New to IP Cams, having a slow start

252life

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I've been researching IP camera technology for a little while and decided to purchase equipment to build my own personal camera system (I have the items listed below). I can access my NVR from my home computer through the network with no issues, but the IP Cam is having some difficulty.

WGCC NVR
WD Purple 4TB HDD
150' Cat6 cable
Dahua IPC HWD4431C-A IP Cam

The IP cam is receiving power from the nvr. I checked this with the NVR's maintenance tab and confirmed wattage. The IR led appears to power on a faint red, and the cam itself is warm to the touch. The IP cam is discoverable within both the NVR software and Dahua configuration software on my computer, but always says the following: "camera offline network disconnected". I have confirmed the NVR is connected to my router and discoverable. The default IP for the cam is 192.168.1.108, and I did not change the factory password (yet). I have read that this model of camera is Chinese and may cause issues with firmware updates, which I do not plan to do. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What happens if you point the PC browser at the IP address that the config tool finds?
Though there have been some posts about a recent Dahua requirement to 'Activate' cameras by registering via the app before they can be used. But that's not something I've had experience of.

The default IP for the cam is 192.168.1.108
OK - but is that on the same IP address range as the NVR and the PC and the router?
The Dahua config tool can find Dahua devices when they are on a different IP address range.

What happens if you point the PC browser at the IP address that the config tool finds?

252life

n3wb
Reaction score
When I point the web browser to the IP address the tool finds, I get a timeout error. The NVR and home computer are both on the same address range with no device conflicts. Thanks for the reply, really appreciate your time.

Edit: Added a pic from web access on home computer. The three cameras below #1 don't exist and are automatically generated by the NVR.

troubleshooting1.jpg

Last edited:

252life

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your time. I'm returning the camera for a different make and model - probably one of the many models referenced in the resource guide. Won't make that mistake again! I'll post back when everything is up and running.

crc2004

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

252life

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, I wanted to follow up with an update. Some good news - The cam works on my network when I plug in directly to the router and power up with 12v, and I can access it from my computer without issue. So at least I know it powers up and operates correctly, now I just have to figure out why the NVR isn't connecting to the camera correctly. I think it has something to do with the ports; the NVR wants 80, but the cam is default 37777. I'll post back after I tinker some more...

rftech

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

to me it looks like the nvr hasn't managed to assign an ip address on its own subnet (172.16.0.x).
I would try following:

1. connect to ip camera directly (through router or laptop), make sure dhcp is enabled.
2. make sure nvr has dhcp enabled
3. reconnect camera to nvr, configure the camera and make sure user name and password for camera are correct.
4. restart nvr

Hope this helps,