New to BI and looking to dive in

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
PAL or NTSC - but it is digital so it doesn't matter as to which one since it is just a pulldown in the setup screen LOL.

But do not update it. If you buy from Andy he gets better firmware than on Dahua site and it usually ships with the latest.

A common theme around here is don't fix what ain't broke. If the unit is working and meets your needs, in many instances an update breaks what you had working and provides you with something you didn't need. A Z12E that someone updated and then constantly reboots comes to mind, and a certain PTZ that loses autotracking with an update come to mind, a Hikvision ANPR camera losing half the FPS and ability to read US plates - those are big deals to have happen. Don't do it unless it is fixing a problem you are experiencing or adds a feature you really need.

Do not update for the sake of updating LOL.

Most of us here do not update the cameras, especially if they are working for what we are doing. Someone posted here just yesterday updating the 49225 PTZ (despite all the warnings everyone posts on here about that firmware update) and lost autotrack as that feature was removed in subsequent updates...

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
well after fighting for a few hours on getting them to work on the iot vlan, i have them up and running. i guess i mis-took them for ptz camera's when they are not (T5442T-ZE) just zoom and manual placement of camera lens. oh well, guess specs are more important than minor features, maybe next time.

getting them setup thru the config tool was interesting since they default to 192.168.x.x and my network is all in the 10.x.x.x subnets. had to set my main pc mb nic card (2.5gbe) (my main nic is a 10gbe) to 192.168, then config tool it to 10.x subnet then get them to recognize in BI. that was fun trying to get that going.

now just have to get my electrician friend to come over and do some rewiring to get another spot for a proper floodlight and outlet to run the poe injector for the new camera's

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
anyone know why i cant get h265 encode format? BI shows h264 even though in the settings of the camera show as h265 encode?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BI just pulls the video feed in whatever format the camera sends it.

BI doesn't have a specific place to say if it is H264 or H265. On the Video > Configure it can say different things like it may say H265/H264 or just H264, but it is the stream coding that is important.

If the video is showing properly, all is good.

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
well finally installed both of the camera's (bought the poe injectors from B&H Photo). they are running thru netgear PLP-2000 adapters (the outlet helps alot on the noise from the poe injectors since it has filters on the outlet on the adapter). just waiting to replace the eufy on the front door with the new foscam F41/FLC camera coming sometime in the next few weeks.

right now the camera's have no floodlights above them, waiting for an electrician friend to help wired some new 5k LED flood, since i used the old mounting spots for the new camera's. will have to adjust the IR's tonight until the floods are installed.

shout out to the following for all the help in this thread with info and steering me in the right direction, thanks.

@wittaj
@sebastiantombs
@Flintstone61
@EMPIRETECANDY

new cams.pngresize_topology.jpg

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
well finally installed both of the camera's (bought the poe injectors from B&H Photo). they are running thru netgear PLP-2000 adapters (the outlet helps alot on the noise from the poe injectors since it has filters on the outlet on the adapter). just waiting to replace the eufy on the front door with the new foscam F41/FLC camera coming sometime in the next few weeks.

right now the camera's have no floodlights above them, waiting for an electrician friend to help wired some new 5k LED flood, since i used the old mounting spots for the new camera's. will have to adjust the IR's tonight until the floods are installed.

shout out to the following for all the help in this thread with info and steering me in the right direction, thanks.

@wittaj
@sebastiantombs
@Flintstone61
@EMPIRETECANDY

View attachment 93287View attachment 93288

with how cheap POE switches are... why are you still messing with POE injectors?

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
probably for the same stupid reason you cant bother to read the original post.

woah woah woah.. who is this kid?

spend the money and run cable. powerline adapters are terrible for IP Cams

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

again you still cant read the original post, i guess reading comprehension is not your forte

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

but hey if you want to wire me roughly $538 to pay to run 2 wires of cat 6a from the front of my house to my basement network rack, i will be more than willing remove my setup and go with your suggestion.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
but hey if you want to wire me roughly $538 to pay to run 2 wires of cat 6a from the front of my house to my basement network rack, i will be more than willing remove my setup and go with your suggestion.

learn how to do it yourself, or go be poor in another community.

thanks for your input in this forum.

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
learn how to do it yourself, or go be poor in another community.

thanks for your input in this forum.
Ok Mr. All high and mighty. Like I have time for your pedestrian comments on what is good for me. good thing there is an ignore option for kids like you.