new to the site

mrgrumpel

n3wb
Reaction score
looking for some advice on home security setup. Currently, have SWNVK-885804 Swann 8 Channel 4 Camera Security System, PoE Wired Surveillance 4K Ultra HD looking to ad a ptz camera any recommendations? or tips to improve my set up thanks.

Kn10

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Lots of variables. It'd be even better to see HOW they are setup.
A big thing I find is being able to see WHAT HAPPENED is one thing, being able to see WHO DID IT is something else.
Many home setups can see what happened but cant ID who did it. Review some of your old footage, can you make out faces? If not, I'd start there.

Watch how people approach the house (even just package deliveries), are they facing away from the cameras? does their hat prevent you from seeing their face? are they looking down (most people do by default)? etc..

Check out the Wiki and see if you are making the common mistakes, mounting them too high etc..

Last edited:
Reaction score
^ +1

looking to ad a ptz camera any recommendations
There are so many PTS cams to recommend. But until you state why you want one, where it will be placed, and what you expect to view from it, no one can give you a reasonable recommendation. Oh, and how much you are willing to pay for it.

Tekbotslaya

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Welcome! So much information available it may be overwhelming to digest but do your best to narrow down what you're looking for and then flip through the reviews for the specific cameras.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
looking for some advice on home security setup. Currently, have SWNVK-885804 Swann 8 Channel 4 Camera Security System, PoE Wired Surveillance 4K Ultra HD looking to ad a ptz camera any recommendations? or tips to improve my set up thanks.
Welcome @mrgrumpel

FYI - appears to be the new OEM that Swann is using, not Hikvision.

If it was a Hikvision OEM kit a Hikvision PTZ would be the way to go imho for easier compatibility issues.

Not certain what you need for PTZ support in this kit.

1594418848618.png