm system .. do you have an alarm system?
6) Are the attackers masked?
7) Will the LEO respond to alarms / calls? ( we have a member who alerts police to breakins real time .. good service .. )
8) How big is the area?

In general, plan for more cameras than you image at first .. plan to spend more money than you image also ..

layout matters,
areas you need to protect matter, ..

ideally want a few top quality cameras to cover the more important / critical areas .. can use cheaper cameras to see what is going on in other areas ..

Saad2605

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @Saad2605

Question: "What type of vehicle do I need for my business?"

Think a bit about this question I am asking you before you reply ...

You probably have many questions to ask me before you can give me that answer.

Same with the question " .. security camera system for a commercial building where we have been having issues with break-ins and such. Can you guys look and tell me if this system is fine. .. "

Many questions to think of here ..

1) What time of the day?
2) What type of neighborhood?
3) Are the thieves coming in on foot or on vehicles?
4) How much is the value? How much are you willing to spend?
5) Alarm system .. do you have an alarm system?
6) Are the attackers masked?
7) Will the LEO respond to alarms / calls? ( we have a member who alerts police to breakins real time .. good service .. )
8) How big is the area?

In general, plan for more cameras than you image at first .. plan to spend more money than you image also ..

layout matters,
areas you need to protect matter, ..

ideally want a few top quality cameras to cover the more important / critical areas .. can use cheaper cameras to see what is going on in other areas ..
That's a great way to break it down! Thanks!

So day time I am looking for coverage as well but primarily concerned about night time. Its a back road with no pass through traffic at later times so an easy target. Last break in we had, they wore masks and gloves and we weren't able to ID anyone but I would still like to add some more cameras in prominent areas.

I am considering some of the Lorex system that Costco carries since those have a spotlight and siren on them when they detect motion and I am hoping that it acts as a deterrent. But I know a lot of those systems aren't commercial grade exactly. This was the system I was looking at if maybe you guys think it would be any good?
Lorex 4K 32 Channels 8TB Wired NVR with 16 4K Bullet and 8 4K Dome Cameras

Now as far as a custom system found these cameras which have a much better sensor and with the combination of the flood lights I think should be good outside.
Cameras:
PCI-B18Z2HS (Use 8 of these outside 4 of which will be used to cover the entrance of the part and 4 for the building exterior)
DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL (Was debating to use this in the lobby since it can get a full view of the lobby, and it has a spotlight built in)
DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL (Was trying to stay away from colorvu based on the response, but the strobe and siren are something I am looking for. These would be for the offices which have motion activated lights so low light color performance should not be an issue.)
PCI-B15Z2S (These would be used during work hours to monitor the warehouse and employees)

This is combination to an alarm system with strobes inside and outside is hopefully what I am hoping will end this theft situation? Feedback?

And honestly I want to thank each and everyone of you since it has actually helped out a lot.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's a great way to break it down! Thanks!

So day time I am looking for coverage as well but primarily concerned about night time. Its a back road with no pass through traffic at later times so an easy target. Last break in we had, they wore masks and gloves and we weren't able to ID anyone but I would still like to add some more cameras in prominent areas.

I am considering some of the Lorex system that Costco carries since those have a spotlight and siren on them when they detect motion and I am hoping that it acts as a deterrent. But I know a lot of those systems aren't commercial grade exactly. This was the system I was looking at if maybe you guys think it would be any good?
Lorex 4K 32 Channels 8TB Wired NVR with 16 4K Bullet and 8 4K Dome Cameras

Now as far as a custom system found these cameras which have a much better sensor and with the combination of the flood lights I think should be good outside.
Cameras:
PCI-B18Z2HS (Use 8 of these outside 4 of which will be used to cover the entrance of the part and 4 for the building exterior)
DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL (Was debating to use this in the lobby since it can get a full view of the lobby, and it has a spotlight built in)
DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL (Was trying to stay away from colorvu based on the response, but the strobe and siren are something I am looking for. These would be for the offices which have motion activated lights so low light color performance should not be an issue.)
PCI-B15Z2S (These would be used during work hours to monitor the warehouse and employees)

This is combination to an alarm system with strobes inside and outside is hopefully what I am hoping will end this theft situation? Feedback?

And honestly I want to thank each and everyone of you since it has actually helped out a lot.
Hi @Saad2605

" .. primarily concerned about night time. .. "

DO not buy the newer Lorex cameras .. they have small sensors.

In general all the consumer grade cameras have smaller sensors, and many of the security camera installers will sell customers on cheaper systems which have cameras with smaller sensors.

If you are serious about low light performance look for:
4MP cameras with 1/1.8" sensors
8MP cameras with 1/1.2" sensors

Go with either Dahua OEM or Hikvision OEM cameras ..

Get an NVR to match ( same OEM and same tier / level of functionality ), or something like Blue Iris and a PoE switch.

Camera placement is critical.

Camera tuning is important.

Testing real world conditions is important.

( note, I have not looked closely at your camera selection, quickly they seem ok .. however you want to get a Hikvision NVR that matches the same functionality that the cameras have .. )

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 on staying away from the Lorex from Costco. Keep in mind the Lorex all in a box kit is a very stripped down version of a Dahua camera with less than ideal MP/sensor ratios among other things, like bandwidth limited NVR and lesser quality. It is built cheap to sell cheap.

When we had a thief come thru here and get into a lot of cars, the police couldn't use one video or photo from anyone's system but mine. Not even my other neighbors Costco Lorex $1,300 8MP system provided useful info - the cams just didn't cut it at night.

His system wasn't even a year old and after that event has started replacing with cameras from @EMPIRETECANDY here based on my recommendation and seeing my results. Andy's cameras were literally plug-n-play with the Lorex NVR. By the time we got inside, the cameras were already showing on his monitor. He is still shocked a 2MP camera performs better than his 4k cameras and he cannot figure out why- it is because his 8MP Lorex system was on the same size sensor as the 2MP so his cameras need over 4 times the light. Sensor size and optical zoom is more important than MP. Further mine could run in color and his could not.

Here is one of many threads where people bought Lorex from Costco and then started switching out.

The active deterrence cameras are gimmicky. The strobe light is only seen if you are looking directly at the camera. They are about as bright as a cell phone flashlight. The siren is more of a deterrent than the strobe. Depending on the location, it may or may not be heard, at which point you would be better off with a better camera and an external siren.

Saad2605

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @Saad2605

" .. primarily concerned about night time. .. "

DO not buy the newer Lorex cameras .. they have small sensors.

In general all the consumer grade cameras have smaller sensors, and many of the security camera installers will sell customers on cheaper systems which have cameras with smaller sensors.

If you are serious about low light performance look for:
4MP cameras with 1/1.8" sensors
8MP cameras with 1/1.2" sensors

Go with either Dahua OEM or Hikvision OEM cameras ..

Get an NVR to match ( same OEM and same tier / level of functionality ), or something like Blue Iris and a PoE switch.

Camera placement is critical.

Camera tuning is important.

Testing real world conditions is important.

( note, I have not looked closely at your camera selection, quickly they seem ok .. however you want to get a Hikvision NVR that matches the same functionality that the cameras have .. )
+1 on staying away from the Lorex from Costco. Keep in mind the Lorex all in a box kit is a very stripped down version of a Dahua camera with less than ideal MP/sensor ratios among other things, like bandwidth limited NVR and lesser quality. It is built cheap to sell cheap.

When we had a thief come thru here and get into a lot of cars, the police couldn't use one video or photo from anyone's system but mine. Not even my other neighbors Costco Lorex $1,300 8MP system provided useful info - the cams just didn't cut it at night.

His system wasn't even a year old and after that event has started replacing with cameras from @EMPIRETECANDY here based on my recommendation and seeing my results. Andy's cameras were literally plug-n-play with the Lorex NVR. By the time we got inside, the cameras were already showing on his monitor. He is still shocked a 2MP camera performs better than his 4k cameras and he cannot figure out why- it is because his 8MP Lorex system was on the same size sensor as the 2MP so his cameras need over 4 times the light. Sensor size and optical zoom is more important than MP. Further mine could run in color and his could not.

Here is one of many threads where people bought Lorex from Costco and then started switching out.

The active deterrence cameras are gimmicky. The strobe light is only seen if you are looking directly at the camera. They are about as bright as a cell phone flashlight. The siren is more of a deterrent than the strobe. Depending on the location, it may or may not be heard, at which point you would be better off with a better camera and an external siren.
Noted!! Definitely staying away from lorex then. Will look into better cameras with an external strobe tied into the alarm system.
I will go over some more camera options. Also have to check dahua. Many of the hikvision cameras seem to have very small sensors, with a few exceptions of their performance line, which were the ones I listed. I will do some more research and get back to you guys!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Review - Loryata (Dahua OEM) IPC-T5442T-ZE varifocal Turret

Review - OEM IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP AI Varifocal Bullet Camera With Starlight+

Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+ Turret

Review IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED (Turret, Full Color, Starlight+)

Review: IPC-HDBW5442R-ASE-NI - Dahua Technology Pro AI Bullet Network Camera

2231 Review
Review-OEM IPC-T2231RP-ZS 2mp Varifocal Turret Starlight Camera

3241T-ZAS Review

PTZ Cameras

180 Degree FOV 4K

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Noted!! Definitely staying away from lorex then. Will look into better cameras with an external strobe tied into the alarm system.
I will go over some more camera options. Also have to check dahua. Many of the hikvision cameras seem to have very small sensors, with a few exceptions of their performance line, which were the ones I listed. I will do some more research and get back to you guys!
Hi @Saad2605

Remember to test the strobe with the cameras .. I have not yet tried a strobe, so not certain how it affects the cameras.

I do know motion detection flood lights blind cameras for a short bit while they adjust ..

Saad2605

n3wb
Reaction score
So just going over some Dahua cameras and they already seem to have some more options available for bigger sensors.

Cameras:
N85DB6Z (8mp 1/1.8" vari-focal bullet; Use 10 of these outside 4 of which will be used to cover the entrance of the business complex and 6 for the building exterior)
N85DJ62 (8mp 1/1.8" eyeball; Was debating to use this in the lobby since it can get a full view of the lobby, and it has a spotlight built in)
N45EJN2 (4mp 1/1.8" eyeball; to be used in offices and went with 4mp 1/1.8" sensor so it can see clear at all times regardless of light situation)
N45DB7Z (These would be used during work hours to monitor the warehouse and employees)

NVR: DHI-NVR5216-16P-I (16 channel NVR with analytics+ support so can utilize all the features of the cameras, would use 2 for the 2 separate systems)

I think this might be decent. I will be reading some more reviews on each of these and seeing what people say, as well as potentially compare them to any cameras that Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) has, so if he has the same or better cameras, would rather support someone on the forums!

Would appreciate any feedback from here!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So just going over some Dahua cameras and they already seem to have some more options available for bigger sensors.

Cameras:
N85DB6Z (8mp 1/1.8" vari-focal bullet; Use 10 of these outside 4 of which will be used to cover the entrance of the business complex and 6 for the building exterior)
N85DJ62 (8mp 1/1.8" eyeball; Was debating to use this in the lobby since it can get a full view of the lobby, and it has a spotlight built in)
N45EJN2 (4mp 1/1.8" eyeball; to be used in offices and went with 4mp 1/1.8" sensor so it can see clear at all times regardless of light situation)
N45DB7Z (These would be used during work hours to monitor the warehouse and employees)

NVR: DHI-NVR5216-16P-I (16 channel NVR with analytics+ support so can utilize all the features of the cameras, would use 2 for the 2 separate systems)

I think this might be decent. I will be reading some more reviews on each of these and seeing what people say, as well as potentially compare them to any cameras that Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) has, so if he has the same or better cameras, would rather support someone on the forums!

Would appreciate any feedback from here!
Is it one building or 2?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Andy's cameras are Dahua and Hikvision OEM equipment sold under the names Loryta and Empiretech.

Some of my cameras I have bought from Andy from his Amazon and AliExpress store come as Dahua cams in Dahua boxes with Dahua logos, and some are not logo'd - I think it depends on how many cameras Andy buys if he gets them with the Dahua Logo or not. But regardless, they are Dahua units. If you get a unit that has Dahua on it, then the camera GUI will say Dahua; otherwise it will simply say IP Camera but looks identical except without the logo. Some of his cameras may come with EmpireTech stamped on them as well.

As long you you buy from the vendor EmpireTech or Loryta on Amazon (or AliExpress), they are Andy cams and Dahua or Hikvision OEM.

His cameras and NVRs are international models and many of them are not available through Dahua and Hikvision USA authorized dealers, but his cameras and NVRs are usually better than what you can find from a USA authorized dealer.

You can update the firmware on Andy's cameras and NVRs from the Dahua and Hikvision website, thus proving they are real Dahua and Hikvision. But you will find that the firmware we get from him is actually better and more recent than what is on the Dahua website because many members here provide feedback to Andy and then Dahua makes modifications to the firmware and sends back to him and then he sends out to his customers. These have been great improvements that Dahua doesn't even update their firmware and add to their website. So many of us are running a newer firmware than those that purchase Dahua cameras through professional installers. Smart IR on the 5442 series is one such improvement. Autotracking on the 49225 and 49425 PTZ is another. We got the next version of AI SMD 3.0 prior to anyone else as well.

Look at the threads here where members are actually testing firmware and improving it for Dahua - find a Dahua dealer with that type of relationship that Andy has with Dahua - I don't think you will find it. Look at the Dahua 4k camera on the 1/1.2" sensor as an example - Dahua provides cameras to Andy to sell before Dahua even made it available and look at all the improvements being made to the firmware from input from customers right here on this site. And the kicker is, we are not Dahua's target market - it is the professional installers...

You do have to be careful with some rebranded cameras purchased from other vendors as they are cameras that are for the Chinese region but have been hacked into English but then are not able to be updated or they will brick. Buying from a reputable source is key to make sure that doesn't happen.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Aha, not late when you try to figure out something here. Welcome to ask further questions about cams via DM or direct purchase.
Can visit our amazon shop link here. Top sellers normally on page 1 or 2. :headbang:

Amazon.com

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Saad2605

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it one building or 2?
So this is the layout. I am in a business complex with multiple warehouses and mine and a second warehouse are at the front. The first system is being bought by the park management to cover the park entrance and they will have 2 cameras installed on my building and the building across the parking lot.
Then the second system which has majority of the cameras, is one I am getting for myself to install on my own building.
Andy's cameras are Dahua and Hikvision OEM equipment sold under the names Loryta and Empiretech.

Some of my cameras I have bought from Andy from his Amazon and AliExpress store come as Dahua cams in Dahua boxes with Dahua logos, and some are not logo'd - I think it depends on how many cameras Andy buys if he gets them with the Dahua Logo or not. But regardless, they are Dahua units. If you get a unit that has Dahua on it, then the camera GUI will say Dahua; otherwise it will simply say IP Camera but looks identical except without the logo. Some of his cameras may come with EmpireTech stamped on them as well.

As long you you buy from the vendor EmpireTech or Loryta on Amazon (or AliExpress), they are Andy cams and Dahua or Hikvision OEM.

His cameras and NVRs are international models and many of them are not available through Dahua and Hikvision USA authorized dealers, but his cameras and NVRs are usually better than what you can find from a USA authorized dealer.

You can update the firmware on Andy's cameras and NVRs from the Dahua and Hikvision website, thus proving they are real Dahua and Hikvision. But you will find that the firmware we get from him is actually better and more recent than what is on the Dahua website because many members here provide feedback to Andy and then Dahua makes modifications to the firmware and sends back to him and then he sends out to his customers. These have been great improvements that Dahua doesn't even update their firmware and add to their website. So many of us are running a newer firmware than those that purchase Dahua cameras through professional installers. Smart IR on the 5442 series is one such improvement. Autotracking on the 49225 and 49425 PTZ is another. We got the next version of AI SMD 3.0 prior to anyone else as well.

Look at the threads here where members are actually testing firmware and improving it for Dahua - find a Dahua dealer with that type of relationship that Andy has with Dahua - I don't think you will find it. Look at the Dahua 4k camera on the 1/1.2" sensor as an example - Dahua provides cameras to Andy to sell before Dahua even made it available and look at all the improvements being made to the firmware from input from customers right here on this site. And the kicker is, we are not Dahua's target market - it is the professional installers...

You do have to be careful with some rebranded cameras purchased from other vendors as they are cameras that are for the Chinese region but have been hacked into English but then are not able to be updated or they will brick. Buying from a reputable source is key to make sure that doesn't happen.
Aha, not late when you try to figure out something here. Welcome to ask further questions about cams via DM or direct purchase.
Can visit our amazon shop link here. Top sellers normally on page 1 or 2. :headbang:

Amazon.com
Yup I think I will definitely be messaging you Andy! Had some questions as I was looking over the cameras so let me get everything together and I will send over a DM soon!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.