New to BI and looking to dive in

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Hik isn't a varifocal like the 5442-ZE that you are looking at. That can be a big difference if you are not sure on the focal length!

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Hik isn't a varifocal like the 5442-ZE that you are looking at. That can be a big difference if you are not sure on the focal length!
yeah i noticed that when i went looking for specs, its either 2.8 or 4 or 6. i will stick with the 5442 for now and see how things go, buying 2 x 5442 will put me at just under $400 and maybe re-coup about $100 from selling the eufy cams to a friend since he is running 1 of them now.

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i learned a lot playing with this amcrest on BI the last few weeks. setting up BI the way i wanted and what i got out of it is helping me decide which direction to start down.

this thread help me finalize what i really needed to move to the next stage. i will re-visit the camera upgrades 1-2 yrs down the road after the 5442 are installed and decide from there.

have to wait until after the middle of june after my bonus comes thru to purchase the camera's from empire tech andy.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think the 5442, especially the varifocal versions will be the king for awhile longer. Dahua has a larger sensor coming out, but right now it is only in a massive bullet form LOL.

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think the 5442, especially the varifocal versions will be the king for awhile longer. Dahua has a larger sensor coming out, but right now it is only in a massive bullet form LOL.
i wouldnt mind the bullets if they could be mounted under the eaves to hide some of the bulk, but my situation with my attic is cost prohibitive so i am going with the turret based on the wiki and other resources ive read on here and elsewhere. i was looking at those big ptz camera's but the WAF probably wouldnt pass muster.

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
anyone know if i can use a 24v 12w injector or a 24v 24w injector or a 154v 12w injector for the 5442T-ZE camera?

not to fond of the 2 prong oem adapter. all it says is 12v <7.5w specs and doesnt even list what poe spec it is.

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
was looking at the unifi line of poe injectors since the small power ones are really cheap $9, heck the 24v 7w is only $6.

Attachments

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i can get the oem poe injector for like $13 from B&H (since empire tech doesnt sell any) but its only a 2 prong, i would prefer a 3 prong.

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so i am guessing a 24v 12w poe injector should work since the max you listed is 10.8w with the IR on, i dont see any poe injector that shows anything close to a 12v one

nevermind those are 802.3at poe injectors. need to find 48v ones since those are 802.3af spec'd

Last edited:

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
found one,

PoE Injector, 802.3AF SKU: U-POE-AF

only $8, now to find someone that has it in stock :)

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I have to admit that I like to use Amazon for low priced items like this, just to add another stop at minimal profit or maybe a loss.

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have to admit that I like to use Amazon for low priced items like this, just to add another stop at minimal profit or maybe a loss.
personally i am not to fond of amazon sellers in general (if they are vetted i dont have an issue). i would rather buy from someone like B&H/newegg/best buy where i can return something easily (compared to amazon at times) if it doesnt work out.

but thats just me, not indicative of the sellers on amazon

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
plus with B&H if you use the payboo card, you get a discount that matches your tax cost :)

and free shipping if your order is over like $50

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I use B&H and NewEgg, too. Sometimes I'll just look for the item I want and order direct, price dependent of course. Every now and then EBay, but very rarely Amazon anymore. Bezos has enough already and is abusing it IMHO.

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
downloaded new firmware files from dahua for the 5442T-ZE, but they list 2 different ones.

DH_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.820.0000000.2.R.210403
DH_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.820.0000000.2.R.210403

so what is the difference between the NP and PN versions?